YesNoOk

Rival Schools' Lightning Crush (Read 1640 times)

Started by DingusMB, June 28, 2017, 09:50:00 pm
Share this topic:
Rival Schools' Lightning Crush
#1  June 28, 2017, 09:50:00 pm
  • Déjà vu, mayhap—have you been here as well?
Whenever both character "hit" each other at the same time, there is a lightning effect, none of them get hurt and they get an extra power bar each when it happens. It is great for "repelling" attacks, and it just looks pretty cool.

What would be the best way to do this is Mugen? Make it so every non-projectile/throw attack has both a hitdef and a reversaldef? (The ReversalDef obviously wont trigger against enemy throws or projectiles)

I also like it a lot because both of them getting hit at the same time is silly
Re: Rival Schools' Lightning Crush
#2  June 29, 2017, 07:35:10 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Are you going for the whole Rival system? Punches tie, punches beat ultras, ultras beat tags, tags beat slams, slams be punches?

But what you're looking for is an actual system using the hitdef mainly.
Look at the priority. Hit vs. Dodge: Both miss  << This is probably what you want. So you want your attack to be 4,Dodge.
Then you'll need to come up with a helper that watches and adds the effects in.

This would probably need to be a whole game. Or most characters wont work with the system.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Rival Schools' Lightning Crush
#3  June 29, 2017, 08:45:03 am
  • Déjà vu, mayhap—have you been here as well?
Just the lightning crush, I already have every mechanic implemented, but I thought this would be a cool addition!

So if 2 attacks with priority 4 hit each other no one is hurt, is it that simple? And if so how could a helper detect when it happens? Having one constantly watching on a negative state would make things much easier. Also, I suppose an attack with a higher priority would hit (and not be hit by) a 4 priority one, is that correct?