YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18149424 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#1781  April 16, 2018, 12:39:23 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I don't know about you guys, but seeing this battle and DBX makes me want a Luffy for MUGEN with those sprites.
#1782  April 18, 2018, 11:24:47 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Anime:  The boy.

#1783  April 18, 2018, 11:34:42 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm not recognizing that soundtrack.  And they typically use music associated with the series being presented.  Am I blanking on one of the side game's songs, or is it one of the Gummi Ship songs?  Because the only one I got memorized is the one they pulled from Sonic.

#1784  April 20, 2018, 10:14:42 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
They switched to original BGM since Silver Samurai vs Shredder and no longer use music lifted directly from the source.
#1785  April 21, 2018, 12:05:13 am
    • USA
Isn't that just the animated fight sequence?  That and the very opening title card for the show, anyways.  I recall Sephiroth and Vergil using music from their games.  At the very least Sephiroth's theme.

...Though now that I think of it, I was wondering why Crash Bandicoot's analysis was also done whilst waiting for the beat to drop.  Though the generic high fantasy choir music for Legends Spyro could have fooled me from what I remember.  It sure wasn't the trilogy's approach, as I recall.

Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 12:13:48 am by Long John Killer
#1786  April 25, 2018, 11:21:23 pm
    • USA

Double post because Pit teaser's out.

Man, this actually makes me feel even worse for Pit's chances, with this brief reminder.  Of course it's not the full in-depth thing, but just remembering that their comparative mooks are comparing pure darkness and I guess dark matter ghosts (How do you qualify Nobodies who don't retain their human body?) to, well, sentient vegetables.  Yeah, it's not the high end stuff that matters to each of them but it doesn't help Pit's case that he's challenged by them.

I got a question to clarify because I don't get the match-up.  I've been seeing people suggest Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII versus Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles for some time, and getting just more and more upliked as time goes on.  I know a great deal about Lightning.  I do not know nor care much for Shulk or his series.  But I do try to not be bias here; what's the connection and how is at all in relatively similar power scales?  Lightning in the first game fought a religious cult/political power and a minor god in the first game, which already seems rather high on the power charts, though granted with help.  But onwards, it just gets stupid.  Lightning existing until the end of time fighting an endless fight against an immortal, being omnipresent on the timeline just for the second game, then the third has her beat an omnipotent, that game's universe's equivalent to God.  All I know about Shulk is his blade changes forms for different abilities.

Now, I'm not one to shy away from suggesting a fight not on account of it being a close match but because of the similarities between the two, but this just seems unfair and disconnected?
#1787  April 29, 2018, 12:21:28 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
DBX
#1788  April 29, 2018, 09:18:05 pm
    • USA

Preview for Sora vs Pit around the 2:17 mark.

Huh, I guess those are Super Smash Flash sprites for Pit.  Never played that, guess that's why I've never seen them.
#1789  May 02, 2018, 11:31:02 pm
    • USA

And now for the full thing.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Next fight is Leon Kennedy versus Frank West.  Not my cup of tea, but I suppose they haven't done a zombie match yet, so another one to check off the list I suppose.  I would have figured Chris would match up more, Frank being a joke-ish character and Chris being made into a joke with superhuman strength, but then, I don't play either series.
#1790  May 02, 2018, 11:50:45 pm
    • USA

Frank vs Leon feels like an obvious matchup from a character perspective, but it seems heavily stacked in Leon's favor.  Sure, Frank's got the edge in terms of sheer number of zombies killed, but Leon is a highly trained soldier with way more actual combat experience.  Plus, he's got guns.  Many, many big guns.  Frank's arsenal is limited to whatever he can find lying around.

Still, this should be a interesting match.  IIRC, neither character has ever done anything overtly superhuman, so it'll come down to their actual skills and abilities.
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#1791  May 02, 2018, 11:56:36 pm
    • USA

Does MvC3 stuff count as inhuman?  Photography boosting his stats?  And I'm aware he has some Capcom crossover items present in his game, would they allow him turning into X?  Or is that not normally acquired equipment, some DLC nonsense or whatever?

Oh wait, duh, they showed off the Mega Man armor and Mega Buster in the Next Time preview.  So yeah, he'll be getting that stuff too, I guess.

On a different topic, just because we keep using this thread for fights outside just Death Battle and One Minute Melee, plus it being long since outdated that they were under ScrewAttack, just changing the title to something more broad.  Yay or nay for anyone?
Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:17:49 am by Long John Killer
#1792  May 04, 2018, 10:12:03 pm
    • Germany
If they add anything from Resident Evil: Vendetta, than I would say Leon has inhuman reflexes and aiming abilities. ö.ö
#1793  May 05, 2018, 06:19:52 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
@balmsold Your Frank West sprites are likely going to be used in amazing fashion.  May want to check this next episode in a couple of weeks.
#1794  May 07, 2018, 06:09:45 am
  • Was it something I said?
Frank vs Leon feels like an obvious matchup from a character perspective, but it seems heavily stacked in Leon's favor.  Sure, Frank's got the edge in terms of sheer number of zombies killed, but Leon is a highly trained soldier with way more actual combat experience.  Plus, he's got guns.  Many, many big guns.  Frank's arsenal is limited to whatever he can find lying around.

Still, this should be a interesting match.  IIRC, neither character has ever done anything overtly superhuman, so it'll come down to their actual skills and abilities.

Frank has taken down highly trained soldiers before, such as Cliff Hudson, Brock Mason (that last guy you fight on the tank), went even on Fortana, and even Calder, who was a mutated zombie with a mind of a soldier, even though they played an even game with that overpowered armor upgrade (still counts, right?). Also, if they're counting 4, he can make anything from everything. I'd imagine this battle would be like Crash vs Spyro. At first, it'd seem one would tower the other, but they'd find a way to make it pretty even.
#1795  May 07, 2018, 10:53:31 pm
OMM
#1796  May 09, 2018, 11:27:55 pm
    • USA
Preview for John F. Kennedy:

#1797  May 12, 2018, 11:14:25 pm
DBX
#1798  May 14, 2018, 04:25:23 am
    • USA

New Death Battle Cast.  Preview of the actual Leon vs Frank fight at 4:40.

Eh, they're kinda painting Frank to be the bad guy here.  They have a bit of a trend that when two good guys fight, the one they make out to be the wrongdoer is gonna lose.
#1799  May 16, 2018, 08:02:20 pm
    • USA
Adam West:

#1800  May 19, 2018, 08:35:54 pm
Mini Rumble