YesNoOk

BREAKING NEWS: POPULARITY CONTESTS ARE BASED ON POPULARITY! (Read 74883 times)

Started by 【MFG】gui0007, March 15, 2017, 03:49:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: BREAKING NEWS: POPULARITY CONTESTS ARE BASED ON POPULARITY!
#41  May 07, 2017, 06:52:37 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I don't want to make a habit of this fellas, try and keep it out of the main topic next month
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#42  May 08, 2017, 01:25:41 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
do not call it CvS but CnS, lol, since capcom adn snk are the tow companies that got fighting game making ot it's apex, so anythign that emulates them is far better than any original design a script kiddie can come up with.
#43  May 08, 2017, 01:28:46 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
do not call it CvS but CnS, lol, since capcom adn snk are the tow companies that got fighting game making ot it's apex, so anythign that emulates them is far better than any original design a script kiddie can come up with.

What does the CnS stand for? Lol.
#44  May 08, 2017, 01:38:10 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Capcom no SNK
#45  May 08, 2017, 01:52:15 am
    • Philippines
Eh, I vote characters because I played as them and they feel great or because I trust the author's quality because they already have a good reputation.

If I don't find anyone interesting among the nominees, I simply don't vote.

Also, funny how this thread that was supposed to have been sleeping for weeks now until someone decided to post here again. An author, at that
#46  May 08, 2017, 01:53:24 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Moreso some stuff was merged into here and it reanimated the thread
#47  May 08, 2017, 01:53:48 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Eh, I vote characters because I played as them and they feel great or because I trust the author's quality because they already have a good reputation.

If I don't find anyone interesting among the nominees, I simply don't vote.

Also, funny how this thread that was supposed to have been sleeping for weeks now until someone decided to post here again. An author, at that

Nobody posted here, our convo got shit canned here
#48  May 08, 2017, 05:27:40 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#49  May 08, 2017, 06:29:18 am
  • For honor!
Some of you POTS graphics people sure care a lot about fame and stuff. Its rather telling as to what motivated you people to take the paths you have as creators :3c
Iroha stripped for me
#50  May 08, 2017, 02:21:48 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I've said it before and I'll say it again: you shouldn't be creating to get e-fame.

I've been in this community longer than others (10+ years), but I've mostly dwelled in obscurity as a creator because I only create stuff that I'm interested in. However, each of those characters was something I really wanted to make, and I make them mostly because I want to play as them. It doesn't make a difference how popular they get, but if people have fun with it or give bug reports in an effort to improve it, that itself is enough to make me a little happier.

I dunno, maybe it's an age thing (I'm almost 30), but eventually you realize that it's more about the experience of creating than how many COTM awards you get.
#51  May 08, 2017, 03:05:42 pm
People doing it for fame just kinda exist. Who knows why they go somewhere do something and ALWAYS expect everyone to give it nothing but perfect scores and stuff.
Atleast these are my thoughts on that matter.
#52  May 08, 2017, 05:04:27 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#53  May 08, 2017, 06:39:42 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Acknowledged! :bows:
#54  May 08, 2017, 07:28:17 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
"(insert name here) in pots style gets instant win and praised even if sucks or is a S.O.S release"..................
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#55  May 08, 2017, 07:28:38 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
I read everything, and must have to say, you all are making a storm in a glass of water.

I personally doens't see mugen a way to get popularity, as a creator, or spriter.
My characters are made for me and plays in the way I like, and share them only to know if plays OK for the others, to track bugs and improve the creation. If the character will be popular or not, I don't care, I didn't even care if he will take a feedback.

But I agree with ONE thing, characters made to be accurate to their original games are boring, they doesn't have anything special to show, nothing new, it is only accurate. Yes of course I want balanced and decent coded characters on the mugen, thats why we still working, right? This thing of Shin Omega God Ultimate SSJXV Ryu simply just doesn't fit to me, exagerated, and most of them poor coded with 99999999 warnings and a high chance to make your PC in Blue Screen. I look for a balance, a point between the original and classic character where I can put My favourite character inside of a world where he will fight Vega, Ruga, Heihachi, Sigma, Apocalypse and Abyss with good win and lose chances.
#56  May 08, 2017, 07:36:52 pm
I read everything, and must have to say, you all are making a storm in a glass of water.

I personally doens't see mugen a way to get popularity, as a creator, or spriter.
My characters are made for me and plays in the way I like, and share them only to know if plays OK for the others, to track bugs and improve the creation. If the character will be popular or not, I don't care, I didn't even care if he will take a feedback.

But I agree with ONE thing, characters made to be accurate to their original games are boring, they doesn't have anything special to show, nothing new, it is only accurate. Yes of course I want balanced and decent coded characters on the mugen, thats why we still working, right? This thing of Shin Omega God Ultimate SSJXV Ryu simply just doesn't fit to me, exagerated, and most of them poor coded with 99999999 warnings and a high chance to make your PC in Blue Screen. I look for a balance, a point between the original and classic character where I can put My favourite character inside of a world where he will fight Vega, Ruga, Heihachi, Sigma, Apocalypse and Abyss with good win and lose chances.

I can agree I like it when characters have new moves or changes as long as it's balanced and done well. I do prefer the edits that add something while keeping it nice and balanced to the most accurate character on the planet to the point that you might as well just go play the game on your console or an emulator. But eh it's M.U.G.E.N if people want to make the accurate character that's fine if they want to make an edit that's fine as long as it's well made that's all that matters in the end. Well that and constructive criticism regardless these are once again my thoughts and any differing opinions are okay to me.
#57  May 08, 2017, 07:41:14 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/

This thing of Shin Omega God Ultimate SSJXV Ryu simply just doesn't fit to me, exagerated, and most of them poor coded with 99999999 warnings and a high chance to make your PC in Blue Screen.
The problem is..peoples choose that shin omega (and now the new crap NEGA) with Orochi, Shin, Hyper,Super, Ultra...endless.. instead efforts like new chars like SuperGirl and some others...
the problem with the orochi,gods...was a plague in mugen early days..and become worst later...sadly..instead those can focuss to rip or make more mugen chars from more many games...
and I prefer accurate if is from some fighting game (or improve if the source game is awful crap)
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#58  May 08, 2017, 08:05:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
As for what and how was researched, I dont really care, tbh, they play awesome, all the combos work I know from the original games, and I think you are kinda underestimating the  amount of work that went into these guys.
You should care about it more. Your combos work but at what cost? You look deeper and the frame data is all weird, move properties have been altered to have different purposes than their original purpose and in the end the character doesn't feel like the character anymore.
You're overestimating the work that goes through some of these.
#59  May 08, 2017, 08:19:18 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico

While I see your point, there is a lot that goes into making a "source accurate" character that not everyone knows about. The amount of work and dedication to making a, lets say, a source accurate CvS2 or SF3 character is definitely admirable and deserves credit (especially if it's done well, which not a lot of people can do). Making something totally original and clean can be just as credible as someone who made an accurate conversion of a fighter from their respective game. Both are works of art, and show the creativity, dedication, and intelligence from both authors. But either way, it's still a freeware fighting game engine that anyone can make anything on. So do what you wanna do.
#60  May 08, 2017, 08:39:28 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
"(insert name here) in pots style gets instant win and praised even if sucks or is a S.O.S release"..................

Yeah? Tell that to me, pal...

And MY oppinion about this situation...
-About popularity... I really don't think THIS is something you should go on for.
Yes, I admit: I WANT to take CoTM, for at least once. I want to be finally approved as GOOD mugenmaker for this site. But no, no matter what, I'm not getting it. At all.
So, that means I AM not good enough, so I'm trying to selfimprove, to become better. And so every my next work becomes better than previous, I AM growing, gaining experience to make old and new works better. And you know... I believe, If I'll continue like that, one day I'll finally be appreciated as Great charmaker. And appreciation of that will be my own victory at CoTM.
So, yeah... For me, CoTM IS COMPETITION. It isn't way to become OR prove yourself as POPULAR, but way to prove everyone you're WORHT YOUR SALT, to become better while striving for it. To prove, you ARE a good Mugenmaker. Well, I'm still isn't cush, as you can see... But I'm living proof, that P.o.T.S. style isn't pass in Winners. XD
-And about accuracy... I think, main in works NOT accuracy, but QUALITY, how funny they are to play.
Hell, Evil Ken by Reu isn't accurate NOR to any of existing versions of Ken, NOR even to concept of EVIL versions "X+Akuma=Evil". But hell, he is SO WELL MADE he is still indisputable. OR the Ken by Jmorphman. He IS pretty accurate, he follows the chosen way "Beign close to CvS..." really well. Yes, he DO have some customazations, like Jouen Shinryuken and so on, hit he isn't so OC like Evil Ken, he IS based on CvS version of Ken with addition of goodies from every other versions of him. They both are WELL MADE, so they WON'T fade away that easily. Now just try to remember and BADLY made Ken, huh? THis won't be easy task, and no matter, how accurate or custom he is...
==================
P.S.: what is S.O.S. char? XD