YesNoOk

BREAKING NEWS: POPULARITY CONTESTS ARE BASED ON POPULARITY! (Read 74875 times)

Started by 【MFG】gui0007, March 15, 2017, 03:49:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: BREAKING NEWS: POPULARITY CONTESTS ARE BASED ON POPULARITY!
#61  May 08, 2017, 08:50:33 pm
Some grammar mistakes but eh Tetsu is far FAR from his original character and he's well liked. Kyo by Vans basically predicted XIII normal Kyo and was still liked despite it doing new things with the character. Also I think S.O.S may have something to do with Haruhi characters.
#62  May 08, 2017, 08:51:27 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
"(insert name here) in pots style gets instant win and praised even if sucks or is a S.O.S release"..................

Yeah? Tell that to me, pal...

And MY oppinion about this situation...
-About popularity... I really don't think THIS is something you should go on for.
Yes, I admit: I WANT to take CoTM, for at least once. I want to be finally approved as GOOD mugenmaker for this site. But no, no matter what, I'm not getting it. At all.
So, that means I AM not good enough, so I'm trying to selfimprove, to become better. And so every my next work becomes better than previous, I AM growing, gaining experience to make old and new works better. And you know... I believe, If I'll continue like that, one day I'll finally be appreciated as Great charmaker. And appreciation of that will be my own victory at CoTM.
So, yeah... For me, CoTM IS COMPETITION. It isn't way to become OR prove yourself as POPULAR, but way to prove everyone you're WORHT YOUR SALT, to become better while striving for it. To prove, you ARE a good Mugenmaker. Well, I'm still isn't cush, as you can see... But I'm living proof, that P.o.T.S. style isn't pass in Winners. XD
-And about accuracy... I think, main in works NOT accuracy, but QUALITY, how funny they are to play.
Hell, Evil Ken by Reu isn't accurate NOR to any of existing versions of Ken, NOR even to concept of EVIL versions "X+Akuma=Evil". But hell, he is SO WELL MADE he is still indisputable. OR the Ken by Jmorphman. He IS pretty accurate, he follows the chosen way "Beign close to CvS..." really well. Yes, he DO have some customazations, like Jouen Shinryuken and so on, hit he isn't so OC like Evil Ken, he IS based on CvS version of Ken with addition of goodies from every other versions of him. They both are WELL MADE, so they WON'T fade away that easily. Now just try to remember and BADLY made Ken, huh? THis won't be easy task, and no matter, how accurate or custom he is...
==================
P.S.: what is S.O.S. char? XD

Stop telling yourself your not good enough, cotm dont mean
Shit. I know why you lost with nash...he didnt have combos, didnt have
6-7 supers, no palette selector! That's why
#63  May 08, 2017, 08:53:51 pm
My only problem with Nash was sprites but those were unfinished so atleast I knew that was gonna be fixed later.
#64  May 08, 2017, 10:13:07 pm
  • For honor!
Is character of the month really indicative of quality when crap like UMKT Shang Tsung (Even the authors regret it) and Infinite Doom achieved that accolade? Seriously people don't sweat it.
Iroha stripped for me
#65  May 08, 2017, 10:29:45 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I'm surprised people are so butt hurt over all this. CotM is obviously just for fun, it's not a record of the best works or anything. If it were it would be picked by a closed unbiased group of judges, based on quality, creativity, accuracy/no accuracy, and who knows what else.

If you guys want something like that why don't you just put it together and make it happen?

I hate to be that guy but it shouldn't matter what motivates someone to create something here, even if the only reason they are doing it is for fame, popularity or to tease everyone with something they will never release.

Also, if people don't want to study games to make characters accurate or similar, who cares? They might come around to it, they might not. Chances are they know about that option.

Stop being babies!

#66  May 08, 2017, 10:38:36 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
If winning a CoTM/Y was a life goal like some people thinks, probably I could be a almost dead person with no future right now with one or two votes in voting LMAO

It's only a friendly votation. "Winning" or not, this will not change the quality of char for better or worse. [I admit in the past I though odd to see coders winning month after month, but... Who cares, it's only a pool between friends. Recognizing the hardwork of coders and spriters is nice, and just that. ]
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#67  May 09, 2017, 12:37:58 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I'm surprised people are so butt hurt over all this. CotM is obviously just for fun, it's not a record of the best works or anything. If it were it would be picked by a closed unbiased group of judges, based on quality, creativity, accuracy/no accuracy, and who knows what else.

If you guys want something like that why don't you just put it together and make it happen?

I hate to be that guy but it shouldn't matter what motivates someone to create something here, even if the only reason they are doing it is for fame, popularity or to tease everyone with something they will never release.

Also, if people don't want to study games to make characters accurate or similar, who cares? They might come around to it, they might not. Chances are they know about that option.

Stop being babies!

That's not a bad idea. let's make it seasonal, who's down?

*what ever happen to the stage voting?
#68  May 09, 2017, 01:10:32 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I've been in this community longer than others (10+ years), but I've mostly dwelled in obscurity as a creator because I only create stuff that I'm interested in. However, each of those characters was something I really wanted to make, and I make them mostly because I want to play as them. It doesn't make a difference how popular they get, but if people have fun with it or give bug reports in an effort to improve it, that itself is enough to make me a little happier.
You sir... I can NOT, I mean, CAN NOT have said this statement better than how you stated it. I was going to say something way similar to this.
That is so me. I can try to win a COTM but in the end, I can care a lot less if I lose because like you, I create/edit stuff I'm interested in. My Eggman had only 4 votes from other people but I don't care, what matters was that people enjoyed using him and few people pointed out a few things that need fixing and I'm glad they pointed it out.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:26:56 am by DarkWolf13
#69  May 09, 2017, 01:29:25 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I thought this topic was dead already. :P

POTS or not, accurate or not. The hard work of the creators needs to be recognized and respected, surely yes.
But fame doesn't matter in MUGEN. MUGEN is just for fun and it's for everyone.

Well, i don't like to repeat myself but...
Let's keep nominate and vote for the chars that we enjoyed and be happy anyway.

That's all. ;)
#70  May 09, 2017, 05:09:28 pm
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Also I think S.O.S may have something to do with Haruhi characters.
hello.
i guess it too but hate it?
 but i think that can means too:
- some missing Sink or Swim mugen character or stage.
- Spanish Club Nintendo's help section logo.
-a fighter with many assistants
-a fighter who wants helpers
-Jonas Brothers song character stage.

#71  May 09, 2017, 08:29:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

there were plans to make a M+ certification either here ebfore the revolution or in mugendev; charcters would get reviewed by a comite of 5 or so people, they would ahve to had certain levels of quality and compatilibity with comunity created standars to receive that. it failed, because of the prospected hurt butts amde it not worth the effort.
#72  May 10, 2017, 06:03:54 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
the people who take these general-public-driven popularity contests too seriously are in some serious need for attention despite coming here accompanied by their loyal legion of knights of the circlejerk table

also, cvs fanboys are just as bad as sonic fanboys but are still less annoying than the people who go on about how accurate characters are boring and are tired of people releasing the same thing over and over again while doing fucking nothing themselves.

and of course, let's throw in smoke's incoherent rambling just for shit 'n giggles

tl;dr: ... what i'm trying to say (and maybe i didn't properly expressed myself): is that you people are the literal cancer of this community
#73  May 10, 2017, 06:09:07 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#74  May 10, 2017, 06:24:12 am
sorry mate (but yeah... they are mostly terrible). thank you for your hardwork :(

clean what? is it because of the context? ok, ok i'll change it to something more positive... there we go
#75  May 10, 2017, 06:27:27 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Much better
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#76  May 10, 2017, 06:34:00 am
  • Niigasan
not gonna lie, I can almost guarantee  either omega rugal or mr.satan will win
#77  May 10, 2017, 06:40:53 am
popular characters get chosen by the general public to win a popularity contest!?

what is this madness!!?

... in all seriousness you say it like it's a bad thing or like it will cause some sort of damage
#78  May 10, 2017, 06:41:45 am
Have any of y'all ever thought of the possibility that this COTM competition will give the winner a 5K bonus? It explains why everyone's so excited this time round. :O

Besides this month of course, this is what happens when creating becomes more than sharing an experience with like minded people. You start taking forum contests with little trophy avatars a little too seriously.
#79  May 10, 2017, 06:45:00 am
  • Niigasan
I mean, I don't anymore but these are obiously the two coolest characters here
#80  May 10, 2017, 06:48:14 am
"i don't care but i keep bringing it up whenever i get the chance"

also:
but these are obiously the two coolest characters here
then what's wrong with any of them winning?
You start taking forum contests with little trophy avatars a little too seriously.
what else are they going to tell their grandchildren as a bedtime story