YesNoOk

Screenshot Art Contest on dA by me (Read 1820 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, August 02, 2013, 10:26:13 am
Screenshot Art Contest on dA by me
#1  August 02, 2013, 10:26:13 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Every couple of months i am organizing art contests held on deviantART.

The last one is hitting its deadline in 2 weeks and was about the Killer Instinct games.

This new one is about video games in general, and i am sponsoring it with 100 € / 130 US $ divided into three prizes, winners also get featured on both the GA-HQ.com dA Group as well as on the website itself.

The topic is to basically re-create a screenshot. This means you can't take two sprites now and put them on a stage or something, ..that would be a bit too easy.

Its about basically drawing a screenshot like game related fan art ..which game does not matter..that up to you. You can see an example of what an entry could look like above with the MegaMan one

You can find all important infos about the contest on this dA group blog http://game-art-hq.deviantart.com/journal/GA-HQ-quot-Screenshot-quot-Contest-starts-now-376227165
Re: Screenshot Art Contest on dA by me
#2  August 02, 2013, 07:54:53 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Out of curiosity, which Mega Man stage is that pic supposed to represent? I don't recognize it. Though it's pretty well drawn. :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#3  August 02, 2013, 09:53:17 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I picked that screenshot like image to show what i meant, but the screenshot looking fan art by Luis Santiago there was not directly based on a real screenshot

He also made this one though:

Which shows the MM2 robot master select as you know.

I saw those two fan arts by Luis somewhen last year and thought its a damn cool idea which could be used for a contest.

Seems at least one artist will draw a Street Fighter II screenshot based image, another one wants to draw  a Zelda ALTTP one. Hope 50+ artists will participate at least
#4  October 25, 2013, 02:36:26 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

*bump*
2 weeks are left, around 20 artworks were submitted so far and at least one MFG Member participated in it, so if you are an artist and think you can compete with the fan art submitted already you still have the chance to win either 50 or 25€. The three winners are getting decided through 5 professional artists who are not participating in this contest