YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 872293 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#141  October 23, 2012, 10:45:31 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I doubt he HATES part 1. He probably feels like it's not as fleshed out as the other Jojo parts.
And I think it's common sense to start theatrical adaptations and such from part 1.
Example: It's the reason why the PS2 games weren't released outside of Japan, Araki refused to change any character or stand names to avoid possible copyright infringements.
Uhh, I think the game didn't make it here because:
-It was based on the movie and the movie never got released outside of Japan and had no real fan base (No, the people who barely know the series because of the Capcom fighter don't count. And I think Viz's release of the part 3 manga wasn't out)
-It was a terrible game.
#142  October 23, 2012, 10:50:24 am
  • My common sense is tingling!
    • USA
    • youtube.com/mapleps3
@DKDC: Copyright thing was directed at you, in reply to your question.

And the only thing Araki ever stated disliking was the Phantom Blood movie (and there's speculation that his input is the reason there's no physical release of it to this day). That's why I'm wondering where he said he disliked Phantom Blood, unless he meant the film.

And @S.D.: I was mainly bringing up Giogio's, not the Phantom Blood game. I think any Jojo fan knows that game was a steaming pile. haha
#143  October 23, 2012, 11:05:31 am
I asked how he decided "I'll have a film made out of this part", not "this company is making a game, I'm okay with that, but not if they change the names". That's totally different.
If you're right and what he disliked is the film (after it was made), then that would make sense as he would have said "no sir I don't like it, don't spread it kthxbye / GAME OVER".

(it just doesn't mean he would have stopped the movie or the game from being done in the first place before he could see he didn't like it)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:24:26 am by DKDC
#144  October 23, 2012, 11:20:47 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#145  October 23, 2012, 11:43:23 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
The Vento Aureo game? Yeah for sure that was the main reason (I think the game was supposed to get released only in Japan and Europe, since the copyright laws are more lax in Europe but for some reason the European version got canceled)
It was a fun game though, and the voice acting was top-notch (I keep wondering why they didn't keep the same voice actors for JoJo All Stars)
#146  October 23, 2012, 11:53:35 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Also getting to play as wheelchair Polnareff was great.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#147  October 23, 2012, 03:59:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I asked how he decided "I'll have a film made out of this part", not "this company is making a game, I'm okay with that, but not if they change the names". That's totally different.
If you're right and what he disliked is the film (after it was made), then that would make sense as he would have said "no sir I don't like it, don't spread it kthxbye / GAME OVER".

(it just doesn't mean he would have stopped the movie or the game from being done in the first place before he could see he didn't like it)

still it is a completely different matter whether he can stop stuff from getting made ("no sir, I hate phantom blood and nothing will be done on it"), and he can get stuff made ("I lvoe part 4, hey let's make an anime out of it"), which is how some parts of the previous discussion sound to an outsider.
#148  October 25, 2012, 06:48:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Episode 3 had a bunch of QUALITY moments. But as someone said before, it's still better than most of the stuff airing this season.
At this rate we'll be done with part 1 in five episodes or so.
You're right that episode 3 had a bunch of quality moments, but I doubt the part 1 arc will be done in 5 more episodes cuz they'll be skipping too much important details and it'll leave alot of people lost if they go too quickly to part 2 or 3 maybe they'll do like 20 episodes at best to finish part 1 and next season will be part 2 and they'll make more episodes of each season which will be based on the 7 arcs of the jojo series
#149  October 25, 2012, 07:28:55 pm
20 episodes for the first arc is way too much, especially at the speed they're going. It's doable in under 10 episodes total.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#150  October 25, 2012, 07:40:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's been confirmed that they only bough 2 coeurs so it ahs to be 24 or so episodes  and as byakko said that's too much for arc 1, so we most likely are ognig to get 2 arcs compressed in the 24 episodes.
#151  October 26, 2012, 07:38:30 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
episode 3 ended exaclty where i left teh manga two years ago, now i need to catch up before watching ep 4 because it feels better to see what you've already read properly animated. i'm glad this series took so long to get animated this way not only are going to have pretty much everything done without filler but with great quality as well. if this had been done before we might still be in namek dealing with jonathan's childhood.

I'm not gonna lie, this is pretty darn adorable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjfJKLueAKQ
ok, i have to know what could make even you call something cute, let's see....

oh!
>ORAORA
this is... !
>DIO-SAMA
....!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#152  October 27, 2012, 01:42:46 am
So the first 3 episodes almost reached the end of vol. 2, and now this fourth episode went past halfway vol. 3. There are 5 volumes for part 1, which puts us exactly at half point, so 4 more episodes should be enough. By now we have a pretty good idea of how it will be, there shouldn't be much change (at least for part 1).
The voice acting is kind of rushed (they're just going with the speed of the episodes without spending much time putting complicated feelings in it, the usual over-played dramatic tone of old animes) and the animation is minimalistic, but the art is still good save for some QUALITY here and there, they're going wild on special effects, and the soundtrack is still great. Well, then again, nothing really interesting is going on in this episode.
Overall, it's above average, but I hope they'll slow down for part 2 and spend more time on animating stuff - it has 7 volumes, and there will be about 16 episodes to do it all, so it should have a better pace - half more content for twice as much time (considering the pacing of part 2 was originally better and more varied than the linear part 1 anyway).
Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:47:45 am by DKDC
#153  October 28, 2012, 04:32:17 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
The pacing was super fast... from Jonathan's retrieval to Jack the Ripper in one episode? And the Black Knights are already showing up next episode? Jesus Christ...

I'm OK with that if it means a better paced part 2. Also I'm not really digging Zeppeli's voice actor, but that's just me.
#154  October 30, 2012, 04:51:49 pm
they also completely removed when wang chan attacked jojo while he was training (which IMO came out of nowhere). well, i don't really mind that they rushed through this part since there wasn't much going on and jack the stripper was a lame henchman (same for wang chan). i'm more worried that the black nights arc doesn't get too rushed (i also wonder if they'll leave the baby-face-eating scene)

i'm done with phantom blood and it wasn't bad but it felt rushed and didn't had much character development and zeppeli's friends were an useless addition since they didn't do much besides die and protect some kids that they should have dropped somewhere

and i know speedwagon was supposed to feel great admiration and respect for jonathan but with the cheesy dialogue it came out as a huge man-crush (which is specially funny because jonathan barely even spoke with him during the whole arc because he was too busy talking with other main characters). but still, speedwagon was my favorite character (after dio)

Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:02:59 pm by Bastard Wolf
#155  October 30, 2012, 05:27:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Man crush ? in jojo ? GET OUT !

So, which subs are you watching ?
#156  October 31, 2012, 01:37:32 am
nubladder. they are the first to release (doesn't matyter much to me since i watch jojo on sunday) it and i once tried gg subs and didn't liked what they did

there's also commie and MMM (muda muda muda) fansub bu i haven't tried those since i don't need to

Man crush ? in jojo ? GET OUT !
haha you're right, i better remove my yaoi goggles there's no such thing in jojo
#157  November 05, 2012, 04:56:48 am

jojo on crack continues and next week will have
so part 1 will be no more than 8 episodes. i'm glad i read the manga first

oh yeah, in case you dind't knew already the op single comes out on 11/21
#158  November 05, 2012, 04:59:15 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Is there any presales/preorder info out ?
#159  November 06, 2012, 12:01:05 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Zeppeli's facial expression wasn't like that in the anime, oh well... there's always the BD.
#160  November 06, 2012, 02:29:01 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
No Speedwagon jumping into the river, I was disappointed.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller