YesNoOk

KOF Extra - Unlimited Match (Read 73251 times)

Started by kkhohoho, November 26, 2011, 12:13:57 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF Extra - Unlimited Match
#21  December 13, 2011, 02:02:39 am
Yeah man, that's cool and thanks for offering. That's how I'm used to downloading bigger files anyways, so that's no problem for me if they're in parts. I just want to try this game out, it looks pretty sweet.

Okay then; just remember to be patient. Due to factors such as, say, the sheer filesize, you'll probably have to wait a day or two. By then, hopefully it'll be up.

And about the game itself; the bad stuff is that the AI is all over the place; at times it's a cakewalk, sometimes it's fairly decent, and othertimes you'll wonder if your opponent came down with SNK Boss Syndrome, despite not being a boss. There's also a bit of character imbalance; yes, with well over 170 characters, EX characters notwithstanding, balancing isn't exactly the highest matter here, but here's an example. Terry Bogard has nearly every single move he's ever had, including different versions of moves, such as the KoF96-98 Powerwave or the FF Round Wave, only lacking Quick Burn and that one move where he runs&punts from NGBC, and he also has that Special-Cancel from SvC, which no-one else here can do. Now for the good; it feels like a full game, from the select screen, to the stages and music, and makes for an enjoyable experience. And the roster is amazing, so much that it actually puts NGBC to shame in terms of it's scope; not just the size, but what characters exactly are here, and where they come from. (I still like NGBC, but I think you know where I'm saying here.) Bottomline, it's not something I play competitively, but it is something I play with to have fun, and there's a ton of stuff left to do with it. So, if any of this sounds appealing to you, by all means, go for it. ;)

PS:If you use use Heidern, his D,U moves arn't impossible to pull-off, but they are hard. I actually changed his moves around; they used to be command moves, but this turned him into 'Super-Heidern' from 01', so I changed them to his classic commands.
Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:28:05 am by kkhohoho
#22  December 13, 2011, 02:45:06 am
  • Hëll
    • Brazil
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/MugenJaderMugen
This game looks very good
But the file size make me sad  :-\.....very big, and my internet is a shit all time, is impossible my complete download
119way need share it in parts....so everyone can download easy without problems....but i think that is impossible too
 :'(
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
LOL Elzee is very funny! XD
#23  December 13, 2011, 02:55:45 am
This game looks very good
But the file size make me sad  :-\.....very big, and my internet is a shit all time, is impossible my complete download
119way need share it in parts....so everyone can download easy without problems....but i think that is impossible too
 :'(

Read the post above yours.
#24  December 13, 2011, 03:11:41 am
Hmm...does all of the characters have KoF-style cancels, dodge rolls, blowback attacks, and etc that makes KoF KoF (^_^)? Which characters don't if some don't have KoF cancels?
#25  December 13, 2011, 03:16:53 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Okay then; just remember to be patient. Due to factors such as, say, the sheer filesize, you'll probably have to wait a day or two. By then, hopefully it'll be up.

And about the game itself; the bad stuff is that the AI is all over the place; at times it's a cakewalk, sometimes it's fairly decent, and othertimes you'll wonder if your opponent came down with SNK Boss Syndrome, despite not being a boss. There's also a bit of character imbalance; yes, with well over 170 characters, EX characters notwithstanding, balancing isn't exactly the highest matter here, but here's an example. Terry Bogard has nearly every single move he's ever had, including different versions of moves, such as the KoF96-98 Powerwave or the FF Round Wave, only lacking Quick Burn and that one move where runs&punts from NGBC, and he also has that Special-Cancel from SvC, which no-one else here can do. Now for the good; it feels like a full game, from the select screen, to the stages and music, and makes for an enjoyable experience. And the roster is amazing, so much that it actually puts NGBC to shame in terms of it's scope; not just the size, but what characters exactly are here, and where they come from. (I still like NGBC, but I think you know where I'm saying here. Bottomline, it's not something I play competitively, but it is something I play with to have fun, and there's a ton of stuff left to do with it. So, if any of this sounds appealing to you, by all means, go for it. ;)

PS:If you use use Heidern, his D,U moves arn't impossible to pull-off, but they are hard. I actually changed his moves around; they used to be command moves, but this turned him into 'Super-Heidern' from 01', so I changed them to his classic commands.

Thanks man, I appreciate it and I'm sure others will as well. I don't mind waiting a day or two either, I've waited a lot longer for a lot less. Also, that's fine if it's a little unbalanced or has some funky ai for some of the characters. It's mugen, it's to be expected. Oh and if it's cool, you should upload the command file for Heidern that you edited. If it gives him his classic setup, I'm all for it. Thanks again.  8)
#26  December 13, 2011, 03:26:17 am
Oh and if it's cool, you should upload the command file for Heidern that you edited. If it gives him his classic setup, I'm all for it. Thanks again.  8)

It was going to come with the game anyway, so no problem's there. ;) The only other change I made though is that EXRyo (AoF,94&95,98EX,) doesn't have to charge his Flying Kick special anymore.
#27  December 14, 2011, 02:08:12 am
Uh, I have a little problem. Megaupload's uploading isn't working right for me, and also slows down the internet, and Mediafire doesn't seem to be working for me either. Does anyone know of any other good upload services? Thank you.
#28  December 14, 2011, 03:29:30 am
  • Miscrits on Adroid phone
    • Australia
Uh, I have a little problem. Megaupload's uploading isn't working right for me, and also slows down the internet, and Mediafire doesn't seem to be working for me either. Does anyone know of any other good upload services? Thank you.

How about this file hosting
http://www.fileserve.com

Ps. Pls split it into two files or more than so that it just easy to download. THANKS!
Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:34:19 am by smacker
#29  December 14, 2011, 03:40:59 am
    • USA
Yeah, Fileserve would be awesome because that's the only site I actually have a premium membership with, but megaupload's free service isn't too bad either, you just can't do batch downloads. Sendspace is pretty decent too, but files go offline kind of frequently there, so it's up to you. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to do this for all of us, I'm pumped.
#30  December 14, 2011, 03:27:05 pm
Hmm...does all of the characters have KoF-style cancels, dodge rolls, blowback attacks, and etc that makes KoF KoF (^_^)? Which characters don't if some don't have KoF cancels?

Not really, it's pretty much a compilation by definition.  Some of the character sprites clash, obviously. Some characters are 6 button, some are 4.  If anything, I wish the creator would have released the screenpack as a standalone, and let people put their own characters in it, instead of making people download a gig worth of "extras" just to get it.  Visually pleasant screenpack, tons of filler, another reason a compilation should NEVER be touted as a full-game. 

The screenpack:  7/10
Characters:         4/10  (They don't play the same, it's not very balanced, it says KOF, but it's really not.)

...You haven't played the game, have you? Every character has; Superjumps, Smalljumps, Super-Smalljumps, two punch buttons, two kick buttons, a blowback button, a roll button, blowback counters, roll counters, Supercancels, and a MAX. Everyone. The creator made the effort to make everyone play the same, and it shows.
Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:48:50 pm by kkhohoho
#31  December 14, 2011, 05:51:35 pm
  • For the Murder!
well, in fact, that's not even 119way's screenpack, that's Hloader's 2002UM screenpack  --;
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#32  December 14, 2011, 06:04:31 pm
I have played it, I downloaded it to mainly see the screenpack, which is very nice. 

KKhohoho, I'm not trying to blast you, so don't take it that way. If I'm wrong about something, then I'm wrong, and I officially take back my incorrect statement from earlier.  After reading your reply, I have gone back and reviewed the game, and I offer my recourse:

I just could not get some of the characters to work on a consistent basis. I attribute this to my configuration. I realized that many of the characters that had the 6 button layout, and lacked some features, was because I had duplicate mappings. (My fault, completely!)   

Okay, now, after a correct analysis, I'll offer up my thoughts.

I maintain my position on the sprites.  I understand that redoing all of those sprites is out of the question, but why add a character just for the sake of numbers? That reminds me of Capcom using the outdated Morrigan sprite in CVS. 

Which brings me to my next point?  Why all of the extra characters?  Is it to fill a roster? I understand that they are adjusted to play similar, but I wouldn't put a Power Ranger in a KOF game and say it's KOF because it plays like it.  (Disclaimer:  THERE IS NO POWER RANGER IN THIS GAME)  Quantity doesn't equal quality.

My final opinion (which has made up most of my rant,) is that I feel that beautiful screenpack could be used more wisely if the creator would dump over half of the roster and focus his ambitions on a select few, or just release the screenpack and let people put their own things together. When I download something with the "Full Game" tag on it, I expect more than a bunch of characters thrown in that play similar.

I've read your opinion, and respect it; I guess I can see your point. It is supposed to be a KoF game, so I can see how one might expect it to only have a 'KoF roster', if you understand what I'm trying to say. And I also can agree with 'quality over quantity', in cases where you have a crapload of stuff, but it's not worthwhile, such as MvC2, or better yet, the MUGEN game MvC: Eternity of Heroes. But, different strokes for different folks I guess. I for one have no problem with the sprites; Capcom did it in the CAPvsSNK games, and while I would have liked just one sprite style instead of three in those games, they still managed to get away with it. And for me, the huge roster is the main reason why I like it so much. If I wanted to just play with the regular KoF characters, I'd go play KOFZ, or even an official KoF game. KoFEM's roster goes above and beyond that, and the various characters such as Mario, Zero, (Megaman X/Zero,) or the anime characters is just part of that appeal; it's like NGBC on crack. (I also don't play regular MUGEN, for various reasons, so that's another thing.) Again though, I can understand why you don't like it, and I hope you can understand why I do.
#33  December 15, 2011, 10:02:43 am
    • USA
@Zinjonovic
I haven't gotten the chance to test this game out yet, so what I say is based solely off your comments.
I personally think there is nothing wrong with a large roster if all the characters play similar. If I could have a game with a hundred characters that played just like Goku by Cybaster/Balthazar, I'd cry myself to sleep every night out of happiness. I can see downsizing if it were an actual published game, but resisting the ability to not downsize and have more variety defeats the whole beauty and intent of mugen. I saw a few odd ones in the roster like Mario and He-Man, and I think that's awesome. If it's having characters in a KOF roster that aren't from KOF is what bugs you about this game, then really your quality over quantity comment doesn't apply, because it's not that they're not quality characters, they just aren't KOF characters. Plus, in this case I don't think that adding the additional characters compromised the quality of the others. It really just sounds like the thing that bugs you is just the title of the game, because if it didn't have a KOF title, everything would fit and make sense, like it's just a cool SNK game. Don't take me saying any of this the wrong way either. I'm in no way talking bad towards you, I'm just deciphering your feedback. But yeah, it sounds to me like you just don't like the "KOF" part of the title, or you don't like playing mugen games with characters from different games. If that's all there is to not like about this game, that's not too bad at all. You mentioned something about sprites also, but I have no idea what you're referring to. Rock on.
#34  December 15, 2011, 04:09:28 pm
You mentioned something about sprites also, but I have no idea what you're referring to.

In that case, he sort of has a point. You have characters from Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Garou, Last Blade, and even Power Instinct&Street Fighter that have never been in an actual KoF Game, or even SvC or NGBC. In most cases, they don't have actual KOF--style sprites to use; the only ones that got them are John Crawley from Art of Fighting,  Marco/Kushnood Butt from Garou, Feng Long, Sean, and Gouken from Street Fighter, and Mizoguchi from Fighter's History. So that can been as a problem for some. Then again, as I said, CAPCOM themselves got away with it in CAPvsSNK 2 with 4 different art styles, (I previously said 3, but I forgot Morrigan,) so I don't have as much of a problem with it, as long as everyone plays the same. (Which they do. ;) )

Also, I tried Fileshare; that didn't work out. So I'm going to try Sendspace. I'm still going at it...
Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:16:38 pm by kkhohoho
#35  December 16, 2011, 04:47:35 am
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
Kkhohoh:  I totally get your point. Different strokes for different folks. Right on.

Shulbocka: no no no, I totally have my super mugen mashup, haha. I've been in Mugen since 2004, I've definately got a collection. The whole thing for me was just that if its marketed KOF, it should be KOF. You're right about one thing, I originally got into mugen to have a ton of fighters at disposal, its just, this game could have been spot on (for me) if it were true to its title...but then again, "Extra," it may be! No, YOU rock on, brother!  :sugoi:
#36  December 16, 2011, 06:42:47 am
    • USA
@kkhohoho
As long as games have similar sprites, it doesn't bug me if there origins are different. If it was a KOF styled game, but had sprites that were Mortal Kombat or MvC styled, that would be something else. Speaking for this game alone, I got no hard feelings towards the roster. I can see Zinjonovic's point though that if it's titled as a KOF game, it probably shouldn't have He-Man in it, but I won't let that stop me from enjoying it or picking He-Man. I hope Sendspace works out too by the way. That's weird that all the other places have let you down. Mediafire is usually pretty damn good about uploading for me.

@Zinjonovic
I hear ya man, you got a valid point. Still, for me, as long as their gameplay and sprites are similar for the most part, odd balls being in the roster won't take away from the experience, just make it more interesting. I say again though, I know what you mean and you are right. Either way, maybe just try and think about it like a KOF inspired game, and not necessarily a straight up KOF game, and that might make it more appealing to you. Since you've had a chance to play it though, what do you think of the gameplay? Just curious.
#37  December 16, 2011, 07:34:43 am
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
    • https://www.unitedbygames.net/
The best part of this is you can take it and use what you want out of it. For the most part they work very much like a full game. Some character that were never finished are completed. (SNK Spanish Vega for one) Most of the characters are world community improved and updated. Any character that had crazy attacks has been normalized. (SNK Sakura)

I have not played any character that seemed to be out of place control wise. Who has 6 button attacks?

All the sparks and sounds match. All characters have MAX2 attacks.

He has even added background support for all of them such as water splashing if you are fighting in water and lighting effects when you are on a stage with torches or campfires.

Not to mention this has a rating system that is up to par with kof 2k3 point scoring system. That is a massive amount of working with vars for all these features each character has. Not just a copy and paste job.

This guy has been making good characters for awhile before this and has included all of his work into it. 16 characters.

Even if you do not like a lot of the characters. You can do anything with this thing.

I have been watching this project grow for awhile. Thumbs up to Way.

Also he updated it a few weeks ago. Gotta love KOF freemen!  ;)
Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:04:54 pm by Kamiya
#38  December 16, 2011, 06:12:13 pm
it probably shouldn't have He-Man in it,

Uh, hate to break this to you, but He-Man isn't in it...

Also, as long as I'm here... Sendspace konked out on me, but I think that can still work, so I'm trying it again today.
#39  December 17, 2011, 04:20:19 am
    • USA
Don't worry man, you're not breaking anything to me. I realized I was wrong about that after writing it last night. I downloaded another KOF game yesterday with the same name, and it had Mario and He-Man in it, and I thought it was an older version of the game by mistake. I thought it was cool to have him in there though, but my bad for giving false info. I'll be sure to get the facts straight next time. Good luck again getting the links working, I'm patiently waiting.
#40  December 21, 2011, 06:30:53 pm
  • Fight
    • Brazil
Server dont work!!  >:D