Started by Iced, June 28, 2010, 04:08:19 pm
#1  June 28, 2010, 04:08:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Re: Feedback: General
#2  June 28, 2010, 04:20:38 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Okay time for feedback. I've had no sleep so bear with me and it's going to be a little harsh as usual.

You guys need to develop proper hitdef standards and more importantly, scrap the current system because it's a piece of shit that needs work. Standards are nice. They ensure a bit more balance and at the same time, they save, YOU, the developer, time and work. So, make them.

What's worse, the layout is a clusterfuck. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing half the time. If you're going to add a lot of shit, use the extra buttons because the only reason it was the way it was in Real Bout was because they had no more than 4 buttons to work with. Otherwise, get rid of all the pointless stuff and keep only what's useful or adds variety.

That means:
  • no changing basic attack animations after x hits
  • no two basics assigned to two different buttons that have the same fucking range, priority and/or startup time
  • no pausetimes pulled out of the ass; if you really must lower them, divide the standard by the number of hits (Vampire Savior sorta does this)
  • no single character's basic doing significantly more/less damage than another's unless there's a damn good reason for it such as doing any of the above mentioned
  • No incorrect, overanalyzed, overcomplicated "Real Bout style" gameplay

That's about all I can think of for now; pretty tired.
#3  June 29, 2010, 04:47:54 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
"Completely change everything gameplay wise that this game was based around."

Sounds like a bad idea to me. I likes me some Real Bout gameplay. Don't know why you think it's over complicated; it's a hell of a lot simplier than most systems.
#4  June 29, 2010, 05:01:27 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I didn't say that Real Bout was overcompicated. I'm saying the coders' interpretation is what's overcomplicated.
#5  July 01, 2010, 12:52:08 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
If Iced gets hit while throwing his bowling ball, he clones himself.