YesNoOk

Capcom VS SNK W fullgame system released...  (Read 92075 times)

Started by rednavi, August 20, 2007, 04:57:44 pm
Share this topic:
Capcom VS SNK W fullgame system released...
#1  August 20, 2007, 04:57:44 pm
    • USA
quoted from SyN:

CvS W is designed to work with all of Warusaki3's CvS2 styled characters only! (Not Included!)
Also its supported by using the High Res Hack Winmugen!
(Latest version with the char select screen support found in the downloads section)
Follow the directions included inside the the package for perfect installation.

Quoted from SyN who quoted me  :P

-Features-
(quoted from RedNavi)

- A more "fullgame like" mugen including visual aspects.
- In the character select screen you can see the basic status for the characters, they are based on their normal mode controlled by a human.
- The start of the first round now have a lean screen, without lifebars and with an intro music instead of silence (Intro music will be different against bosses).
- Each groove now have their own super special move finish background.
- Portraits during the fight will react to your current mode (normal or ex version).
- A "cheap bastard" explod will appear if someone collapses during a fight... XD.
- When the time is almost over you will hear a special music (randomly decided from 3 songs) for it, an explod will come and tell you to hurry up, and the time counter background will change. Song won't come up during final round.
- Each character have their own winquotes (from 5 to 9) from their different game appearances, except some who never had winquotes so I had to invent some silly stuff  .
- Super special move finishes have a KOF XI-like pause, time depends of the groove.
- First round has it's own unique announcer and animation.
- The other rounds (except some survival mode rounds - see survival mode explination) will have unique animations and randomly decided announcers.
- Final round will be detected and a new song will play during it (randomly decided from 3 songs). Also it will have its own announcer and animation.
- Mode identificator, to tell you what mode you currently are, training or battle (last one changes during survival challenges).
- Survival mode results screen will have a new fully animated aspect and with a background music too! And it will also give you a rank depending of how many enemies you defeated.
- An explod close to your life will tell you if you have full life (perfect) or if you are in danger (life below 30%).
- A stage counter will tell you the stage you currently are on arcade mode (an also tells you if you are against a boss or sub boss).

Screenshots:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

where to get?

http://www.club-syndicate.net

Downloads > M.U.G.E.N. > ScreenPacks

for support:

http://www.club-syndicate.net/forumz/index.php?showtopic=1496

stage contest: soon

joke winquote contest: soon

survival challenge contest: soon
Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:22:24 am by Lv3 P.o.t.S.
Re: Capcom VS SNK W fullgame system released...
#2  August 20, 2007, 07:10:56 pm
Looks good to me, I'm going to grab it and give it a try.

And man! You should've PMed me! I was almost done with a stage for you :P

SyNdicate

#3  August 20, 2007, 07:21:05 pm
-UPDATE-

A patch was released due to those who are having problems with this release after the installation. This corrects an error in the system.def file and this has a game over sff file for this package.

Remove the CvS-Slash gameover.sff and use the one in the rar file.

http://club-syndicate.net/CvS-=W=-Patch.rar
Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 07:32:41 pm by -SyN-
#4  August 20, 2007, 07:24:48 pm
    • USA
And man! You should've PMed me! I was almost done with a stage for you :P

A stage contest will be up soon so don't worry, btw, the stages for this project doesn't need to be "acurrate" to the cvs2 game itself so you are free to use your creativity on the stages (plus, 1 stage in a fullgame system is weird, I'd beter just include the 24 planned for more fullgame purposes :P). Oh! and in case you can't or don't wan't to work on a stage but ripped the graphics, you can send them to me so I can make some of the hi-res stages  ;)
#5  August 20, 2007, 07:35:42 pm
If you're good at cloning lifebars out, let me know :P
#6  August 20, 2007, 08:17:02 pm
    • USA
I can always make something about it 8)
#7  August 21, 2007, 12:45:39 am
  • Dark Side Maniac
first of all...this fullgame system is amazing!! :sugoi:

A couple of questions:

- is there a way to give ex chars a personal background?
- will you implement the team modes in next releases? I mean team arcade, team vs and so on...
- is there really no hope in using continues in story mode? I know this isn't related to your screenpack but still it is frustrating   --;

good luck with your work, so far already fantastic  ;)
#8  August 21, 2007, 01:07:10 am
  • I'm behind you :O
    • www.mugen-zaibatsu.info/
the team modes will fuck up the system that's why he didn't add them + it's not like you're gonna die without team modes -_-;
==========================
= This is an awesome signature :) =
==========================
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_UhkzV2yb8
^
neowave mini demo ^_^
#9  August 21, 2007, 01:13:36 am
    • USA
#10  August 21, 2007, 01:24:17 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Waru is not in the thanks section?  :(

also ELECTBYTE?  ;P
#11  August 21, 2007, 01:28:59 am
    • USA
instead of clean I said lean so :P?

damn! I knew I forgot somebody!  o_O (he was in the beta version of the readme, damn!) I'll update the entire file to include the patch already applied and fix those typos and stuff I forgot  :P
#12  August 21, 2007, 01:37:11 am
My character big portraits are too small for the select screen. how to fix?

Those with evil hearts beware, for out of the darkness comes.....THE GREY GHOST!
#13  August 21, 2007, 01:51:28 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
swap them for bigger ones. get fighter factory, mee or mcm to do so.

SyNdicate

#14  August 21, 2007, 05:10:11 am
Do as [E] Says.

Please guys, carefully read all of the directions supplied before asking questions.

Here is a tip that might help you in the future for those that are not coding illiterate.

quoted from my forums
here is a trick.

Thank god Warusaki only makes one cns file.

just open that characters cns file with notepad, press ctrl+f and type statedef -3.

it will automatically find it.

Afterwards, paste the codes rednavi supplied directly above [statedef -3], and save.

You are done.

Do this for all of warusaki's Cvs2 Styled chars.

-edit-
I just wanted to confirm that those who can't use hi res mugen can use the new hack found at randomselect to play with this new screenpack.

This version of mugen has support for hi res with the character select screen only! Lo res stages are supported in this so basically you should have no problem running this.

Here are some screen to prove it. My stages which are made for low res mugen.

There you have it.
Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:36:28 am by -SyN-
#15  August 21, 2007, 08:29:03 am
    • USA
Main download file was updated, If you already DL'ed the file dont do it again and go for the patch, but If you stated from now on to DL it, then after you finish with that, dont get the patch, it comes already with the new file

instead of clean I said lean so :P?

damn! I knew I forgot somebody!  o_O (he was in the beta version of the readme, damn!) I'll update the entire file to include the patch already applied and fix those typos and stuff I forgot  :P

done everything  :sugoi:
Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:31:18 am by Rednavi W
#16  August 21, 2007, 12:33:12 pm
    • USA
another video showcase made by SyN:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GbqcHEshqfg

it shows more of the stuff inside the system...

EDIT: to fix some mugen drama troubles I decided to release this new readme file with some... *ehem* changes on it...

http://club-syndicate.net/readme.html

feel free to copy-replace-paste it inside a txt file to see the real readme and not the one included in the screenpack with some... *ehem* time paradox >_>
Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:10:33 pm by Rednavi W

SyNdicate

#17  August 21, 2007, 06:01:13 pm
There was an issue reported to me earlier about RedNavi's Works being mysteriously deleted during my absence this morning.

I am not pointing fingers but anyway his works are being re uploaded, and his CvS W sp will be made public within the next 15 minutes.

Sorry about the mishap and I hope this wont happen again.

-SyN-
#18  August 22, 2007, 09:30:42 am
why cant i select Vega, Gouki, G Rugal and Geese on the selection screen?

Sig by TempesT :)
#19  August 22, 2007, 11:05:16 am
  • Burning for the world
    • www.dresmasher.x10.mx/
There was an issue reported to me earlier about RedNavi's Works being mysteriously deleted during my absence this morning.
I am not pointing fingers but anyway his works are being re uploaded, and his CvS W sp will be made public within the next 15 minutes.
-SyN-
so that's why it was offline,
 if you got someone from inside that's doing this ...  o_O
 btw, it's still offline :P and you posted this at 03:01 am so I guess that you had time to reupload it...
 you sure it didn't got deleted again?

SyNdicate

#20  August 22, 2007, 11:37:24 pm
why cant i select Vega, Gouki, G Rugal and Geese on the selection screen?

Because you did not install everything correctly or using other versions of those characters which we stressed many of time are not compadible.

-SyN-
so that's why it was offline,
 if you got someone from inside that's doing this ...  o_O
 btw, it's still offline :P and you posted this at 03:01 am so I guess that you had time to reupload it...
 you sure it didn't got deleted again?

Yeah I know. I had alternate links posted just in case that happened again. Also I re uploaded everything and discovered a fix that should prevent this from happening again. I went to the mk portal support forums and discovered that this same situation has happened before to many in the past but I believe I did what i can to prevent it.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.