YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1222159 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#641  April 24, 2019, 02:31:36 am
thanks 2dee4ever.... the clarification was amazing!

is it possible makes a stand animation for portraits on select screen and when you have chosen the character, the char changes for a new pose as win pose to symbolize the selection?

Example :

Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 02:47:58 am by Mazemerald.
#642  April 24, 2019, 03:02:33 am
    • USA
I was just talking about that a few pages ago. I knew it’d benefit a lot of you. I know it can be done, I personally haven’t messed with it yet. It’s like that in MVC & MK, both series I’ve seen some users have interest in. I say, start putting your builds together so we can experiment.

As far as what I need, most of everything I’ve been interested in, I’ve already implemented. Forever working on tag system, dual assaults, intros, endings. Most things that aren’t Ikemen related. I’m very interested in story mode like systems. I want to recreate a lot of the lore with 2D animation. A saga like mode, K4thos was on it with me before he lost interest.
#643  April 24, 2019, 04:47:10 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So I'm trying to set up AppVeyor to automate build so everytime there is commit to the repo people can download the latest binary.
I will inform how it goes.

Here is example of how builds look in AppVeyor:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/benvanik/xenia/build/job/6k5dbisjfxyyxtyb/artifacts
The project is xenia emulator.

EDIT:
IT'S ALIVE!
I mean, it worked.

What does this means?
That Ikemen would have a fresh build every time we upload the repo.
And the build does not need human intervention, the builds are uploaded automatically.

The builds are in:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go
Inside the artifacts tab.
Could someone test the mac and linux ones?
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 05:40:52 am by Gacel
#644  April 24, 2019, 07:41:08 am
    • South Africa
I can test the mac one later.
#645  April 24, 2019, 09:40:26 am
    • Russia
#646  April 24, 2019, 09:52:25 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
So I'm trying to set up AppVeyor to automate build so everytime there is commit to the repo people can download the latest binary.
I will inform how it goes.

Here is example of how builds look in AppVeyor:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/benvanik/xenia/build/job/6k5dbisjfxyyxtyb/artifacts
The project is xenia emulator.

EDIT:
IT'S ALIVE!
I mean, it worked.

What does this means?
That Ikemen would have a fresh build every time we upload the repo.
And the build does not need human intervention, the builds are uploaded automatically.

The builds are in:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go
Inside the artifacts tab.
Could someone test the mac and linux ones?

The windows one crashes on my end for some reason.
Lasagna
#647  April 24, 2019, 10:12:35 am
1 - does ikemen read stages build with 8 bits png? i'm with the opengl on, but the stage appears with a black color for the png elements.

2 - is it possible to put the resolution 384,224 if it doesn't exist into the video options?

3 - is there any possibility to have filters like as openbor to eliminate the pixelation?
#648  April 24, 2019, 10:17:17 am
    • South Africa
I may be wrong, but you can set a custom resolution by selecting custom in the resolution settings, that's what I did for my resolution.
#649  April 24, 2019, 11:20:44 am
i'm using a screenpack with the resolution 384,224 on ikemen, but i don't get see it on fullscreen.

however the stage and lifebar are on 384x224 the pack shrinks the lifebar a little bit.

is there a line to fits the fullscreen with any resolution.

#650  April 24, 2019, 11:50:54 am
    • Russia
i'm using a screenpack with the resolution 384,224 on ikemen, but i don't get see it on fullscreen.

however the stage and lifebar are on 384x224 the pack shrinks the lifebar a little bit.

is there a line to fits the fullscreen with any resolution.

You need to change the script/localcoord.lua file
#651  April 24, 2019, 11:59:28 am
    • South Africa
I can't seem to get character themes to work, the stage music always overrides it and plays. It will begin the character's theme sometimes and then immediately change to the stage default music.
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:58:08 pm by LebKeller
#652  April 24, 2019, 04:18:24 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
The windows one crashes on my end for some reason.

Happening to me as well. At first I thought it might be the same issue I had when I tried to compile it a small while ago, where it would either crash on startup or load properly, but here it's just crashing every time.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#653  April 24, 2019, 06:36:19 pm
Yeah I thought I was the only one with the issue, I remember the newest one and the previous build would randomly crash on startup. I don't know why this happens. Also a weird thing that it does is when I would change a setting in the screenpack lua, it would crash on startup, then if I loaded it again, it would be fine and finally accept hte changes too. I've since deleted it so I can't remember much in detail anymore, but those issues have been tehre since hte previous build.
#654  April 24, 2019, 10:48:54 pm
I was excited to start use ikemen, but the animated portraits have no function that I need, it's weird the char makes the same pose for all on select screen,versus screen and winner screen.

Different than Mugen the ikemen haven't so intuitive files, until the moment the system promises many things, but doesn't show the path to the flowers.

I like games with commercial standard like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and I'm not lazy,  if I have the necessary resources I can make beautiful works, but gets searching for the fairy's gold into this engine looks like a torture.
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:56:24 pm by Mazemerald.
#655  April 24, 2019, 11:34:12 pm
Mugen is 20 years old and until now have no the basic and primary features and resources for a commercial game like Street fighter alpha 3 that did everything with an obsolete engine in 1997.

We are 20 years just putting chars into a system with no intelligence and with tied hands and very limitations.

When shugendo appeared I thought it was the way to evolve, but nothing happened.

And now with ikemen everything is very crude, you haven't almost any reference to follow or certain that somewhat will really work.

I don't lost my hope, but to me ikemen is a open sea, where you're navigating at drift.

Sorry if it looks rude, but it's not my intention.

#656  April 25, 2019, 12:17:25 am
    • USA
You do realize most of us started off not knowing how to do anything either right? Learning as we go. Kinda the whole point. I get what you are saying, but let me make it easy for you. You can either do something, learn/be willing to learn or do nothing. The choice is rather easy, you won’t be alone in doing nothing, just keep the rest to yourself.

I can assure you no wishing, hoping, praying on a star is going to make anything happen overnight. People are using their own free time to work on this stuff. Let me change this part as to not discourage you.. Maze, you gave up in less than 24hrs. You could not have tried that hard. You aren’t stupid. You are just as capable of learning as anyone else. I get you are really passionate about it, that’s good. So don’t give up. Keep at it. I revised it as you may misunderstand that bold truth.
Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:44:42 am by 2Dee4ever
#657  April 25, 2019, 01:43:20 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
It's seems the reason of the crash because the resource is already in use...
If you launch the engine multiple times it works. That's bad.
I'll do more testing.
It's interesting that this bug didn't happen in older versions of GO-lang
This is like Phyton all over again :mwhy: (Python 3 transition flashbacks)

Mugen is 20 years old and until now have no the basic and primary features and resources for a commercial game like Street fighter alpha 3 that did everything with an obsolete engine in 1997.

We are 20 years just putting chars into a system with no intelligence and with tied hands and very limitations.

When shugendo appeared I thought it was the way to evolve, but nothing happened.

And now with ikemen everything is very crude, you haven't almost any reference to follow or certain that somewhat will really work.

I don't lost my hope, but to me ikemen is a open sea, where you're navigating at drift.

Sorry if it looks rude, but it's not my intention.

Ikemen GO is still in a alpha state so we have no documentation.
But most of the stuff works the same as Mugen.
What problems do you have with the system? Feedback would be welcome.
Also don't give up, if I didn't on K4rthos sending the lua files (I'm still waiting) you shouldn't, we are here to help in any problem you have.

About Shugendo and his roadmap:

Shugendo did plan to make a lot of incompatible changes.
I don't think that Shugendo way of removing CNS support is the way to go.
Not every Mugen creator is a programmer.
Compared to Electbyte or Shugendo I don't think that CNS is a bad system but it could be improved.
http://web.archive.org/web/20141230125257/http://elecbyte.com/blog/recursive-redirection
http://web.archive.org/web/20141230125258/http://elecbyte.com/blog/roadmap-mugen

My objetive with Ikemen GO is not make a comercial competitive engine but something that the Mugen community could use and expand without the need depend on Electbyte.

EDIT:
If anyone care here is the windows crash error log.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
The crash seems openGL related more specifically at line 536 image.go
Called by runMainThreadTask() in system.go
When using the function refresh() inside a lua file...

I'm not have much knowledge about openGL, but I'll try my best.
EDIT 2:
I think that the problem is that something points to a invalid location. Man I seriously don't know about openGL.
Hey Neat Unsou could you give a hand with this?
Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 04:06:47 am by Gacel
#658  April 25, 2019, 05:26:28 am
thats very interesting @Gacel, because I didn't add more info about the crashes before because I didnt think it would matter, but you have mentioned OPENGL, and for me with the Newer builds, the OPENGL ReShade injections I use no loonger work and automatically crash ikemen on startup. Just to let you know, it was working quite well with the builds before, I know OpnGL is not your area so I didnt mention it at first. I guess it makes sense now.
#659  April 25, 2019, 06:47:46 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
About openGL reshade Ikemen uses OpenGL 2.1 the oldest possible we can use.
We do this because it brings compatibility with old GPUs (I think that's the reason)
I will upload and try to build with a old GO version (1.11) from now but that's just a temporary solution.
This problem seems windows only.
Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 06:51:35 am by Gacel
#660  April 25, 2019, 07:12:44 am
Thank you for checking it out! And just to be clear, I was saying that reshade works fine with ikemen go plus, just not the newest build