YesNoOk

Trigger Redirection further explanation? and with a 3v3 mod? (Read 953 times)

Started by junkerde, February 26, 2019, 05:59:07 pm
Share this topic:
Trigger Redirection further explanation? and with a 3v3 mod?
#1  February 26, 2019, 05:59:07 pm
I was reading the mugen class thread about trigger redirection and maybe still a little confused about it. I had some questions. But I've added a twist, using a 3v3 mod. So basically, if I have a 3v3 mod, could trigger redirection do this?:

-Check that I am the third partner (My ID = 58, partner 1 is ID 56, partner 2 is 57)
-Check the state of a certain partner, not both, lets say check ID of partner 1 = 56, and if Partner 1 clicked the "z" command
-Only if that 1 partnerhas done command "z",, then change state of P3 (ID 58) to a state I specify

Is that what redirection is like or no? Would this be possible? I tried it out myself and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right:

type = changestate
triggerall = ID = 58
trigger1 = partner,ID = 56 ;only when partner 1 is in the state below, not partner 2
trigger1 = partner,command = "z"
value = 0

I'm not sure if thats a good starting point, or if its not possible. Could you single out a specific partner? Or does partner just equal (if youre in 3v3), the other 2 people on your team at the same time? If this is confusing I can explain further. What I'm basically doing is making a tag team mod around 3v3 (I know add004 exists, but I'm trying my hand at my own) I sucessfully built something where P1 can call the partner 2 and partner 3 seperately as assist depending on what keys he uses, but cant seem to figure it out when its a different partner who is active in teh fight to call others seperately. I feel like using ID's is the only proper way to handle this. But really my question is the one above, I'll figure out my whole tag thing later.
Re: Trigger Redirection further explanation? and with a 3v3 mod?
#2  February 26, 2019, 06:32:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I will let someone with more recent/fresh experience adress most of the question.

I will just mention taht command redirection is icky, as mugen does (used to do?) somethign really weird with commands where the command is translated to something numerical and what matters are not the command names but the order of the commands. what this means is that just because you have command =z it does not eman that command = z means the same thing for the other character, command = z while redirecting might be a different command.

If you can somehow modifuy the command file os all the commands are int he sameorder, that is not an issue; also, newer versions of mugen (compared to what I used back then) might have alreayd solved this problem.
#3  February 26, 2019, 08:01:18 pm
yeah I',m still figuring it out, I kinda realized having a command be a trigger is buggy, and it is on my part at the moment. Still its kind of working, but not in the way I want. I dont know if theres a way to do

trigger1 = Partner,ID = 56,stateno =

Basically saying partner1's stateno has to equal this, for this condition to work.

I know that's impossible code, but not sure if there's something that actually does this in mugen. It would really help. Which is what I thought trigger redirection does, but I may be wrong which is why Im asking.
#4  February 26, 2019, 09:44:18 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Something like this?

Trigger1 = partner,id = 56
Trigger1 = playerid(56), stateno =

Or

Trigger1 = cond(partner,id = 56, playeride(56),stateno = ? , 0)

You could have characters use a var or explod for these triggers instead of a command.
Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:22:00 pm by ink
#5  February 28, 2019, 09:21:42 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@junkerde: After reading all this, the easy method you're looking for isn't a thing. What you're trying to do can happen in a full game. BUT you can make a "95% compatible" method too.
Your train of thought on
trigger1 = Partner,ID = 56,stateno =
would be
Trigger1 = partner,id = 56
Trigger1 = playerid(56), stateno =
Like Ink mentioned. GT mentioned this http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2160094 in the Class thread.
Also, that 56 will need to be a variable.
Read up on how Altoid & Алексей do things http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2160190

You'll probably come down to a method of spoofing this into the 95% compatible way. Where you'd check something like
Trigger1 = playerid(56), stateno = [200,209]
for light punches.
This obviously isn't going to work perfect for every character ever.
But if you made a basic AI that checked [200,299] and [400,499] and [600,699] for your 3 basic attack types you'd be pretty secure.
You could TRY to make a specials detector but that'd be far less reliable.

I like the idea of P3 and P5 listening to me though. Would make the fights a little more dynamic. I'd be super interested in having AI Jump in when I'm in my landing state. This way we keep the pressure High and Low at the same time.
I love battling 1 vs 3. Still can't beat 1 vs 4 yet. <_<
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv