YesNoOk

Txpot's 1.0 Creations! 10/11/2015: Parachute Truck released! (Read 55589 times)

Started by Txpot, October 25, 2010, 09:15:44 pm
Share this topic:
Txpot's 1.0 Creations! 10/11/2015: Parachute Truck released!
#1  October 25, 2010, 09:15:44 pm
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
I've decided to post all my 1.0 releases here.

All creations can be obtained at my site, which is here: http://txpotstuff.t15.org/index.html

PLEASE read the readme files within the creations before you do anything with them.

=============

UPDATE (Main Creations) - 10/11/2015: M-3 Rocket Launch Support Van (Parachute Truck, Metal Slug) released!

The M-3 Rocket Launch Support Van A.K.A "Parachute Truck" is an immobile truck that shoots bombs with parachutes above them. It's a homage to Metal Slug Defence, where so many people have complained about its overpowered-ness.

Screenshots:

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uv85h2vyvpvzv6q/M-3_RLSV.rar
or Mediafire Page (when it's uploaded): http://www.mediafire.com/folder/8fplzf1npaqyw/Documents

Don't bother with my website links at the moment. FTP doesn't work because the original host has blocked access, and so many of the files are outdated.

=============

UPDATE (Contributions) - 8th January 2015: Charizard/Darkrai/Hitmonlee/Marowak/Mr.Mime for "Project Catch 'Em All" released, all other characters updated!

To download most of them normally, head to my website's Mugen Stuff > Mugen Misc > "Project Catch 'Em All" Stuff.
Otherwise, use this Mediafire link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/flnzz5y33z6qa/Project_Catch_'Em_All

[Pic]
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Remember, they're all for "Project Catch 'Em All" by Ryon & Alexei.  Go here for more info: http://www.mugenguild.com/forum/topics/project-catch-em-all-153640.0.html

=============

Any sort of feedback is welcome! Can't download? Wait a while, and then come back.

Enjoy!

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:55:56 pm by Txpot
Re: Txpot's M.U.G.E.N Creations! (1.0 Topic)
#2  October 25, 2010, 10:07:23 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Welcome to the GUILD. How's Infantry?
#3  October 25, 2010, 11:00:57 pm
    • UK
How's Infantry?

It's a pretty good place to hang about in, apart from the occasional surprise downtime that no-one can be warned about. Maybe this is the reason why people post here most of the time instead of Infantry. Guild is pretty bustling with people, even more than Infantry. Because of the many people here logging on, there's a good chance that you can get a reply from them about anything quicker than Infantry could. But otherwise, Infantry is a good place to hang about in.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#4  October 25, 2010, 11:18:52 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I think a "it's down again" would have been enough. ;P
Anyway, welcome here at MFG.

I have tested Naruto, and there's quite some feedback :

- Why in hell would you use Winane's AI method when there's the 100% reliable AILevel trigger on Mugen 1.0 !? I would have understood if this character was to be made compatible with Winmugen, but it's not the case, so... Anyway, I just looked in the CMD, and it looks like you're using AILevel a way or another, but also var(59). Remove all occurences of var(59) as well as Winane's AI activation please, and only use AILevel to trigger the moves. Also, from looking at the code, you have a very clumsy way of coding the AI.
Just an example :

[State -1, AI Rasengan]
type = ChangeState
value = 2999
triggerall = roundstate = 2 ; Does Not Attack before each round
Triggerall = AIlevel = 4 || AIlevel = 5 || AIlevel = 6 || AIlevel >= 7  ;Why is this here ? No need for them, since they're in your triggers
triggerall = var(59) = 1 ;to be removed.
triggerall = statetype != A
triggerall = Blablabla ;several things
trigger1 = AIlevel = 4
trigger1 = Random = [0,199] ;ok, so the move can be performed at AILevel=4 based on just a random number.
trigger2 = P2BodyDist X <= 80 && AIlevel = [5,7] ;At AILevel=[5,7], the move can be performed only at a certain distance, but without any randomness. Strange!
trigger3 = AIlevel >= 7 && P2Stateno = [4000,4200] ;And at AILevel=[7,8] (notice how this overlaps with trigger2), the opponent has to be in a stateno he may never enter, with no randomness nor distance ! ARGH!!!

- Get rid of the black border around the small portrait please.
- CLSNs seem a bit large at times (walk back for example), but they're globally fine, so that's cool. :)
- Missing some system sounds, when jumping, landing or back dashing.
- Missing some system FX : if running is going to get smoke/dust, backdash might as well get some at the beginning, and jump when going up and landing too.
- The motion of the ninja tool throws when they are guarded is totally not natural. I even think they should get the same motion whether they hit or are guarded. To make them look more natural, you could try to make the projectiles go backwards (as you did), but be affected by gravity and hit the ground before fading. Look at my Batman's Batarang if you need a reference.
- Overall, the ninja tool throw has a startup which is really too long, for a really low damage. Look how fast normal chars can use their projectile, and compare with Naruto. His projectiles are almost useless in a fight due to their delay.
- On their aerial vesion, even if going slower, Naruto should still be affected by gravity and his current vel. Being completely static in the air looks silly, and it's even worst on the strong version, where he's just standing in the air.
- Is it normal I can chain Moon Kick 3 times in a row on an opponent ?
- I didn't check the code, but are you mixing hitsparks from the char's SFF with default hitsparks ? I'm saying that because slashing upper doesn't have the same kind of hitsparks.
- What is this nothitby when doing a super jump ?
- When he lands from a jump, you can see him move 1 or 2 pixels Y-wise when going back to stance. This means the last sprite of the landing anim is misaligned.
- I fothers could confirm : none of the palettes (apart from the default one, of course) are working for me ! o_O
- Jumping forward is misaligned. Pause the game and advance tick by tick : when he reaches the peak of his jump, his torso goes back X-wise a whole lot, giving it a strange feeling at normal speed.
- Any chances for Japanese voices ?
- Back Slash also has a huge startup which makes it very easy to avoid, or even hit Naruto during the startup. Either make it shorter, either give Naruto some autoguard or something. Also, seeing how the hitpause is long, it would have been really nice if we could have chained into s.lp or s.lk for example, making this move a combo beginner.
- He can crouch while running.
- Be careful with s.lp juggles. I can send the opponent in the air with s.hk, and juggle the opponent for a 10 hit combo with s.lp alone, in the corner.
- Supers have a 30% chance of failing !? WAIT WHAT !!! While I understand this makes sense storywise for Naruto, it's kind of a huge drawback in fighting games, where you use a super when you know it's useful.
- All supers :
   + During the superpause, Naruto has a nothitby window, which is good, but this window vanishes during a tick for a strange reason.
   + As a super, using bigger hitsparks would be nice.
   + Envshake please.
- Naruto Barrage :
   + Opponent is misaligned when throw in the air by the double kick : he starts "in" the floor.
   + When the opponent is sent back to the ground, you could be using an anim where the opponent has his head towards the ground.
- Rasengan :
   + Startup is too long, I can jump over Naruto easily, or even hit hit before he uses it. This applies to some other supers too.
   + If hit when he's dashing to hit with the Rasengan, the electrical hitsound will still be displayed.
   + When Naruto jumps back at the end of the move, the Rasengan FX is still here and binded to Naruto, which looks very wrong.
   + Also, the ball FX is not shiny enough and doesn't blend with the CVS style FX.
- Great Boss Toad :
   + What the hell, it's a Lv3 super, and it has 66% chance of doing nothing !!!
   + Even when the boss appears, his mouth ball only hits once, since the opponent is on the ground when hit the first time.
   + But hey, why would the opponent be hit anyway, as he can just guard since the move takes so long to start.
- Windmill of shadows :
   + Move is very predictable. You can just crouch with KFM to avoid all shurikens.

All in all, this version is much better than Youkai's one, that's for sure, but it has huge flaws that make him not very interesting to use for now :
- Most specials have too long of a startup which makes it impossible to combo into them or make good use of them.
- It's even worst for supers, which have a startup making them very easy to avoid, not counting the fact that they have a 30% chance of missing.

Still needs a lot of work. Good luck. ;)
#5  October 26, 2010, 12:54:27 am
    • UK
Thanks for your feedback! It seems that I have a long way to go here, but everything here is something I can fix.

Zck

#6  October 26, 2010, 05:31:38 am

I do not think Youkai got the message.

Before you continue with this Naruto-kun edit, I think you should try to successfully get a response of Youkai giving you the green light. If Youkai says no, than don't continue.
First I was just a leech, then I edited the stuff I leeched, now I made something and contributed it.

Cool.
#7  October 26, 2010, 11:03:23 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Isn't this supposed to be open source? As long as he gives credit, it should be alright.
Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:08:23 pm by Nanashi_1337

Zck

#8  October 27, 2010, 03:02:45 am
Okay dokay, Nanashi_1337.
First I was just a leech, then I edited the stuff I leeched, now I made something and contributed it.

Cool.
#9  October 28, 2010, 03:11:50 pm
    • UK
Good luck. ;)

Good luck indeed; My computer's hard-drive crashed! I've lost practically ALL my data! The only thing I can do is post a small status of Naruto on a temporary computer. Basically, I have completed everything other than the following notes:

1. There is now an option to turn off the success rate of Supers (i.e have a 30% chance of failing them).
2. The Back Slash you mentioned can now be used in a combo, but you cannot use it more than once during a combo.
3. Naruto's japanese voice will have to wait, for now.

It's lucky for me that I uploaded this updated Naruto before the crash, so you can still get him via the usual links and tell me what you think. Try not to expect any updates from me or any of my creations for a while.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#10  November 11, 2010, 10:50:36 pm
Mayble you can do Sasake or Supermario64 next even though there is a edit of Supermario64 made by Stickman14  :-\.
#11  January 13, 2011, 11:09:01 pm
    • UK
Naruto is updated, Sasuke is released, Japanese Voice packs for them are released, and my "Index" and "Mugen characters" page on my website has been updated. So go and S-S-S-Snag up a Sasuke now!

Links on the first post. Enjoy!

#12  December 13, 2012, 02:58:39 pm
    • UK
UPDAYTE - 31st October 2012 (was on Mugen Infantry, but is now down again)

Several things have happened, so put your necro-posting pitchforks away and read on...

I haven't been online for a long time now due to the phone line being cut off because of lack of money. However, that doesn't mean that I haven't done anything all this time! Here's the news:

It's my 5th Year of M.U.G.E.N! So I've decided to upload and update the following things:

1. Naruto, Sasuke, and Shedinja have been updated!

2. Mario, Wonder Momo, and Sho Nuff are now finally released!

I have a new website now ( http://txpotstuff.t15.org/index.html ). It will slowly replace Multimania as my new hoster. In the event that it dies out for some reason, the old site will still be there.

And finally, I'm getting some severe cases of "Creator's Block" (Or whatever it is) that makes me feel like I should move on to the next project or something before the current creation is even 90% complete. As a result, I rush into releasing the creation to try and get that off my mind, so anything I create next will be playable but may not be finished yet. Bear with me on this, because MUGEN eats up my time like the flesh-eating virus.

Enjoy!

#13  December 14, 2012, 06:56:05 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
i have been Waiting Forever to get my hands on Sho Nuff, Thank You For releasing him, Testing asap

AI seems to be a little more aggressive than id like it to be, but other than that enjoyed playing with him Very Much, & That Victory pose, with the line from  the movie & Crowed , F'n loved it
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:46:51 am by ZombieBrock
#14  December 14, 2012, 11:51:24 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
wonder momo does not work I tried to download her and shes missing a cns file. idk which cause it looked right to me but she crashes.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#15  December 14, 2012, 01:28:33 pm
    • UK
wonder momo does not work I tried to download her and shes missing a cns file. idk which cause it looked right to me but she crashes.

Oh, sorry about that. I accidently added the wrong file in the archive. Try the website link or downloading the fileden one again.

#16  December 14, 2012, 03:05:20 pm
Thanks dude I'VE Been waiting 7 months for SHONUFF THANKYOU So MUCH because DDR Would have never released him anyway
#17  December 15, 2012, 02:35:28 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
ok redownloaded her she works now but she feels very incomplete she could also use more sounds.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#18  December 15, 2012, 03:59:25 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
Naruto :

the lvl 1 super deals too much damage (the clone one) and the clone cant be hit WTF
while he use the sexy jutsu he cant be hit
some Attack deals too much damage
some infinites too

Sasuke:

fire jutsu (the short range one not the super) can be spam also a potential infinite
some attack deals too much damage
katon housenka no jutsu super the fire balls is like homing missile WTH its a terrible idea seriously (suggestion change that into one giant fire ball (Katon Goukakyuu No Jutsu) since this is his signature fire jutsu)
some infinites too i guess
#19  December 15, 2012, 10:53:51 pm
    • UK
ok redownloaded her she works now but she feels very incomplete she could also use more sounds.

This is all the moves and the sounds the character has to offer. The original creator hasn't bothered to update the game she came from, and so the project is assumed dead.

Naruto :

the lvl 1 super deals too much damage (the clone one) and the clone cant be hit WTF
while he use the sexy jutsu he cant be hit
some Attack deals too much damage
some infinites too

Sasuke:

fire jutsu (the short range one not the super) can be spam also a potential infinite
some attack deals too much damage
katon housenka no jutsu super the fire balls is like homing missile WTH its a terrible idea seriously (suggestion change that into one giant fire ball (Katon Goukakyuu No Jutsu) since this is his signature fire jutsu)
some infinites too i guess

Naruto

1. Technically, the clone is not supposed to be hit because he's supposed to be off-screen (since it's based on the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series), but it wouldn't be fair if the opponent had to avoid the projectiles while off the screen. Damage is fixed, though.

2. This is intentional because the attack itself is weak. On the plus side, you can now hit him after the heart projectile comes out.

3. I don't know what attacks you are refering to, so I'll say the one special that might cause a problem; Ninja Tool Throw. It is OK in damage compared to how long it takes to pull off, but Windmill Shruiken may be a problem because of projectiles that hit multiple times, causing extra damage with that one shruiken attack. The weak version may cause an infinite only because of the opponent's own hit time - I can pull off the infinite on Sentinel by Xslaught, but not Kung Fu Man or many other characters.

Sasuke

1. Fixed.

2. Again, I don't know what attacks you are refering to, so I'll say the one special that might cause a problem; Ninja Tool Throw. Same as Naruto above.

3. This move was from the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series. It had the same homing properties and the same "go through walls" effect, but there isn't a twirl to spread the fire in this version. I could change it into a big fireball, and make it so that it initially costs 1 powerbar, but costs more the longer you hold it in exchange for a bigger fireball.

Both:

1. I don't know where you get infinites from. Please tell me how you found the infinite.

In addition to all this, fixed typos in the readme file for Sasuke, and made Naruto's Rasengan easier to hit close opponents. Re-uploading tomorrow as my broadband speeds are too slow right now.

#20  December 15, 2012, 11:44:20 pm
    • Mexico
I wanna think that this Sho Nuff is inspired in DDR version