YesNoOk

Axel Stone HD (Read 14167 times)

Started by xdxdav, April 26, 2019, 10:16:26 pm
Share this topic:
Axel Stone HD
#1  April 26, 2019, 10:16:26 pm
    • Singapore
    • xdxdav@yahoo.com
Here's  HD axel stone using sor4 fanbase gfx and coding by me.

it can b downloaded from below:

here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ALWoEWHH5AFXhRo

for the SOR fans, enjoy
 all comments feedback criticism are welcome. especially bugs issues. thank you.
Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:28:32 pm by xdxdav
Re: Axel Stone HD
#2  April 27, 2019, 10:19:44 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Not to be the "mean" guy, but this Axel is plagued with a lot of issues from just an hour of testing, which means something to me as a Streets of Rage fan.

- His throw can be blocked while in the middle of his throw animation after a successful kick button grab.
- What's with the extremely bloated guts stat? Anytime he gets hit by a combo that goes above two, his defenses bloat up to an extreme degree and it kicks in even at full health.
- The 1-Up item comes up more frequently than it should ever have any right to. I can get some ridiculous comebacks with it considering what boons Axel gains from it. Maybe tone down the probability of getting it by a lot, maybe somewhere around 1/1000 chance? Similarly, all healing items could use a probability nerf as well.
- No damage scaling of any sort, which is jarring when factoring his own guts stat and attack bonuses from items that make 600+ damage combos a trivial achievement.
- His AI seems very glitchy to the point of being flat-out broken. Biggest offenders are canceling specials into other specials even on whiff and breaking out of hitstun.
- Can't cancel normals into specials nor specials into supers, limiting his ability to chain and link immensely (and yet I get those ridiculously damaging simple combos, which kinda says a lot about his damage output).
- Speaking of supers, Grand Hook has no superpause that makes it extremely difficult to react against, compounded by the fact that it's unblockable at point-blank range.
- Grand Upper and a number of normals are also unblockable.
- His jump height is criminally low, I can't even jump over KFM with him no matter what.
- C normal whiffs at point-blank range.
- j.Z can cancel into itself repeatedly before the hitbox can even come out.
- His normals have very disproportionate damage. His light punch does 23 damage, yet his heavy kick does a mere 25 damage.
- x button version of Grand Hook whiffs its follow-up hits after the first and third hits connect.
- Frame data is all over the place too.
Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:23:18 am by Nep Heart
#3  April 27, 2019, 02:48:33 pm
    • Singapore
    • xdxdav@yahoo.com
Not to be the "mean" guy, but this Axel is plagued with a lot of issues from just an hour of testing, which means something to me as a Streets of Rage fan.

- His throw can be blocked while in the middle of his throw animation after a successful kick button grab.
- What's with the extremely bloated guts stat? Anytime he gets hit by a combo that goes above two, his defenses bloat up to an extreme degree and it kicks in even at full health.
- The 1-Up item comes up more frequently than it should ever have any right to. I can get some ridiculous comebacks with it considering what boons Axel gains from it. Maybe tone down the probability of getting it by a lot, maybe somewhere around 1/1000 chance? Similarly, all healing items could use a probability nerf as well.
- No damage scaling of any sort, which is jarring when factoring his own guts stat and attack bonuses from items that make 600+ damage combos a trivial achievement.
- His AI seems very glitchy to the point of being flat-out broken. Biggest offenders are canceling specials into other specials even on whiff and breaking out of hitstun.
- Can't cancel normals into specials nor specials into supers, limiting his ability to chain and link immensely (and yet I get those ridiculously damaging simple combos, which kinda says a lot about his damage output).
- Speaking of supers, Grand Hook has no superpause that makes it extremely difficult to react against, compounded by the fact that it's unblockable at point-blank range.
- Grand Upper and a number of normals are also unblockable.
- His jump height is criminally low, I can't even jump over KFM with him no matter what.
- C normal whiffs at point-blank range.
- j.Z can cancel into itself repeatedly before the hitbox can even come out.
- His normals have very disproportionate damage. His light punch does 23 damage, yet his heavy kick does a mere 25 damage.
- x button version of Grand Hook whiffs its follow-up hits after the first and third hits connect.
- Frame data is all over the place too.

can u elaborate what u meant by "extremely bloated guts stat"

Thanks for all that, this is exactly the kinda feedback i'm looking for.
i'll look into them and do appropriate adjustments.

Thanks!
#4  April 28, 2019, 06:11:58 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
can u elaborate what u meant by "extremely bloated guts stat"

Test a combo on Axel, any combo that goes above two hits. Note that his defense increases ridiculously high that all subsequent hits  do obscenely low damage on him?
#5  April 28, 2019, 12:37:14 pm
    • Singapore
    • xdxdav@yahoo.com