YesNoOk

Adding BGM onto Mugen Characters (Read 9562 times)

Started by XthHanZoXth, July 29, 2012, 03:18:22 am
Share this topic:
Adding BGM onto Mugen Characters
#1  July 29, 2012, 03:18:22 am
    • USA
    • heinsdeath@yahoo.com
    • www.youtube.com/user/XthHaseoXth
Heya ppl! So i have a question (Obviously...) I heard you were able to add certain specific BGM ONTO the Mugen Characters themselves and not the stages. Should that happen the bgm of the character will have first priority and will play that instead of the stage music. Was wondering if this was true, and if so would someone be able to shed light and help me out on how to do it?

i couldn't find any vids on Youtube so i thought i'd go to the next best place for info. :P

If this helps i also use Mugen 1.0
Re: Adding BGM onto Mugen Characters
#2  July 29, 2012, 06:03:17 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
It can be done in both winMUGEN and MUGEN 1.0. There should be some code in the code library that lets you do it, otherwise you can dissect characters that do have it. IIRC, Yukari by fhqwhgads7 and Cyber Naraku by Ricepigeon both have this code implemented.
#3  July 29, 2012, 07:49:38 am
  • Be good to your friends and family
    • www.angelfire.com/games5/colinkok/index.html
Heya ppl! So i have a question (Obviously...) I heard you were able to add certain specific BGM ONTO the Mugen Characters themselves and not the stages. Should that happen the bgm of the character will have first priority and will play that instead of the stage music. Was wondering if this was true, and if so would someone be able to shed light and help me out on how to do it?

i couldn't find any vids on Youtube so i thought i'd go to the next best place for info. :P

If this helps i also use Mugen 1.0

Hello XthHanZoXth,

Welcome to the discussion board! :)

I hope this post can shed some light to your search for answers:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=6557.0
(Playing the correct characters music when CPU challenges you)

Please let us know if you need any further info.

:)
#4  July 29, 2012, 06:08:43 pm
    • USA
    • heinsdeath@yahoo.com

Hello XthHanZoXth,

Welcome to the discussion board! :)

I hope this post can shed some light to your search for answers:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=6557.0
(Playing the correct characters music when CPU challenges you)

Please let us know if you need any further info.

Thank you very much Squall ;D sadly i am slow with the paths but i did read your Tips & Tricks. Question, Did you want me to go into the Select.def file, OR add something into the data folder? i know it seems like a simple tast but i have a habit of overthinking things...sorry to give you a hard time :I

Hmm Rice any idea on where i can find either one of those characters? maybe it might give me a clue and such on how to actually get this problem done and over with lol. maybe seeing a character who has their own mp3 inplanted into them will help tenfold :o
#5  July 30, 2012, 06:09:18 pm
Hello XthHanZoXth,

Regarding your previous query, as stated in the tutorial:

Under Select.def
look for the line where you inserted your char.

Instead of just adding your char name, use the format that is mentioned in Tips and Trick, which is:

[Character name], [stage], [order], [character's bg music]

Example:

Kyo, stages/japan.def, order=2, music=sound/esaka.mp3

The parameter stages/japan.def tells mugen that the stages file is inside your stages folder with the filename japan.def
The order=2 tells mugen to put Kyo as the 2nd opponent in the entire game. (case by case basis)
The parameter music=sound/esaka.mp3 tells mugen that your music file that is assigned for Kyo (for example) is located within the sound folder in your Mugen folder.

Hope this helps.

Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:14:09 pm by squallcolin
#6  July 30, 2012, 07:15:17 pm
    • USA
    • heinsdeath@yahoo.com
CRYSTAL CLEAR....xD thank you so much Squall haha sorry you had to dumb it down for me :I not reallly used to Mugen and such yet...guess i'm going to have to learn more if i wanna reach my goal in designing Custom pallets and such...

Nonetheless  thanks again man, you saved me :P

~Edited~

I now understand what you mean however whenever i try that method when i press start during the title screen i get the error message :I
Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:36:46 pm by XthHanZoXth
#7  August 04, 2012, 07:16:54 pm
An error message?

Alright, can you please post a screenshot of your error message?

I'll see what I can work out for this issue.