YesNoOk

assert failure n charsel line (Read 8127 times)

Started by aguywhoSTUFF, September 27, 2007, 02:59:16 am
Share this topic:
assert failure n charsel line
#1  September 27, 2007, 02:59:16 am
  • uhhh, what happened to my avatar??
Whenever i play arcade mode, right before mugen shows who i fight next, mugen closes and it says on the screen"assert failure in charsel line *some number*, and it's really pissing me off. Any1 know how to solve this?

sig by TempesT

Animugen

Re: assert failure n charsel line
#2  September 27, 2007, 03:52:15 am
I had the same problem.It may be Memory Issues.You might want to do some remodifications in the mugen CFG.
#3  September 27, 2007, 04:04:59 am
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
It has something to do more with the character's coding...
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.

Animugen

#4  September 27, 2007, 04:08:28 am
Oh Yeah that too.Because I remember when I had Raiden sometimes that error would pop up.When I removed him it stopped showing up.
#5  September 27, 2007, 06:18:47 pm
So pretty much, one of my characters suck, and i gotta take em out. Is there any quick way to do this, or do i gotta take every character 1 by 1 to see if it works?

sig by TempesT

Animugen

#6  September 27, 2007, 07:47:41 pm
I hate to break to ya but you have to.Check every character you have test them out.Your going to find the problem sooner or later.Once you've found it you either fix the char(If you know how I don't)Or find a replacement Char.
#7  September 28, 2007, 01:33:08 am
I hate to break to ya but you have to.Check every character you have test them out.Your going to find the problem sooner or later.Once you've found it you either fix the char(If you know how I don't)Or find a replacement Char.

O CRAP, I'VE GOT 250 FREAKIN' CHARACTERS!! *bangs head on desk* actually, i know the character's an order 1 character, and i know some characters that actually DO work, so it shouldn't be that bad.

also, how the *beep* do i fix the character?

sig by TempesT
#8  September 28, 2007, 01:44:48 am

#9  September 28, 2007, 04:27:26 am

sig by TempesT

Animugen

#10  September 28, 2007, 04:29:26 am
Dude your not banned.I was in there earlier and when I tried to get in again the webpage won't show up.The website must be under Construction.AGAIN!!
Your going to have to wait Buddy.
#11  September 29, 2007, 03:41:10 am
Dude your not banned.I was in there earlier and when I tried to get in again the webpage won't show up.The website must be under Construction.AGAIN!!

i don't think that's it, cause this has been happening for an EXTREMELY long time.

sig by TempesT
#12  September 29, 2007, 03:46:20 am
Mugen crashes and error message of:

Assert failure in charsel.c line 3162

Causes: When you have your mugen.cfg, under [Arcade], AI.RandomColor = 0
And when character's .def [Info] pal.defaults are not set correctly. Another words, in the character's .def there must be a defined pal.defaults = valid_pal_number

Solution: One of the following options
1. Go through your char's .def, and ensure that there is a line under [Info] >> pal.defaults = 1
the "1" means to use pal1 as the highest priority default. But to fix this error message you need at least one default pal
2. Change the mugen.cfg, under [Arcade], AI.RandomColor = 1
This will make the computer select a random valid color from the pal(x) pool of pals in the .def

Courtesy of Aztec Soldier of Mugen Infantry: http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/index.php?topic=45831.msg445144#msg445144

#13  September 29, 2007, 05:14:26 am

And when character's .def [Info] pal.defaults are not set correctly. Another words, in the character's .def there must be a defined pal.defaults = valid_pal_number

1. Go through your char's .def, and ensure that there is a line under [Info] >> pal.defaults = 1
the "1" means to use pal1 as the highest priority default. But to fix this error message you need at least one default pal
This will make the computer select a random valid color from the pal(x) pool of pals in the .def

Courtesy of Aztec Soldier of Mugen Infantry: http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/index.php?topic=45831.msg445144#msg445144

i'll go with the random colour thing. that's way quicker

sig by TempesT
#14  September 29, 2007, 05:04:51 pm

i thought it might be because i'm not a member, so i tries signing up, but when i clicked on register, it said "sorry guest, you are banned from using this forum"

sig by TempesT

Animugen

#15  September 29, 2007, 05:11:37 pm

i thought it might be because i'm not a member, so i tries signing up, but when i clicked on register, it said "sorry guest, you are banned from using this forum"

WTF?That was first time too right?
#16  September 29, 2007, 05:30:21 pm
  • my avatar is there, look harder.
weird
just try removing some of the most recent chars u put in b4 it was messing up. cuz that's what happened when i downloaded mukai, so i just took him out.
I need a revolution.
#17  October 01, 2007, 06:38:35 pm

WTF?That was first time too right?

first time. I've never, EVER seen how the mugen-infantry forum looks like

sig by TempesT

Animugen

#18  October 02, 2007, 08:56:54 pm
That's screwed up man.
#19  October 07, 2010, 02:33:41 am

Dude thanks,
                This is the best answer on this problem I've found. My only question is if the default color has to be 1?

Would this work?        ......Thanks again.

[Info]
name ="Juano`s Kit girl"
displayname ="Jade"
versiondate =22,00,2009
mugenversion =14,04,2002
author ="Juano16"
pal.defaults =3 (Does it have to be 1?)
Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:37:40 am by Ace Thunder
#20  October 07, 2010, 08:06:42 pm
    • Chile
No. You can use any number while it matches qith the number of palettes. For example, for a character with 6 palettes, you may use

Pal.Defaults = 4,3,6,5,2,1