YesNoOk

Uncharted 2 Among thieves (Read 1253 times)

Started by xvynx, October 16, 2009, 07:44:00 pm
Share this topic:

vyn

Uncharted 2 Among thieves
#1  October 16, 2009, 07:44:00 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com

Brief description from gamefaqs,

In 1292, after spending nearly 20 years in the court of emperor Kublai Khan, Marco Polo departed China with 14 ships filled with over 600 passengers and crew. Eighteen months later, when Marco Polo arrived at his destination, only one ship remained and only 18 passengers survived. Although Marco Polo described every aspect of his adventures in detail, he never revealed what happened to these lost ships, passengers or treasure on board - even on his deathbed. Drawn in by the potential riches to be found - but most inspired by the intrigue of the historical mystery - Drake embarks on a quest to find the lost fleet. He soon realizes that Marco Polo was hiding a much bigger secret - he had gone on a secret expedition on behalf of the emperor to find the mythical kingdom of Shambhala (otherwise known as Shangri-La) and to recover the legendary Cintamani Stone, the "wish-fulfilling jewel" of Buddhist mythology. The Stone is described by Marco Polo as a massive raw sapphire - if it truly exists, it would be worth billions of dollars today. This discovery sets Drake on a new course following Marco Polo's 700-year-old trail through a diverse range of exotic environments to find out if the lost city of Shambhala, rumored to lie deep in the Himalayas, really exists. This quest also pits him against a new, more formidable adversary who is after the same artifact - a ruthless, rogue paramilitary leader with a private army and a relentless ambition to recover the stone for himself.

Have had this game for almost a week and so far despite the great reviews it has i find it dull...

I havent fnished the story mode yet but ive played the game enough to have a strong opinon by now: music is good just not epic, graphics are some of the best ive ever seen, controls are a bit slow, reminds me of resident evil 5 just not as limited, story is well weak, i preffer epic-save the world stories instead of indiana jones stories but tahst just me  guess,

Now the online which seems to be the strong point here, i cant see what makes it so different really, we get the usual leveling up system, the money to buy upgrades, small levels for quick fights, a small selection of weapons, a better than average grenade system, etc etc, great just nothing new really

Finally a co-op mode which was very appealing as concept but once you play it its just shoot whatever moves, i was expecting a more fun and better planned mode than just a shootout with a couple of allies

In favour of the multiplayer its one of the less lagged ive ever played so great on that,

Conclusion: nothing new for me, a must have for shooters fans and peeps who liked the first, lame for people expecting breaktroughs, amazing for graphic lovers
Re: Uncharted 2 Among thieves
#2  October 16, 2009, 08:52:41 pm
  • X is for Xtreme
    • Netherlands
    • Geocities.jp
I liked the first game, I'll buy part 2 when I have the money, I just know it wont dissapoint me :P
where there is a will,there is a way。
Sounds like you're just jealous that Duke Nukem has a bigger dick and gets ALL the bitches.
#3  October 17, 2009, 07:37:24 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
Looked boring, but that's just me.
#4  October 17, 2009, 08:30:59 pm
Looks very interesting to me, i would buy it if I had a ps3. The multiplayer looks amazing  ;D

No Borders, No Nations
#5  October 18, 2009, 07:16:22 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
It's more like a movie game if it's anything like the first.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#6  October 18, 2009, 08:25:11 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
y do people keep saying that.. thats not at all true

i just started today, 8 hours 30 something minutes into it on hard mode.
the game is real fun, but the storyline gets derailed towards the end just like part 1

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  October 18, 2009, 08:26:45 am
  • Never give up
#8  October 18, 2009, 12:55:01 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
Looked boring, but that's just me.
Are you mad!
The first game was awesome, like a more action packed tomb raider. The puzzles were fun, climbing was fun and shooting hordes of angered men just made my day. If I could just steal my friends ps3 then that classic would be mine.

Why the hell would the 2nd suck.... It looked like it had a solid story like the 1st one. Well, I just don't believe u Vyn, lol.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:58:58 pm by RiverNiall
#9  October 18, 2009, 03:48:43 pm
  • In after lock

#10  October 18, 2009, 04:14:55 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#11  October 19, 2009, 04:03:19 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
beat the game earlier today and was really dissapointed at the final boss battle :nono:
was way to easy even on crushing mode(yea i went back and beat the last chapter on crushing)

other than that and
the game was great.

Tenzin is the best partner ever  :sugoi:
#12  October 19, 2009, 12:03:20 pm
  • In after lock
The entire boss battle in the first game is scripted and doesn't scale much with difficulty.

#13  October 19, 2009, 08:11:27 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
both boss battles were easy  :-\
#14  October 19, 2009, 10:02:00 pm
  • In after lock
Lame.  Who really decides to make a video game and have no super boss battle?  >:(

vyn

#15  October 20, 2009, 01:37:59 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
beat the game earlier today and was really dissapointed at the final boss battle :nono:
was way to easy even on crushing mode(yea i went back and beat the last chapter on crushing)

other than that and
the game was great.

Tenzin is the best partner ever  :sugoi:

nah those are easy just kill one and use his weapon against the rest
#16  October 21, 2009, 07:23:25 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
lol you know how hard it is to kill one of those things? with a fucking ak 47? most of the time i was shooting from the hip those dam things kept following me.
combination of grenade+shooting from the hip finally killed one of them and i got to use there godly weapon.

vyn

#17  October 21, 2009, 08:53:49 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
well i went trough the game too and yes just run and gun, whats the problem? then pick the other guys gun and thats it

#18  October 21, 2009, 11:00:01 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
well for hard and crushing mode i found it extremely difficult(im still playing through crushing mode, not done yet)
infact, i never killed one till it was necessary for the story to progress i thought they were immortal or something.
Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:05:50 pm by Luis Alejandro
#19  October 22, 2009, 01:50:33 am
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands

vyn

#20  October 22, 2009, 02:21:13 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
yay that makes two of us haha as i found it kinda boring too

dont crucify us, i usually dont like shooters, love rpgs and hack n slash games, bought it expecting a new knd of shooter but i was wrong

still, quality is something i think is amazing (like graphics, planning, sound and such), the gameplay just didnt ad anything new and the story is meh.. not a big deal, predictable twists and not epic enough (again i like rpgs so i preffer very over the top stories), few characters and only two of them have an actual personality, drake is funny and his little hoe too (the brunette one), fat drake owns