YesNoOk

Divine WIPs (Read 755875 times)

Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:
Re: Divine WIPs
#1581  July 04, 2016, 02:42:15 am
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
since you're basing your Hiryu more on his sword attacks versus his gadgets [tha main reason why i dig usin' Ahuron's Hiryu, you might wanna look at some of his specials as a reference], i think a good idea would be to give Hiryu a counter, usin' elements of his Savage Slash &/or boost ability from Strider 2 as its attack:

https://youtu.be/P_fNwHLZ5h4?t=1m42s

havin' tha hits/properties differ for an EX version, of course. it'd be a nice unique addition imo, as i'm sure no1's ever done that for Hiryu before iirc.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1582  July 05, 2016, 08:09:33 am
    • Brazil
we are very fortunate to have you in Mugen, all your creations are very well made
I loved the choice of characters, always nice to see more characters of capcom (CVS) that are not street fighter
good luck with the projects, definitely looking forward to this chars  :)

DW

#1583  July 05, 2016, 05:27:00 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Hey DW could you (well just an ideal) have the combo chaining optional, like how Infinite chars are.

More than likely not. I'm sorry.

i like, but i confess i wanted to see a new face in divinewolf style.

*whispers* Tell me more about these new faces...

like tessa

*nods* Mm-Hm...

kenji

*nods* Uh-huh...

POISON

:pwn:
I've failed...

Oh huh. That's a surprise about Bathory. Well, think she's in good hands there then at least~ Interesting to hear that you took on the coding for her though~

You didn't know that? I suppose it kinda went under the radar, due to Sky not being around here anymore. Anyway, thanks for the support.

since you're basing your Hiryu more on his sword attacks versus his gadgets [tha main reason why i dig usin' Ahuron's Hiryu, you might wanna look at some of his specials as a reference], i think a good idea would be to give Hiryu a counter, usin' elements of his Savage Slash &/or boost ability from Strider 2 as its attack:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/P_fNwHLZ5h4?t=1m42s[/youtube]

havin' tha hits/properties differ for an EX version, of course. it'd be a nice unique addition imo, as i'm sure no1's ever done that for Hiryu before iirc.

What...? Oh, this must have been implied with Project 13's post, which I totally didn't get all of the context on the initial read... Let me clear that up. I'm more so looking for a extra super or 2, rather than specials for Hiryu. He will retain everything from his MvC appearances. I will NOT be removing his robo minions, that's what makes him awesome imo. It's just his super loadout is a bit low and for the ones he has, they're a bit OP to be lv 1 supers in this playstyle. Hell, they even increased the gauge usage of Ouroboros and Ragnarok in UMVC3 for good reason. I myself planned to make Ouro Lv2 exclusive, along with Legion. Ragnarok will of course be his lv3. So I need one or two lv 1 supers. I'll look this over though, thanks.

PS

I haven't done anything because of the holiday weekend.... Though I'm back at it now.

#Everyone Else
Thanks for the support.
Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:25:46 am by DW
#1584  July 05, 2016, 05:51:32 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
It should be a lv 3 instead of 2 imo. For his ouro.

You might be able to make a super version of his dive or make a super out of his mvc2 chain combo? But with a special ending it? That's what I was going to do with mine anyway

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#1585  July 05, 2016, 06:10:06 pm
    • USA
Agreed. I level 3'd it to somewhat make it fair. None can really contest with it otherwise.For lvl 1 I went the Ranbu route. That unique aerial attack from strider 2 could also be put into use..

https://youtu.be/OSwx1Qg_Vgk

DW

#1586  July 06, 2016, 01:24:27 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
IDK... While Ouro is a powerful super, in this setting, I don't think it warrants 3 gauges. I had also planned to nerf it a bit, in terms of how long it lasts, compared to the MvC series. 3/4's of the time is my initial thought, however if that's still too long, I'll cut it down to 1/2. Shinobi and Strider together?! My 12 year old self just fainted. Forgot the girl's name, though I know her as Taki's replacement...

Project X Zone...? Cool game. I don't think I'll give him a ranbu, though perhaps an auto combo kinda deal. I had already planned to give him the energy boost sword projectiles as a super. Which one is the unique air attack? The one where he kinda flips in place, slashing all around him as he does? If so, it'd require some edits... I won't rule it out, but the odds are kinda low unfortunately. Thanks for the input/suggestions.
#1587  July 06, 2016, 01:45:28 am
Taki replacement = Natsu is Taki's student
#1588  July 06, 2016, 02:06:41 am
    • USA
You could always justify making it a lvl 3 by adding in the dash cancel(during), but whatever you have in mind works. Also that's what I meant, an auto combo. It an easy fit for a slice and dice character like him. Yup, that aerial attack is straight outta strider 2, the one he continuously uses in the video. The power up is honestly a must have. Never have I seen it done and honestly would be cool as hell to see.

How hard would it be to replicate the new Ragnarok though?
At the end of this trailer as well as the video above. Basically more slice & dice less dive kick ending. Idk it just makes the move look 1000x cooler imo, but its not necessary.
#1589  July 06, 2016, 02:09:58 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, I don't think Strider really has enough sprites to justify a non-samey looking Ranbu super, unfortunately. Maybe one of those samurai styled dash-through-you-wait-and-hurt-you things as a super could work. [I don't know the actual name of those things, sue me lol]

Edit: Unless you make it like Sakura's added super in Omega USF4 and make it a mix of aerial and ground attacks.
Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:17:29 am by Project.13
#1590  July 06, 2016, 02:27:10 am
    • USA
An auto combo, well you can make it however you want, wasn't really being specific on any groundwork. Everyone kinda had the same idea of him launching the opponent. I can understand only wanting one super(Ragnarok) with the run in start up.
#1591  July 07, 2016, 03:05:03 am
#1592  July 07, 2016, 03:08:04 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Aye, only reason I know the project even lives is because I sometimes check over on IMT, and I didn't even hear of you working on it over there at all either (that place seems pretty dead nowadays too from the looks of things...).

DW

#1593  July 08, 2016, 09:03:36 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You could always justify making it a lvl 3 by adding in the dash cancel(during), but whatever you have in mind works. Also that's what I meant, an auto combo. It an easy fit for a slice and dice character like him. Yup, that aerial attack is straight outta strider 2, the one he continuously uses in the video. The power up is honestly a must have. Never have I seen it done and honestly would be cool as hell to see.

I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can seduce someone into whipping up an edit.

At the end of this trailer as well as the video above. Basically more slice & dice less dive kick ending. Idk it just makes the move look 1000x cooler imo, but its not necessary.

Not hard. Just a matter of using different anims for it. Truthfully, I plan to use Ahuron's take on the move to save me time. He implemented it very well on his Hiryu.

Side Note;

My interpretation of a ranbu and auto-combo is more...technical...? I consider a ranbu attack to be like what Ryo, Kim, Robert, etc. do. Dash or run in at the foe, if it connects, they proceed to go crazy. However an auto-combo proceeds whether the initial attack hits or not. Just clarification on how I differ the two.

in a very epic way xD

:gonk:

Aye, only reason I know the project even lives is because I sometimes check over on IMT, and I didn't even hear of you working on it over there at all either (that place seems pretty dead nowadays too from the looks of things...).

I told Sky about that... I get emails from time to time when he pms me there. Though I rarely ever go there of my own accord. He had been out for several months however. We kinda just got back to it. I advised that he let people know here as well.
#1594  July 09, 2016, 01:06:56 am
  • Was it something I said?
Got any color templates for Strider? I have a few ideas for him. But if not, take your time.
#1595  July 16, 2016, 03:27:49 am
I'm so hype for Strider, I'm pretty sure you will make him work in a CVS environment like the rest of your cast, I can't wait.
#1596  July 21, 2016, 05:25:30 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke

Truthfully, I plan to use Ahuron's take on the move to save me time. He implemented it very well on his Hiryu.

just make sure that last strike counts as 4 hits instead of 3;  an error was made there:
Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:32:53 pm by Kut Kreator
#1597  July 21, 2016, 05:50:28 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Ahuron's Ragnarok is obviously based off of the UMvC3 incarnation of the move, so it should have three Hiryu's instead of four anyway.

DW

#1598  July 28, 2016, 06:30:23 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Got any color templates for Strider? I have a few ideas for him. But if not, take your time.

No, not currently. The SFF I'm using...I'm 80% sure it has a CS applied to it, though only like 30% certain it's Girard's CS. I'll contact him some time in the future and confirm. Once I have, I'll let you know.

I'm so hype for Strider, I'm pretty sure you will make him work in a CVS environment like the rest of your cast, I can't wait.

Thanks for the support.

just make sure that last strike counts as 4 hits instead of 3;  an error was made there:

Ahuron's Ragnarok is obviously based off of the UMvC3 incarnation of the move, so it should have three Hiryu's instead of four anyway.

^This.

Not gonna lie, I've been suffering from a SEVERE lack of motivation involving MUGEN. Though watching the trailers from KoF XIV has been peaking my interests back somewhat. Gonna put Zero on hold. Bathory is on hold as well until Sky finishes up the sprites needed for her. That just leaves Strider. Just got back to finishing up his SFF today. Got a few things to ask:

-I saw somewhere that someone had made a female sprite of Strider. Figure I can use that as an MB for him. If you know what I'm talking about, could someone help me find it please?

-Does anyone know where I can find rips of the Strider 2 PSX game?
#1599  July 28, 2016, 06:42:29 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

this one?
#1600  July 28, 2016, 06:43:04 pm
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/