YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18181033 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#1701  January 23, 2018, 02:48:14 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I don't think there's any possible way they can weasel out an explanation for Batman winning whilst unprepared.  Now, if they're doing the best either of them ever were, regardless of the circumstances that would prevent such an occasion from occurring, then maybe that Hellbat suit would kill Black Panther, even if it doesn't outright damage whichever suit upgrade BP gets in his comics that's beyond indestructible but hurt him inside it.

But really, what is Bruce gonna do by himself?  Snap his neck?  Won't turn that far with the suit.  Internal bleeding?  Can't hit that hard.  Shove a batarang into the eye socket?  This match is too much like Ace and Natsu, where you don't even need to go further than a surface level knowledge of the two to see who wins the majority of the times.

Which would be the perfect opportunity for an upset and bonus views, but I don't think they're going against the flow what with BP's movie coming out soon as well.
Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:52:18 am by Long John Killer
#1702  January 24, 2018, 11:14:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Pink Panther promo:

Sad Ben Affleck:

Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:22:09 pm by Person Man
#1703  February 03, 2018, 03:58:10 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Chopper Dave we have uh-oh
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1704  February 03, 2018, 04:11:17 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
urgh... more of that Saitama over rated crap
#1705  February 03, 2018, 04:51:37 pm
i really don't see any similarities between batman and black panther. except for the cape and pointy ears but beyond that there's nothing to compare.
#1706  February 03, 2018, 05:03:12 pm
  • Niigasan
goku def shouldve stomped him in ultra instinct
#1707  February 03, 2018, 05:52:41 pm
I love how the undershirt changes colours when transforming from normal to SSJB. It's like just changing the hair palette isn't even an option.
#1708  February 03, 2018, 10:11:35 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
really wish that some of you kept the  result in spoilers, just remember that this series  is  not a DB , so they don't do research, clearly they wanted to make it clear again

on topic,  a new DBX, not as good as the other video thought
Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:17:48 am by D.R.B
#1709  February 03, 2018, 11:02:09 pm
    • USA
They're free to do whatever they want, including not make a whole lot of sense, but I'm confused; I thought that whole OMM mini-timeline thing they started was specifically because they did a video with Goku and Sonic that escaladed to Saitama winning beforehand.  They took the effort to explain previous episodes in new ones before, why not just throw together some explanation here why Goku's back?

...And then gone again, because do people still find this Saitama gag funny?  I dunno, he just falls under the Deadpool classification of grossly over exaggerated and kinda self-indulging at undermining other properties to me.  Or at least the fans put him upon a pedestal to do so, anyways.  I also suspect the guy behind OMM doesn't actually follow Dragon Ball, rather just takes note of what's popular and go off that.  Because he keeps going back to making Z2's Goku try to resemble the Whis gi from the Ressurection F movie/arc and U6 tourney, where the Blue form and Blue Kaioken were in the news, even though there's literally no need to do so.  Same for Ultra Instinct and changing it to blue to match the undershirt he's currently left with in Super.

Or maybe I'm just pessimistic.
#1710  February 03, 2018, 11:09:31 pm
    • USA
People find the gag extremely funny as they understand it's a gag, the problem is powerlevel enthusiasts and the otaku community has a metric ton.

Imagine if someone was adamant that Popeye and Bugs Bunny could be defeated by Goku!
This time
This time
#1711  February 03, 2018, 11:22:34 pm
    • USA
But...knowing it's supposed to be funny does not make it funny.  I'm pretty sure we all know it's "supposed" to be funny.  It's just the same punchline on repeat ad nauseam.  Saitama fighting someone?  Saitama wins.  Why?  Just cuz.  Shock and awe.  Roll credits.

Popeye and Bugs Bunny at least are supposed to always be painted as the underdog who still manage to win in unexpected and comical fashion.  If Saitama was an underdog, he hasn't been since he first made his mark beating one of those big monsters from his series.  He just sucks as the technical stuff to qualify as a hero, as it's some sort of pass like he's out of The Incredibles or something.
#1712  February 03, 2018, 11:33:46 pm
    • USA
Do you know what the punch line is to The Aristocrats? The Aristocrats. Knowing the end of a joke doesn't make the joke unfunny, sometimes the joke is in the telling. The appeal of OPM is in the telling of the fight, not the resolution.
This time
This time
#1713  February 03, 2018, 11:45:09 pm
    • USA
Sure.  But when that resolution is always going to be the same thing, the variety of paths to get to there are going to be really shortened.  You can pretty much always guess that with him present, he's going to look bored, out of place, not do a whole lot but not get damaged, then suddenly art shift into "serious" mode and end it quickly, regardless of the circumstances.

It's just not fun.  Whatever appeal to this gag there was when the character was first introduced has long since died out.  At least for me, but I never took to the character or series to begin with, so I guess I'm not just the market for this anyways.
#1714  February 04, 2018, 12:27:23 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
They're free to do whatever they want, including not make a whole lot of sense, but I'm confused; I thought that whole OMM mini-timeline thing they started was specifically because they did a video with Goku and Sonic that escaladed to Saitama winning beforehand.  They took the effort to explain previous episodes in new ones before, why not just throw together some explanation here why Goku's back?
yaa , even I was wondering about it, guess they decided to revive him offscreen and were too lazy to do a video regarding that

People find the gag extremely funny as they understand it's a gag, the problem is powerlevel enthusiasts and the otaku community has a metric ton.

honestly, I feel that this whole gag thing about Saitama is more like an excuse made by the author so he can make his own character as powerful as he pleases  without anyone batting an eye, I never found the joke about him being OP funny before and still don't, granted I enjoyed OPM for what it is but not cuz of this repeated joke.
#1715  February 07, 2018, 07:44:48 pm
  • Moving your life with greener pastures.
    • daedalus96@gmail.com
Not sure who i'd root for, but here goes.
#1716  February 07, 2018, 08:38:40 pm
  • Niigasan
comment, but has the result
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1717  February 07, 2018, 10:05:03 pm
    • Germany
The editing error with the Batmobile was just Bad.
#1718  February 07, 2018, 11:44:16 pm
    • USA
Well...no surprises were to be had, beyond I would have figured this would be 3D to kick off the new season, while conversely it was rather long for a 2D fight, which was nice.

Spoiler: This match (click to see content)

Spoiler: Next match (click to see content)
Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:53:22 pm by Long John Killer
#1719  February 08, 2018, 12:26:11 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Spoiler: This fight (click to see content)

Spoiler: Next fight (click to see content)

Also:  Does anyone actually care about putting the next fight in spoiler tags?  Everyone always does it, but it doesn't seem like anyone really gives a shit in the discussion.
#1720  February 08, 2018, 12:46:02 am
    • USA
I've just been doing it out of courtesy for at least 24 hours once the new episode is posted, just not to ruin it for those coming in late. (Like I tend to do, don't get to view the episode until some hours later typically)  But I have no complaints about dropping it if it's a bother.

Spoiler: Next match (click to see content)
The Powerpuff Girls vs the Crystal Gems would be a fight I'd be pretty interested in seeing.

Oh, I've thought about the PPG and the Crystal Gems a few times before.  On paper, it seems astronomically in the PPG's favor.  Flight at least fast enough to go from the asteroid belt to Earth in seconds alone typically rules it in their favor.  But Steven Universe, as much as I love it, has trouble with consistency.  We've still no idea how Lapis flew from Earth to Homeworld in another galaxy in a matter of a week without any technological help.  Implying she's much faster than light if she did it on her own.  Yet then we also know, as they are all composed of light, that their bodies can not process moving faster than light, as made quite apparent visiting The Zoo.  And on top of that, in a Q&A I recall one of the people working on the show, I don't think Sugar though, made a note how in a past battle Garnet went through the Sun without being damaged, in response to how she's unharmed by magma.  But that's not something from, like, a guidebook or something more official, it was an impromptu online Q&A.  And they seem superhuman fast, strong and durable, but not THAT much in the show.

If we're considering FusionFall into the mix, then the Crystal Gems win on account of their infinite stamina, Garnet's durability and via FusionFall the PPG can be drowned as was the case with Buttercup, presuming we're including Peridot and Lapis as Crystal Gems.  Plus the PPG are inconsistent as well given the episodic nature of their show.  One episode they can take being hit by a kaiju, then next they lose a fist-fight to a couple of jail convicts.
Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:51:36 am by Long John Killer