YesNoOk

Final Fantasy MegaThread (Read 412831 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, December 20, 2012, 07:06:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fantasy MegaThread
#621  February 22, 2017, 11:31:08 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I just bought XV yesterday.  Been waiting for it to drop to half off or less, which it did.  Dealt with getting each XIII title at launch, and while I enjoyed them my wallet left enough of a complaint that I decided to hold off for a bit on this one.  Got the two demos for it though and it doesn't look like it'll disappoint.  Just curious why they stole the Batmobile, is all.

Done a good job avoiding any spoilers on it, got the movie prerequisite before playing waiting as an aside to watch before I start the game.  However, I just finished World of Final Fantasy, then started VII's PSN release with the updates because it's VII, why not?  I also got X and X-2's remastered collection, as well as I picked up that Digimon Cyber Sleuth game that's gone full admittance of being a Pokémon clone but decided to throw some Persona in there just for the hell of it.  I don't want to run into RPG burn out, so I've been putting XV off even further for now.

I might just skip VII until the Remake's release gets closer though, it's not like I haven't played that one before.  Though if the rumors of XIII getting a bundle with whatever updates and fixes that would come with it turn out to be true, I admit I will be strongly tempted to get it as well.  I was going to add IX to the list to boot, saw it was on sale for the PS3, but gotta have some sort of limit here.
Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:31:48 am by Long John Killer
#622  February 23, 2017, 08:52:53 am
I pretty much stopped after I heard about the patch, because I think I'm at the point in the story where that would be relevant to me

Hasn't been easy avoiding spoilers

This. I'm holding off until the patch.

I believe it hits in March.
#623  February 24, 2017, 01:48:13 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#624  February 24, 2017, 05:34:02 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Meh. It's a mobile game and looks boring to me.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#625  February 27, 2017, 07:40:54 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
#626  February 27, 2017, 10:51:00 pm
    • Peru
I like the final look for Noctis. That outfit looks weird.
#627  March 03, 2017, 09:13:29 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa

Oh snap... alternate realities are a thing... does that mean the wedding actually does happen?
#628  March 11, 2017, 05:38:38 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
#629  March 12, 2017, 09:12:38 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

This looks pretty fucking awesome, it's too bad the game itself doesn't reflect that he went through a trial like this. I assume you get gear that you can give to him in the main game, but that just makes me more antsy about progressing until all the DLC is out because I've heard
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#630  March 13, 2017, 07:28:55 pm
    • Peru
Spoiler: About Ignis chapter (click to see content)
Final Fantasy XV Pc version announced
#631  August 21, 2017, 02:37:15 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Well well well
Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:01:54 pm by Juri
#632  August 21, 2017, 04:43:30 pm
Private video.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#633  August 21, 2017, 06:28:02 pm
#634  August 25, 2017, 12:42:30 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Final Fantasy XV X Assassin's Creed
#635  August 25, 2017, 01:57:53 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So, Altair's outfit has always been a soft spot for me, since I started with the first game when it came out and I really enjoyed his story and the overlapping story into Ezio's following Altair's code and his tomb and yadda yadda, I like this being a thing in XV.

But this is at least twice now to my knowledge Assassin's Creed has crossed over with Final Fantasy, before being XIII-2.  What's the deal?  Was weird enough then, but others were getting in on the crossover train like Mass Effect and J-Pop stars, XIII-2 just wanted to be weird.  Not that XV is quite dead, per say, but it's a bit late to be looking for significant advertisement in it for the new Assassin's Creed game.  Was this a long planned thing and I'm just out of the loop?
#636  August 25, 2017, 02:56:39 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Apparently is was planned long ago, there is an AC easter egg in the Omen Trailer that dropped before the game released, also Altairs costume is unlocked from the dream egg you get for finishing the Moogle Carnival.
#637  February 01, 2018, 07:19:05 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
#638  April 12, 2018, 03:28:46 am
    • USA
    • blazeheatnix1@gmail.com
One of these days I'm going to play X-2 all the way through. But damn is it hard to convince myself to.
#639  April 12, 2018, 08:44:15 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
One of these days I'm going to play X-2 all the way through. But damn is it hard to convince myself to.
Not worth it. Just go to Youtube and lookup "Leblanc Massage", it's the only part that was memorable.
There, I just saved you 20 boobless hours.
#640  April 13, 2018, 12:55:32 am
    • USA
    • blazeheatnix1@gmail.com
Not worth it. Just go to Youtube and lookup "Leblanc Massage", it's the only part that was memorable.
There, I just saved you 20 boobless hours.

I mean, I genuinely like some of the gameplay and the battle system is excellent. Hell, I actually enjoy a lot of the writing too. It's just the constant minigames get in the way.