YesNoOk

what game are you playing right now (Read 774408 times)

Started by Shunu, December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: what game are you playing right now
#5081  March 08, 2018, 10:35:02 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Rivals of Aether
Holy fuck, am I bad at this game. I really don't like how jumping is a seperate button and there's no option to map up on a control stick or d-pad jump without sacrificing the actual up command. I can kind of understand the reasoning, since it's hard to approximate tilt controls on a keybad, but coming off of Smash Bros. this feels awkward and janky for me.

That said, game is a blast. Mostly been practicing with Kragg and getting through the story mode. The one time I went online I got absolutely trashed, so I dunno how often I'm gonna go on there :P I don't like how stages are locked off behind coins you have to earn in-game, but I'd rather this than lootboxes any day. Also got the Clairen and Ranno DLC since that's super-cheap.

Then's Fightin' Herds
Holy fuck, am I bad at this game. Been mostly going through the arcade mode - done Arizona and Oleander. I reckon Arizona might be my main, since she feels like the most straightforward fighter to use. I feel like the inputs for Level 2 supers might be a bit fiddly, especially with Oleander - I couldn't pull off her Level 2 no matter how hard I tried. Haven't hit up the online scene yet, I'm scared of what I'll find after the RoA experience.

Also I've been staring at Paladins again - I dropped off after an initial period of casual matches about a year or so ago. Apparently they got rid of the Cards Unbound thing that turned the game into a Battlefront II-esque pay-to-win grindfest and skewed the fuck out of the game's balance. So that's nice. Still haven't actually played a real match since, though.
#5082  March 09, 2018, 01:20:02 am
  • AKA: JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Skyrim (Switch)

Skyrim has gone and hooked me again since I got it on Switch! I'm playing a Khajiit and going with a ranger-like build. Dual-wielding and archery are my main combat skills and I'm working on stealth, smithing, and enchanting on the side. I'm mostly working on guild quests, mainly the Thieves Guild and The Companions.

I haven't gotten the Zelda content yet. Thinking I'm gonna get it without using Amiibo.

Let me know via PM if you add me on 3DS or Steam!
#5083  April 02, 2018, 03:45:55 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/makkah
Assassin's Creed: Origins

Until now, I hadn't gone anywhere near AssCreed since 3 rubbed me pretty severely in the wrong way. After seeing some vids, and hearing that the side quests have a bit more substance, I decided to give it a go (plus a had $30 in Amazon bucks laying around).

I... am rather pleasantly surprised! The game controls well, combat is much, MUCH better and the side activities are actually engaging. It also helps quite a bit that I haven't had to tail anyone, but we'll see if I escape that completely. Ancient Egypt is a very interesting setting, as well.

I'm loving it!
#5084  April 11, 2018, 03:25:08 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Tales of Berseria (PC)

So far its pretty good and Velvet is a damn fine protagonist, a lot better than that bland Kira Yamato-looking fucker they had in Zestiria. Too bad Zestiria is currently Namco's biggest focus so Berseria's lucky if it gets anything. Currently just got Rokurou on my party and just met Eleanor.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Deadly Revenge (PSX/PS3/Vita)

Gonna try to power through this like I did CB1, which didn't feel anything like Dark Souls despite what I heard. So far its pretty good but I gotta brush up on slide jumping and all that. Ithink I'm up to the third tier of stages, managed to find some secret entrances too.

Crash Bandicoot 3: Double Zeta

In all seriousness, NNNF CRASH 3 IS SOME GOOD SHIT. Levels are tighter, physics feel goooooood, any fuckups actually do feel more like I fucked up and all the powerups I can get for Crash are some damn fine stuff including the Death Tornado. Can't wait til I get me that Fruit Bazooka. Last I remember I beat N Tropy. He was a fun boss fight.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, 3 and Reborn (PS3)

Working on trophies. Yep.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost

If email setup wasn't made such a Catch-22 asspain I'd make a JP account for that sweet DLC. But man this game is still fun anyway.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#5085  April 15, 2018, 04:54:00 pm
  • What's up, Doc?
    • USA
Agatha Knife

This is an indie point-and-click about a little girl who loves cute animals and eating meat.  She works in her mother's butcher shop, and it makes her sad that her animal friends become afraid of her when she slaughters them for their meat.  So naturally, she decides to solve this by founding a new religion called Carnivorism to try to convince the animals that being killed for food is the key to eternal happiness so they won't be afraid to die anymore.

It's super dark and fucked up and weirdly charming.