YesNoOk

Understand, understand, the concept of fanart (and bad grammar) (Read 629717 times)

Started by Zantetsuken, September 26, 2012, 08:22:47 pm
Re: Understand, understand, the concept of fanart (and bad grammar)
#261  September 28, 2012, 07:10:32 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
What Titlin said.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

DW

#262  September 28, 2012, 07:15:02 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
@Sean

Cool man, that's what's up. Like I always say man, there's no rush. Whenever it's convient/comfortable to work on him for you is fine. Looking forward to some updates on him. Since it's been put out there and all... Can I get that Gouken SFF off you once you've compiled it?
#263  September 28, 2012, 07:17:13 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
#264  September 28, 2012, 07:19:15 pm
  • You don't know enehthin.
Yeah I usually don't like HOF suggestions and such, but, WOW. I didn't realize that, in the year 2012, where the ability to seek knowledge is EVERYWHERE, that someone that unrealistically stupid could exist. I mean, the 10 pages worth of answers to his question and he STILL wouldn't shut up about, it, attempting to get revenge in such a sad, pathetic manner, I mean, if this isn't HOF material, i'm not sure what is.

Only thing that could've made this better is if he made some alt. account pretending to be an executive at Capcom and act like he's busted us for illegal activity.
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:23:05 pm by I'm Agent Norman Jayden, FBI.

DW

#265  September 28, 2012, 07:23:51 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yeah, what he was doing was clearly being done out of spite and possible jealously/envy, nothing more. I can understand the first time around, but if it's been explained to you multiple times, and you insist on going on with false ignorance... You get my drift. I hope other sites ban him as well, because as I said, this was an attack on the community as a whole in all honesty. Not just Garuda/Abstract.
#266  September 28, 2012, 07:25:02 pm
also i do not support the theory that he was elaborately trolling since zantetsuken has a long history of being brutally stupid
#267  September 28, 2012, 07:41:22 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Because this was often a point of discussion, I emailed Capcom and SNK Playmore early in 2007 for what their take on the legality of fan-made, non-profit games (like M.U.G.E.N) was with respect to their intellectual properties.

Wait, that was you? I thought that was Messatsu! I've been pissed at the wrong person all these years! You son of a bitch, you almost forced me out of Mugen permanently! >:(
#268  September 28, 2012, 07:42:00 pm
  • tired
Little late to be mad at him~ After all, he is banned again.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#269  September 28, 2012, 07:44:11 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
It's never too late to be mad. DOUBLE BAN HIM
#270  September 28, 2012, 07:44:54 pm
  • tired
#271  September 28, 2012, 08:00:45 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
DAMN IT TDS YOU ALMOST GOT ME!!!!!

Also Post+1 before this topic gets HOFed.
#272  September 28, 2012, 08:13:12 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Nintendo's always been big on antipiracy. They're actually right, at least in the US. Google "Atari v. JS&A" for more info.

I've always considered Nintendo vs Tengen to be more prolific (having to do with the Tetris license and all)

Atari v JS&A:

JS&A manufactured a "game backup" device that allowed users to dump their Atari ROMs onto a blank cartridge. JS&A argued that the archival rule allowed for this. The court disagreed, noting that ROM media was not subject to the same volatility as magnetic media (for which the law was created). Thus, not being so relatively vulnerable, ROMs were not applicable under section 17 USC 117(a)(2).

Brought it up since it addressed the legality of backing up legal copies for archival or other purposes, and the US courts said no, which more or less reflects Nintendo's stance.
#273  September 28, 2012, 08:32:07 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
#274  September 28, 2012, 08:40:53 pm
  • For honor!
What's even worse is that Nemesis is going to be the one issuing the C&D and he will do that by shoving his tentacle down the throats of those who insulted Zantetsuken the most.
Iroha stripped for me
#275  September 28, 2012, 08:41:56 pm
  • tired
*phew* That leaves me unscathed.
#276  September 28, 2012, 08:46:30 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
This is proof that the staff should stop being a bunch of pussies with their permabans.

Except with KFM. Unban KFM for a free and just America.
Hey! At least Zantetsuken wasn't trying to cyber with anyone that might possible identify as female around here! Let's not go crazy here!!!

Man, I saw CvS posting a heap in a thread with this title, and I thought he was doing some Jet Set Radio sprites.  What a gip.
Yay! Somebody got the reference. :)

I think is was all about jealousy ladies and gentleman nothing else...
Yep. He's mad that no one paid attention to his shitty head swaps.

And then some guy gets PAID to make sprites? That's totally unfair I'm telling Capcom!

I hope he did contact Capcom and have them tell him that it's all fine. But I doubt he ever actually did.

DW

#277  September 28, 2012, 09:04:48 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#278  September 28, 2012, 09:43:00 pm
HoF because:
-derailing the thread for something that everyone is able to understand, yet he refused to;
-derailing during derailing.

Yes, that's possible.

Oh well, this reminds me of SeanAltly vs Sky87 (whatever his number his, I don't care).
#279  September 28, 2012, 11:30:46 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Yet he keeps on fighting his moronic logic over at MI, I really feel sorry for that fuck up really...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#280  September 28, 2012, 11:33:33 pm
    • Chile
Oh I came late to the execution