YesNoOk

unknown/asuka custom hits system (Read 17997 times)

Started by LM_MAVERIK, February 27, 2012, 07:51:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: unknown/asuka custom hits system
#61  March 04, 2012, 05:47:01 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Devil asuka?? I was talking to one of my team mates about adding  secret items option variables. a different one exclusive to all characters.
how it would work is, before the match you'd select which ever secret item you want, similar to the sf, groove system. this will then unlock secret item moves that can be performed during the match.

@cybaster

yeh, funny enough I actually have done that for the "before the eyes of raijin stage" and will probably end up doing for more.
Looks amazing and the idea is very creative if I can make afew suggerestions you should add that chain that devil jin haves on his waist and left arm and maybe change devil asuka's stance so it won't look to similar to the regular version of her and you can change his clothes color to maybe black and a very dim red and add afew tears on the pants on top collar of her jacket and good luck on your project Maverik I can't wait to see howw your characters look when there done  :sugoi:

cheers and thanks for the suggestions, I was thinking of changing the stance and making it more like devil jin's. The idea about adding chains and rips though might not work so well for continuities sake. Because when she transforms back the chains and rips will be gone.
#62  March 04, 2012, 05:57:07 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
About these custom states and animations, how do they work with respect to general Mugen ? Aka which of these :

1- Are these states compatible only against your chars (like in a fullgame environment) only ?
2- Are all the characters compatible ? ie. if they have the good animation triggered with selfanimexist (used as an optional standard) then they use it, otherwise they use an animation using regular sprites with a changeanim2 (would obviously not look as good but everybody would be compatible) ?
3- Only compatible with chars having the anim, so triggered by a list of names perhaps ?
4- Would the chars that want to be compatible have to add a bunch of code in their states ?
#63  March 04, 2012, 06:23:55 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@cybaster

3rd option is correct, The custom hit states are not compatible with regular characters and work via name flags and triggers. But if a characters name is not added to the code string and doesnt have the necessary animation state for the move i have coded a replacement state which will bypass the custom one for a normal hit state. so in a way it works with all characters but the move will have a different effect.

if someone wanted another character to be compatible with the custom hit system they'd simply have to add all the states 8100+ and anims series to there air and cns and then include the name of the character to the moves with custom hit properties.

#64  March 04, 2012, 06:38:36 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Your explanation makes it look like it's option 2 then, only that the opponent would have to add a few code in their characters. :P

Actually, it would be best if you didn't have a bunch of names but just triggered the states with a bunch of selfanimexist : this way, if people want to add these custom states in their characters in the future, they wouldn't need to PM you so that you can update your characters with their name in it. This just adds overall compatibility to Mugen and creates a new set of optional standard animations, which is always welcome (see this in case you're not familiar with them).

It also saves work for you and people can continue making their characters compatible with yours even if you leave the Mugen scene (taking the example of Bad Darkness who's coded the first Demitri but made Midnight Bliss triggered only with a bunch of names, which is a pain in the ass when using a simple selfanimexist would have rendered compatible all chars who had this animation, instead of having to modify Demitri's code each time).

So yeah, to resume : you just trigger each custom state with the correct selfanimexist, and on their side, people interested in making their chars compatible add the correct anim(s) and add the correct code in their chars (in which case a little tutorial in the readme of your chars just saying what to copy/paste would be more than welcome). :yes:
#65  March 04, 2012, 08:20:08 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Damn Maverick, this stuff is mighty impressive. You modeled NOH Theatre quite nicely. The strike system is interesting and looks well implemented. And Grey Fox is looking splendid. Onikage also looks like he is going to be a fucking pain in the ass!!

Keep up the always fantastic job. I'm still looking forward to Grey Fox. He's stunning in motion.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#66  March 04, 2012, 08:32:53 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Damn Maverick, this stuff is mighty impressive. You modeled NOH Theatre quite nicely. The strike system is interesting and looks well implemented. And Grey Fox is looking splendid. Onikage also looks like he is going to be a fucking pain in the ass!!

Keep up the always fantastic job. I'm still looking forward to Grey Fox. He's stunning in motion.

cheers, oh and that level is not meant to be the noh theatre. its actually a stage from my other project. "fukasawa HQ" their are a few similarities though.
and YES onikages AI will be a pain  too, it has to be lol he was a major bastard to beat in tenchu too. >:D ;D

@cybasters
I see, I was concentrating more on the full game environment not really looking at the bigger picture. I am looking at the anim standards in that link in case i decide to use the selfanimexist checking system.
#67  March 04, 2012, 09:12:42 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#68  March 05, 2012, 04:22:26 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Is the low blow animations going to be like MK4
#69  March 05, 2012, 09:29:10 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Is the low blow animations going to be like MK4

no, But it will have the same comedy value, but of course it will be different for girls and machine characters

@noside

Armor king is my fav too. I play competitively with him at tournaments  ;D

My second would be either julia or bryan
Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:39:15 am by LM_MAVERIK
Devil asuka flight
#70  March 06, 2012, 12:28:48 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/

The float animation I did for the devil asuka mode. Next will be the laser attack.