YesNoOk

MUGEN closes by itself and it's VERY ANNOYING! (Read 114634 times)

Started by HexagonalMilo10, March 11, 2018, 01:34:43 am
Share this topic:
MUGEN closes by itself and it's VERY ANNOYING!
#1  March 11, 2018, 01:34:43 am
i've definitely heard this problem get adressed before, but nothing i tried fixes the problem. sometimes, after the VS screen in arcade mode fades out, mugen's window just closes without warning or error. this happened once in survival too. i have 49 characters, and the crashing dosent seem to depend on which characters are about to battle.
It looks like you are trying to read my signature. Would you like help with that?
Re: MUGEN closes by itself and it's VERY ANNOYING!
#2  March 11, 2018, 02:22:40 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Providing it's the same issue I had a while ago, the issue occurs when MUGEN tries to flush a character from the playercache; setting the playercache value in mugen.cfg to a high number (preferably one that's bigger than the number of characters in your roster, just to be on the safe side) should circumvent this issue, at the potential cost of performance/memory usage during long play sessions.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3  March 11, 2018, 02:58:11 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I believe it may have to do with the fighter's hitboxes like if they have too many in one frame this would cause MUGEN to unexpectedly close. Some fighters have far too many CLSN boxes so you might want to have a look at their .air files in fighter factory. This may be a tedious task but I had this issue myself and when I resolved it myself, I had no more problems.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#4  March 11, 2018, 03:13:29 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Providing it's the same issue I had a while ago, the issue occurs when MUGEN tries to flush a character from the playercache;
What the hell?  Crashing during that is a thing?
Any idea why that causes Mugen to crash, or is that just another one of the big mysteries of Mugen?
#5  March 11, 2018, 06:39:41 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I have this same exact issue when using Gen by varo_hades or Mickey by R@CE AKIR@. It only does it when I do specific moves with the characters such as Gen's Hyakurenku and Mickey's Combination/Rising Uppercut. How can something that game breaking slip? R@CE AKIR@ claims it's never happens to his Mickey, but I can confirm it does.

Edit: I meant Rising Uppercut, not Crazy Upper.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 07:22:39 am by SolidZone 26
#6  March 11, 2018, 06:54:27 am
  • I'm a japanese mugen user. I'm not good at English
    • Japan
An example
Micky by R@CE AKIR@

Before↓
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

After↓

Do not put a default hit box in a place where a unique hit box is set like this.
#7  March 11, 2018, 11:14:57 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
What the hell?  Crashing during that is a thing?
Any idea why that causes Mugen to crash, or is that just another one of the big mysteries of Mugen?

It happened a lot back when I was on Windows 10, though (touch wood) it has yet to happen on Windows 7. By looking at the log files after a crash like this, one can see that the last logged action was an attempt at flushing a character from the playercache; MUGEN only flushes the playercache when the value set in mugen.cfg is reached, which is why setting it to a value higher than the number of characters in your roster prevents the issue from occurring.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#8  March 11, 2018, 01:15:41 pm
Providing it's the same issue I had a while ago, the issue occurs when MUGEN tries to flush a character from the playercache; setting the playercache value in mugen.cfg to a high number (preferably one that's bigger than the number of characters in your roster, just to be on the safe side) should circumvent this issue, at the potential cost of performance/memory usage during long play sessions.

i'll start with the suggestions 1 by 1. i just set my playercache to 50, and i'll let you all know if it fixes the problem or not. off to continuously play survival with rare akuma!

Posted: March 13, 2018, 12:35:00 am
nope. changing the playercache didn't do it. i was livestreaming mugen when it crashed this time. is there a crash report or crash log or something i can view to get information?
It looks like you are trying to read my signature. Would you like help with that?
#9  March 15, 2018, 01:15:37 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
An example
Micky by R@CE AKIR@

Before↓

After↓

Do not put a default hit box in a place where a unique hit box is set like this.
Doesn't work, leaving the Clsn2Default will still cause M.U.G.E.N to close. I did some testing and I think it's better just to remove it completely. Is there any reason to keep it in? Because if I do, the game crashes. But when I remove it, it doesn't.

If the cause of crashing is due to the air file of character, find the Clsn2Default if the move has one and remove it instead. If there is a reason why it shouldn't be removed, do let me know.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  March 20, 2018, 01:20:14 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:29:01 am by yaminogun
#11  March 20, 2018, 03:10:49 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!