YesNoOk

Balthazar's Character Planning v1 (Read 68404 times)

Started by Balthazar, September 20, 2012, 10:43:50 pm
Balthazar's Character Planning v1
#1  September 20, 2012, 10:43:50 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Yo peeps! I'll be using this thread to measure what character you'd wish the most from my hand!
Use the poll above, and elaborate on your choice in the thread  ;)

There are only Dragonball Z characters to choose from, since that's just my passion, and I want to keep making Z2 characters.

Now, let's have a look at the most common choices, shall we ;)?

1) Piccolo

Piccolo has a very large and interesting set of skills to make an amazing character from.
Mental Shock, Homing Blasts, Stretching Limbs, Cloning, Piercing energy blast; you name it, he has it!
I will probably cut a few corners on the detailing; like the lines on his arms I'll probably leave out.
Also; no cape or hat (besides intros/winposes).
A movelist for him has already been made (well, a concept movelist).
I'll need PLENTY of donations to set me to work on this guy though :P!

2) Future Trunks

The heartthrob of the series :P He's cool, but another Saiyan character, and I most likely will sprite him no-jacket-no-sword.
Still enough cool stuff in his arsenal to make him a worthy addition to the Z2 roster! I've concepted a movelist for him already,
but open to suggestions ofcourse.
I really won't like to add the sword; it's really troublesome and the weapon-wielding would break with the other Z2 chars's bases.
I can also make his normal hair and ssj hair in tandem (make a copy of each bald sprite as soon as it's finished and make both hairstyles, to save later work).

3) Perfect Cell

I think this guy is on the wishlist of A LOT of people. He's the coolest boss around, no doubt!
But since he is pretty hard to sprite, I will be asking for high donations here.
I'll cut corners on detailing SOMEWHAT probably, most likely skip the dots,
or at least don't sprite them and then add them on the finished sheet. We'll see.
No question about his arsenal: he pretty much has any move you can think of!
Plus; you'd witness the first Z2 Boss Character (I do rank him higher then Frieza)!

4) Legendary Super Saiyan Broly

Holy shit, this guy is super mega massive!
You can't argue with this guy; he'll be a super top-tier boss character.
But as you can imagine; I have some really high demands before even thinking about starting on Broly.
First; I'll only do it if Diepod becomes a full-time (well, as far as school/work/stuff allows it) member, since I want to make this a collab.
The sprite you're looking at was drawn by Diepod, and then sprited by me (this is the second literation if you remember).
Secondly; We'll be asking for MASSIVE donations. Maybe as high as 1000/2000 euros. Madness? THIS! IS! BROLY!
I mean come on, did you take a look at the guy's size?

5) Krillin     6) Teen Gohan

Yeah as it stands now, I'm seriously concidering cancelling Gohan. Fuck him! SSJ Goku will be the definite Goku clone (and play nothing like him). The only thing that always gets in the way of Teen Gohan is ofcourse, his age. I've so far concidered Z2 to not go beyond the Cell saga so it might be pleasable, even if Super Buu might be a cool char. But maybe I don't have to take the ages so heavily.
Krillin is fun, and has a nice arsenal (most interesting his ki blasts he shoots upwards, and come down a little later, and his Kienzan), but he looks too simulair to Goku, so I most definitely won't sprite him now, if ever.

Well, there you have it, folks.
Don't be shy and tell us in which char you want Balthazar, yours truly, to put his freetime!
Please refrain from 'I'd rather see a character from another series' frantics, I'll ignore them anyway.

Also please note I won't take the poll as the holy grail; it's mostly there for me to measure your wishes.
Let's say Trunks comes out on top, that doesn't mean that I'll 100% definitely start on him right away or anything.

Go at it!
Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:40:43 pm by Balthazar
Re: Balthazar's Character Planning v1
#2  September 20, 2012, 10:56:16 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I want Broly since you already teased us with him :(

Also Gohan pls
#3  September 20, 2012, 10:56:40 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Considering that these all seem to be commission based projects, why not post the prices for all of them instead of estimated or non-included prices?
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#4  September 20, 2012, 10:57:12 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Saibaman Z2, please.

Personally, while I'm sure Z2 versions of any of those characters would be great to have, of the ones offered here, there already are some good versions of the characters out there.  I'd personally go with the one that hasn't been done yet, and the one closest to that is Trunks with no sword. (Stig87's Trunks from the DBZ Dream switchs between using it and not)

Of course, I'm happy if any of them win, they're all awesome characters, and would love to see more DBZ Z2 character out there.
#5  September 20, 2012, 11:12:58 pm
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Would consider Cell the most interesting one on there both visually and as a character. (Piccolo probably being second in terms of the latter.)
#6  September 20, 2012, 11:28:58 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I will probably cut a few corners on the detailing; like the lines on his arms I'll probably leave out.
And the shading too? Don't be a baby, the lines aren't like Cell's dots, they're not that complex.

I really won't like to add the sword; it's really troublesome and the weapon-wielding would break with the other Z2 chars's bases.
Then why bother doing him at all? The sword is his hook.

he looks too simulair to Goku, so I most definitely won't sprite him now, if ever.
They wear the same clothes and that's literally the only thing that is visually similar; he's a tiny midget man!

Considering that these all seem to be commission based projects
If that's true, I don't really like it. The whole commission characters thing is, IMO, fine for stuff like Super Saiyan Goku or Haggar; basically, things the spriter wasn't planning on doing and may in fact have originally been against doing that, or things that are special (like Broly because he'd be huge, but not like Cell just because of the dots). But charging for things you are interested in and really want to do? It seems wrong to me.
#7  September 21, 2012, 12:14:26 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Krillin, as he needs love.  Otherwise, Piccolo.
#8  September 21, 2012, 12:36:42 am
    • USA
Welp got a bit excited there :p I wish I could vote for both Krillin and Trunks :D

Also what are the chances of making a Yamcha? But not the Z one, but the Dragon Ball one?
#9  September 21, 2012, 12:39:36 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Broly/Cell is my choice. I want Z2 bosses!
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#10  September 21, 2012, 12:47:33 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
JMorph, you are right and I like your straight-forwardness.
It does come off wrong asking for donations if the char is gonna be made anyway, and at my own will at that.
You're also right about Trunks. He has been sword-less in the Budokai games ofcourse. But yeah gotta step it up and not look back.

No chance of Yamcha ever, since I think he is useless. And I won't make Dragonball characters, only Z ones.

For Saiyaman, well you guys will just have to wait and see, we have a little something planned :)

My personal choice would be Piccolo, because he just has so much to offer.
Yeah I suppose just take my time with the sprites to include the details. Lines on the pink/yellow 'padding' on his arms I'll most likely do, but not on the green parts. It just becomes so messy.

Perfect Cell would also rock, but yeah pretty detailed character!

#11  September 21, 2012, 12:57:59 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#12  September 21, 2012, 12:58:40 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Yeah, he only really used it in his Ultimate attacks.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#13  September 21, 2012, 01:12:00 am
    • USA
Actually Trunks has a sword attack (Forward PK), and also he uses it in his throw in Budokai 3

If you do Trunks will he have Heat Dome Attack as a super?
#14  September 21, 2012, 01:13:13 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
In Buyuu on Genesis, he didn't have his sword either. He had his jacket though.

And if Trunks was ever made, he'd obviously need the dome move and somehow the super sword slash he used VS Frieza.
Gotta use this a way or another :

:P
Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:19:51 am by (det∇ϕ(x))²-µ(λ+µ/θ)/∂Ω
#15  September 21, 2012, 02:01:01 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
^Nuff said.
Trunks FTW.
#16  September 21, 2012, 02:40:08 am
I chose cell but that was before i read the post and now i wish i voted piccolo, HE BETTER HAVE DEM LINE ARMS TOO  >:(. Also, FINISH GOHAN DAMNIT. He's  close to done, he's my favorite character and it wouldn't take NEARLY as much work to finish considering that the only things unfinished are like, supers, ofc im not the one spriting him so i wouldnt know but i say finish what you started then move along from there. I'll take gohan over ssj goku anyday, hell, i didnt even want you to make him at all because of gohan! Anyway, thats all i gotta say, also phone postin suckssucks
#17  September 21, 2012, 02:50:35 am
    • derpherp@sharklasers.com
my vote goes for piccolo, between his unique abilities, your beautiful sprites, and (presumably) cybaster's coding, it'd probably be the best thing ever forever
#18  September 21, 2012, 02:53:59 am
    • USA
I want to see Broly. :)
#19  September 21, 2012, 03:54:17 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
For Saiyaman, well you guys will just have to wait and see, we have a little something planned :)
Wait, Saiyaman or Saibaman?  If Saiyaman, I hope it's an intro for Gohan with the Great Saiyawoman, before she goes off screen and Gohan loses his superhero outfit.  If Saibaman.....I wasn't really being serious, but now I'm curious.
#20  September 21, 2012, 04:18:55 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
Trunks!! too bad no sword though -__- lol love his Eng VA too lol
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!