YesNoOk

Controller / Pad / Fight stick support? (Read 7574 times)

Started by extravagant, October 13, 2019, 08:39:38 am
Share this topic:
Controller / Pad / Fight stick support?
#1  October 13, 2019, 08:39:38 am
    • USA
Anything on this? Everyone is just using keyboards...?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Re: Controller / Pad / Fight stick support?
#2  October 13, 2019, 08:50:50 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I've played using controllers before.  And imo... it does not feel good.  I'd much rather stick to a keyboard.
#3  October 13, 2019, 10:52:35 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Controller support might as well not exist for as unintuitive and clunky it is; even after you jump through the hoops of figuring out what numbers relate to which buttons, the analogue stick (for those who prefer that) is incredibly sensitive and basically unusable. It says something when most people resort to using Joy2key or some other macro software.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4  October 13, 2019, 10:54:34 am
    • USA
I played MUGEN on a controller once. And it was awkward AF for some reason.

Playing on a Keyboard feels like using a fight stick - without the joystick so to speak.
#5  October 13, 2019, 06:39:19 pm
    • USA
I play Mugen on controller for years and it is fine. I'm surprised there's so many keyboard players. As far as Mugen is concerned, using a stick or controller is fine. I heard Ikemen was shit though. It's like what kind of bozos at Ikemen development cannot even support basic control fundamentals?

Not only that but original games like SF and KOF which rely traditionally on a fight stick, cannot even be supported for more old school players. Makes absolutely no sense. And that's just weird to me. Why it is exclusively for keyboards is beyond me. And I'm not in any way hating on keyboard fighters.
#6  October 13, 2019, 06:51:34 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Why do you all hate the controller integration in MUGEN? Pads are my go-to control devices for MUGEN stuff, and they have been for longer than I can remember. And they feel perfectly fine to me, so what gives?
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#7  October 13, 2019, 07:04:28 pm
    • USA
Why do you all hate the controller integration in MUGEN? Pads are my go-to control devices for MUGEN stuff, and they have been for longer than I can remember. And they feel perfectly fine to me, so what gives?

I sure hope they're not trying to hate. I think they're just saying "it is what it is" or "get used to it" or maybe along the lines of normalizing the issue, but not hating. Would be nice to get some supportive comments on it those as not everybody uses keyboard and anyone from the FGC trying to have fun with this is gonna be very disappointed.
#8  October 13, 2019, 10:55:20 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
People, this thread is for ikemen. Controller integration for MUGEN works fine. Ikemen is notoriously bad though.
#9  October 13, 2019, 11:40:04 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
OH.
:omg:
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#10  October 15, 2019, 07:34:50 am
uhhh, am i taking crazy pills? Controllers and fightsticks have always worked when i started using it (Ikemen go plus and regular ikemen plus)  even now. Thats how I do 4 player simultaneous with 4 people. Are you guys still using the first edition of ikemen (which imo sucks BIG TIME). A lot of stuff has happened since that japanese dude's first release.
#11  October 15, 2019, 10:48:32 pm
    • USA
uhhh, am i taking crazy pills? Controllers and fightsticks have always worked when i started using it (Ikemen go plus and regular ikemen plus)  even now. Thats how I do 4 player simultaneous with 4 people. Are you guys still using the first edition of ikemen (which imo sucks BIG TIME). A lot of stuff has happened since that japanese dude's first release.

Please endow me with such updates or guide me.

#12  October 16, 2019, 09:32:56 am

Please endow me with such updates or guide me.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-go-plus-184152.0.html

download latest:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts

Only issue is, so much has happened and the original GO author abandoned everything (who also created hte main thread) that getting it set up youll have to look through the pages in the last 6 or so months to see how the new one works (from a new user who decided to continue Ikemen GO in his own hands), its not entirely different from setting up regular ikemen, but now theres more compatibility and updates
#13  October 17, 2019, 01:40:00 am
  • ANC
One thing you could try is to use Xpadder to map the keyboard to your controller.

Lag may possibly vary tho.
#14  October 25, 2019, 06:21:58 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Right, so it does appear as though IKEMEN GO has better input config compared to vanilla, but it still has trouble detecting certain buttons and any analogue inputs (for my 360 controller, it couldn't detect start, the triggers, the d-pad, or either stick). Not so bad for setting up buttons, but still a problem for directional inputs.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.