YesNoOk

IKEMEN Disscussion Thread (Read 649795 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, July 01, 2015, 09:10:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: IKEMEN Disscussion Thread
#21  August 19, 2015, 01:12:11 am
    • USA
The roster looks complete man! Anything else would be considered DLC at this point.
You basically are looking at your DLC lol.

The roster looks complete man! Anything else would be considered DLC at this point.

Dude you got brains or something because that's a great idea!
We def need to have a test session.  Trying to make everyone viable rather it be increasing their speed, startup, etc. I've been learning a lot as well so a lot of my older stuff have seen a lot of improvements.  Also guys.. How cool would it be to have... Tag-Team Supers? Exclusive.. Capcom Vs. Snk Universe... Let's go! LOL 

So here is some progress.. Really been looking into "modes". Just been experimenting. Each mode has it's individual bgm which is cool. I've also made some minor adjustments to tatsu's tag system. Oh yeah, I must mention online tag is 1000% working no more debug keys. You can get a small taste of the roster which isn't final, but I'm content with it at the moment.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nSwah-70M&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
So I'm finally ready to start making a screen-pack for this. Main menu, Select screen, Network Mode screen etc, etc. Message me "ONLY" if you are serious & would like to help.

P.S
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Not bad I suppose...I see that you've kinda cleaned up the look in a few spots. Also, as for the suggestions part, I was messing with a few things on varo_hades birdie (which I have seen in the select) and if you want, I can pm you what I did and maybe show a vid on what exactly I did messing with him, see if you're interested in it...

Let me tell ya. Making a screenpack has been that last thing on my mind, but it's the presentation :/. I'm more so into working on the characters & gameplay than cosmetics. In that sense I haven't changed much of anything I just added more music. Now I can really start coming up with concepts now that my roster size is closer to finalizing *cough* You can help me if you want in that department expert. Birdie huh.. Not a character I care for, but open to anything I suppose.

So have I in fact lol.... there's more I have been doing than just screenplays myself, just haven't had a chance to show changes due to my net issues... no need to be defensive there... jk but in all seriousness, sure. Just pm me on what you would like or whatever, and I'll try to get to it. As for birdie, I was just assuming since he's in the roster anyways, if you wanted some help or something... demonstrate also changes I made to the char that can make him more "interesting..." I'll tell you soon, since my net is giving me problems to the point uploading is a bitch.

Not sarcasm, but praise you do great work that often goes unnoticed. I appreciate all & any help, no matter how small you consider it. For sure just let me know.
#22  August 19, 2015, 02:59:54 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
You basically are looking at your DLC lol.

Dude you got brains or something because that's a great idea!
We def need to have a test session.  Trying to make everyone viable rather it be increasing their speed, startup, etc. I've been learning a lot as well so a lot of my older stuff have seen a lot of improvements.  Also guys.. How cool would it be to have... Tag-Team Supers? Exclusive.. Capcom Vs. Snk Universe... Let's go! LOL 

So here is some progress.. Really been looking into "modes". Just been experimenting. Each mode has it's individual bgm which is cool. I've also made some minor adjustments to tatsu's tag system. Oh yeah, I must mention online tag is 1000% working no more debug keys. You can get a small taste of the roster which isn't final, but I'm content with it at the moment.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nSwah-70M&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
So I'm finally ready to start making a screen-pack for this. Main menu, Select screen, Network Mode screen etc, etc. Message me "ONLY" if you are serious & would like to help.

P.S

Not bad I suppose...I see that you've kinda cleaned up the look in a few spots. Also, as for the suggestions part, I was messing with a few things on varo_hades birdie (which I have seen in the select) and if you want, I can pm you what I did and maybe show a vid on what exactly I did messing with him, see if you're interested in it...

Let me tell ya. Making a screenpack has been that last thing on my mind, but it's the presentation :/. I'm more so into working on the characters & gameplay than cosmetics. In that sense I haven't changed much of anything I just added more music. Now I can really start coming up with concepts now that my roster size is closer to finalizing *cough* You can help me if you want in that department expert. Birdie huh.. Not a character I care for, but open to anything I suppose.

So have I in fact lol.... there's more I have been doing than just screenplays myself, just haven't had a chance to show changes due to my net issues... no need to be defensive there... jk but in all seriousness, sure. Just pm me on what you would like or whatever, and I'll try to get to it. As for birdie, I was just assuming since he's in the roster anyways, if you wanted some help or something... demonstrate also changes I made to the char that can make him more "interesting..." I'll tell you soon, since my net is giving me problems to the point uploading is a bitch.

Not sarcasm, but praise you do great work that often goes unnoticed. I appreciate all & any help, no matter how small you consider it. For sure just let me know.

Great! Much appreciated dude, I'll show you what's up when I get the chance to access some net ^_~ (not too long I believe)
#23  August 27, 2015, 07:23:02 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Welp, I'll leave it here then...
Some editing of mine to display real quick when I didn't have net

#24  August 28, 2015, 05:20:52 am
    • USA

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujosv1D96Qs[/YouTube]

You should post this in the edits & addon's if you ever decide to release.
#25  August 28, 2015, 09:14:26 pm
    • Puerto Rico

Hope thats a good thing... If I do decide to release it, it's gonna need plenty of balance tweaks to it... Just wanted to show ya and get your opinion on the changes shown.
#26  August 29, 2015, 04:06:06 am
    • USA

Hope thats a good thing... If I do decide to release it, it's gonna need plenty of balance tweaks to it... Just wanted to show ya and get your opinion on the changes shown.

Me specifically? Well not my cup of tea I'm afraid. I see what you've done, but some of which was unnecessary. Kinda changes characters play-style completely when you add chains(SFXT Vs. SF4 essentially). Don't take this as a negative it can be further improved as I'm sure you are already doing. I'm not against chain combos, but I never add them to characters. They'd have to already have had them, or simply implement them in the form of "target combos". There are a group of lads on here though that would welcome that with welcome arms which is why I recommended it.
#27  August 29, 2015, 05:10:37 pm
    • Puerto Rico

Me specifically? Well not my cup of tea I'm afraid. I see what you've done, but some of which was unnecessary. Kinda changes characters play-style completely when you add chains(SFXT Vs. SF4 essentially). Don't take this as a negative it can be further improved as I'm sure you are already doing. I'm not against chain combos, but I never add them to characters. They'd have to already have had them, or simply implement them in the form of "target combos". There are a group of lads on here though that would welcome that with welcome arms which is why I recommended it.

I see what you mean. I just preffer characters with chain combo, imo its a bit more fun, and still can add a level of competitive depth. And I've been messing around wih mugen a lot since I can't make my own characters due to sprite issues, so I might as well atleast edit the shit out of characters...

#28  August 29, 2015, 05:14:55 pm
    • USA

I see what you mean. I just preffer characters with chain combo, imo its a bit more fun, and still can add a level of competitive depth. And I've been messing around wih mugen a lot since I can't make my own characters due to sprite issues, so I might as well atleast edit the shit out of characters...

That's exactly what you should do! Take my opinion with a grain of salt. I am just a hardcore SF whore.
#29  August 29, 2015, 06:58:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico

That's exactly what you should do! Take my opinion with a grain of salt. I am just a hardcore SF whore.

Lol, I got ya
#30  August 29, 2015, 07:17:01 pm
    • USA
Yes, please ultimately do what "you" want to do. I'd love to see the creativity that only you possess. Keep up the good work!
#31  September 03, 2015, 12:36:41 am
    • USA
I have a job for anyone that would like to help on the project. You can help me with the pre-fight dialogue. The template is below. For any character of your choosing. Notice how I used official script, but you are free to be creative! You only have to create the text, etc. I will implement it into the characters myself.
#32  September 04, 2015, 12:22:38 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
this just gets better and better... i'll see what I can do!
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#33  September 04, 2015, 03:35:28 am
    • USA
this just gets better and better... i'll see what I can do!

Sounds good! If everyone can contribute it'll greatly reduce the workload. Also for characters that have no interaction record as I said be creative(in a reasonable that's what they would probably say way lol)
#34  September 04, 2015, 03:38:10 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Shinrei....you win. I'm convinced....Nightmare Geese coming soon....
#35  September 04, 2015, 03:57:33 am
    • USA
Shinrei....you win. I'm convinced....Nightmare Geese coming soon....
Finally gave in huh.. Ha nice! Looking forward to it. Hopefully you have more surprises *wink* *wink*

Also here are some resources for you guys http://www.kaine.mugenimperiolatino.com/Portraits.html
These contain the SVC portraits I used in the video as well as some other high quality ports from other games. Hopefully this helps some!
If you have more resources to contribute don't be afraid to share them here!

Here is an example from SVC itself how the intros would look.

Final product. (Example)

So if you "do" some post here so we can know which we don't need to do. If you guys are following my drift, you don't need to do quotes both ways; ex Evil ryu's is triggered by Oni so Evil ryu wouldn't need to have one for him.
Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:02:52 am by ShinRei
#36  September 05, 2015, 05:06:38 am
    • USA
A work in progress, but this guy does amazing work as always. ELECTR0 brings interactive stages to IKEMEN!! Check out our online bout!
#37  September 05, 2015, 05:13:37 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
LoL yea other than a few bugs that may or may not be fixable on Ikemen, but I think for the most part 90% of it is going to work out. By the way those are some smooth screenpack Fonts. Probably the best I've seen in how they float around the screen. It would be easier for me if they were all in one folder. I see like 4 or 5 folders that may or not be them LoL.
#38  September 05, 2015, 05:48:22 am
    • USA
LoL yea other than a few bugs that may or may not be fixable on Ikemen, but I think for the most part 90% of it is going to work out. By the way those are some smooth screenpack Fonts. Probably the best I've seen in how they float around the screen. It would be easier for me if they were all in one folder. I see like 4 or 5 folders that may or not be them LoL.

It is amazing! Adds so much more flare. Hope to see you continue making stages in this way. Props. As for the fonts, they are separated by life bar. I'm using a different one now idk if you've seen any of my recent videos, but I've fixed all previous issues I had with the bars & they are working with IKEMEN 100%(After a long ass trail & error period lol). Here is a lil update for everyone whom has not been following. Main fixes & changes include..
Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:52:51 am by ShinRei
#39  September 06, 2015, 06:46:16 pm
    • USA
So what do you guys think? I've always wanted a filter for this, but it has never worked before now & I hadn't really thought of it. If we could come up with a decent present it could be that much better. Especially with zoom in the mix. Just messed with it for like two seconds & it does indeed work. Though of course this is optional, but it'll be in there for you to mess with. Interested in experimenting this though.

OG

HDR

CRT
#40  September 06, 2015, 10:51:33 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Are these filters over the game itself, or is it editing of the sprites/editing of the vids you recorded. If so, they are nice. My personal favorite would be the CRT look (reminds me of the GGPO Capcom remake games when they have the arcade and scan lines to it look). The HDR imo looks like the sharpness and exposure ate the sprites when I look at squall (jk), but overall it's a nice touch.