YesNoOk

ShugenDo news update 19.09.2009 (Read 11801 times)

Started by SakirSoft, September 19, 2009, 03:42:43 pm
ShugenDo news update 19.09.2009
#1  September 19, 2009, 03:42:43 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Its time for a little news update.

I was thinking a lot of ShugenDo and it development.And i want to introduce you some new way points.

First of all i will not mention an possible release date. I feel bad when i am not able to reach those release dates.
Also its disappoints you when you are waiting for a release. I do not want to call this "Its done when its done".
We saw what happened i do not want to end ShugenDo like this.
The status of ShugenDo is "You will see it when its done" ;)

Second point is that port of ShugenDo will be work on when ShugenDo is in version 1.0. That means when it leaves the beta phase.
Please do not ask for port releases.

3rd point is that i mentioned earlier in some post that ShugenDo is under heavy development changes.
Those changes are needed to be done. I came to this point because the need of all those feature needs a
engine which can full fill them. Mugen and its concept was not designed for net play etc.
I am working towards a nice and clean engine.

So what will bring the new changes?? The main point which i want to provide is a comfortable way to design content for the ShugenDo engine.
I think its a mess to develop content for the mugen engine. And not very friendly for content creators. 

Btw i want to thank for all the support form you guys. Some times i am amazed that i am getting that much of Support.
Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com
Re: ShugenDo news update 19.09.2009
#2  September 19, 2009, 06:38:33 pm
  • Ill will be seein you soon!!
HEY SO THIS MY FIRST TIME HEREIN ABOUT SHUGENDO WHATS THIS SHUNGENDO STUFF ABOUT NO OFFENSE BUT I LIKE THE 4 player thats cooler than mugen i played mugen 4 5  years it is the most exciment game iv ever played but i realy what to play online with shugendo im not rushing nobody just i don't this project to end in such a bad way not at all anyway :)
#3  September 19, 2009, 09:11:59 pm
  • Hello ^_^... I visit MUGEN sometimes :P
Its time for a little news update.

I was thinking a lot of ShugenDo and it development.And i want to introduce you some new way points.

First of all i will not mention an possible release date. I feel bad when i am not able to reach those release dates.
Also its disappoints you when you are waiting for a release. I do not want to call this "Its done when its done".
We saw what happened i do not want to end ShugenDo like this.
The status of ShugenDo is "You will see it when its done" ;)

Second point is that port of ShugenDo will be work on when ShugenDo is in version 1.0. That means when it leaves the beta phase.
Please do not ask for port releases.

3rd point is that i mentioned earlier in some post that ShugenDo is under heavy development changes.
Those changes are needed to be done. I came to this point because the need of all those feature needs a
engine which can full fill them. Mugen and its concept was not designed for net play etc.

So what will bring the new changes?? The main point which i want to provide is a comfortable way to design content for the ShugenDo engine.
I think its a mess to develop content for the mugen engine. And not very friendly for content creators. 

Btw i want to thank for all the support form you guys. Some times i am amazed that i am getting that much of Support.

It's all good , I'm pretty sure the wait for the release will be well worth it .
Mortal Kombat, is not about death, but cheating in mame. Need Mame cheats? Go Here.

#Put_kokonoe_in_usfiv #Kappa
#4  September 20, 2009, 12:34:58 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
great to here you are still working on it...
            Zorf Giudecca
#5  September 21, 2009, 03:00:16 am
Good stuff sarki, like always I'm very proud of you for being dedicated such a great symbol for bring something new for the fighting gamers.

HEY SO THIS MY FIRST TIME HEREIN ABOUT SHUGENDO WHATS THIS SHUNGENDO STUFF ABOUT NO OFFENSE BUT I LIKE THE 4 player thats cooler than mugen i played mugen 4 5  years it is the most exciment game iv ever played but i realy what to play online with shugendo im not rushing nobody just i don't this project to end in such a bad way not at all anyway :)

Mugen was not meant for online. Really the is no purpose since people can contentiously break or go back and code the characters to get a easy win, plus alot of character creators will keep running into minor/major glitches. Hey, online is cool, but if it's not a full game with well balanced characters,that falls under the same mechanics, it will just be a joke. No offense, but I'm just saying it from a fighting game tournament player perspective.

Good stuff, a nice,clean engine would be too good. That's what I like so much about fighter maker, it is a solid independent engine that can stand on it's own. Trying to patch things up with mugen,countering it's bugs probably won't make it so nice and clean, it would most likly make things more messy

Mvc2 player!
Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:16:45 am by Jill Val
#6  September 21, 2009, 03:19:33 am
  • Hello ^_^... I visit MUGEN sometimes :P
Good stuff sarki, like always I'm very proud of you for being dedicated such a great symbol for bring something new for the fighting gamers.

Mugen was not meant for online. Really the is no purpose since people can contentiously break or go back and code the characters to get a easy win, plus alot of character creators will keep running into minor/major glitches. Hey, online is cool, but if it's not a full game with well balanced characters,that falls under the same mechanics, it will just be a joke. No offense, but I'm just saying it from a fighting game tournament player perspective.

I think it does need online play , but for full games only ( As you said ) . ShugenDo in default should have online set disabled , until someone makes a full game with its own characters , and then mark the online trigger for that set .

This way , more people will actually get to play against each other besides facing an AI , and find all the neat or maybe even broken stuff about the character and use it against other players . Definitely a great way to beta test once you report the stuff that is considered broken .

PS : Jill Val you go to any MVC2 tournaments or anything like that ?
Mortal Kombat, is not about death, but cheating in mame. Need Mame cheats? Go Here.

#Put_kokonoe_in_usfiv #Kappa
#7  September 21, 2009, 03:42:03 am

I think it does need online play , but for full games only ( As you said ) . ShugenDo in default should have online set disabled , until someone makes a full game with its own characters , and then mark the online trigger for that set .

This way , more people will actually get to play against each other besides facing an AI , and find all the neat or maybe even broken stuff about the character and use it against other players . Definitely a great way to beta test once you report the stuff that is considered broken .

PS : Jill Val you go to any MVC2 tournaments or anything like that ?

yes, mvc2,sf4,cvs2,Blazeblue, SF HD...etc? why do you? ;P hopefully you in my region so we can play money matches at major tournaments at least  :sugoi: I'm a  southern mvc2 player.

Let's be careful not to get off topic though so I will at one more thing. Since shugendo is on path that it's in, aside from having something to create content like FFU or maybe FFU itself, will there be a basic program for the engine itself to turn features on and off.  Like if someone wanted to put a full game together and they wanted the gameplay to be 3 vs 3 tag team or 2 vs 2 tag team or 1 vs 1, they and just configure the option. Or if they wanted zoom in zoom out feature they can able in and disable it. Or will it be config notepad.Stuff like that.

Sorry sarki, for a hand full of questions and statements,just very excited about this project,
Mvc2 player!
Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:24:31 am by Jill Val
#8  September 21, 2009, 10:45:24 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Thanks for your interrest in all this.
I see you have alot of question but currently i can't answere them at all.

What i can say is that all feature in ShugenDo are optional. Its up to you to use them or not.
You can make zoomable stages but you are not forced to make one.

After years of development and releize that the mugen way is not the right way to go.
Too much hacky stuff in it.Its no offense agains mugen. I love mugen but i have another vision of a beat em up engine.
I want to  support full game creations.
Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com
New #9  September 21, 2009, 06:07:47 pm

After years of development and releize that the mugen way is not the right way to go.
Too much hacky stuff in it.Its no offense agains mugen. I love mugen but i have another vision of a beat em up engine.
I want to  support full game creations.

This is something I been waiting for years to see, a beat em up engine for full game creations. Mugen wasn't truly made for full game creators, it's really for dream matches too mess around with but not to be taken seriously, no offense. Fighter Maker 2 was the only full game engine I new of, but it's impossible to find.

By far VANGUARD PRINCESS  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU5eg-wo71w&feature=related   is the most respected doujin fighter that was made by fighter maker. It supports high res, animated select screen and vs screen,assist,etc. Seeing shugendo go down this road is a huge step in the right direction.

Good job man  :)
Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 06:14:35 pm by JaseSRK