YesNoOk

SSJ Goku Z2 [Project] (Read 429403 times)

Started by Balthazar, August 09, 2012, 08:24:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: SSJ Goku Z2 fundraiser
#41  August 12, 2012, 08:56:52 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
While I'm impressed by your ability to rack up money from people/fans, did you consider people who voted are just doing it to show that "they're socially care and stuff" and actually mean nothing of it?

If you need an analogy, think of the people that turn up to protests but don't actually care too much for it. In other words, sheep.

That SSJ3 sprite is cool, but is the details on the shoes purposely missing? (or is it the angle).

And how much did you make previously on another project? Or is it this the first time.

I'm not being confrontational. I'm genuinely impressed by what you are doing overall.
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#42  August 12, 2012, 09:44:48 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hey great, thanks so far :)

Current balance:

DMK: 10 euros
The Snackist: 5 euros
===
Total :  15 euros
(sorry if I mixed up your names by any chance, I think you'd prefer that I refrain from using the names attached to the donation, and use your MFG username)

I will keep updating in this fashion until I reach the 100 mark, but ofcourse you can always go FURTHER BEYOND!

@fuckyeah
Nope, this is the first time I've been asking for donations. I did do sprite commissions ofcourse, but not yet for a full char, neither did I ask for donations like this before. The SSJ3 sprite is a bit low on detail because he is so heavily lit from the front. It does have all the details, the lines on the boots, but they are hard to see because they're on the very outside edge.

DMK

#43  August 12, 2012, 10:10:08 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Yeah its fine, but I think most may know me by Taylor, even if I hate the name.  >:(

Good luck and I'll try throwing in some more later this week.
#44  August 13, 2012, 01:34:00 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Done and will donate more if you join me to work on a certain other blonde male.
#45  August 13, 2012, 02:56:35 am
    • USA
Level 3 should be Super Dragon Fist. He knocks them into the air, turns SSJ3, does the Dragon Fist then nom nom the Dragon eats the opponent.

Maybe this move?

MDD

#46  August 13, 2012, 03:00:02 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
#47  August 13, 2012, 07:40:12 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
I haven't raised a dime yet, I just stated it would have been 480 if everyone who voted 'I would donate this amount' actually donated that amount.  But what I'm looking for is just 100 euros. Preferably 5 euros per donator. I thought it would be easy to have 20 guys come up with that.

well, like i told you in PMs: i would rather see/pay a certain other character made first (and i know Cybaster is down with this like nothing else!!), but in all eventuality, yes, i would donate a small amount for SSJ Goku... just didn't think we HAD to donate right the fuck now >:(

Ok maybe not begging (that wasn't aimed at you MightyKombat), but about a quarter of the posts in the Goku Z2 thread are somewhat related to requesting/asking for a SSJ version.

ye, that was before you asked money for it ;)
#48  August 13, 2012, 08:04:49 am
    • Netherlands
Current balance:

DMK: 10 euros
The Snackist: 5 euros
Jango Swanson: 5 euros
===
Total :  20 euros

Well this donation is pretty much for just the spritesheet to be made, it won't take me very long,
and when it's finished it will probably be sitting on the shelf for a while,
since Cybaster doens't quite have as much freetime as I do, and he has Goku to wrap up and Vegeta to finish.
His thesis deadline is pretty soon though, so hopefully that gives him more time to work on mugen-related things.
Then he just has to get a triple-powered cup of coffee and send his gf to her mother for a few days or something :P
And mugen-magic will happen!

@Jango
Yeah sure, we talked about that, PM me with as much details as you can,
for now I'm still not sure if it's a supportive character, extended supportive character or full character ;)

@Karasai
Probably won't have the dragon fist, because I don't like it.
About the force push; well his EX Ki-Blast will be like that (the 'invisible ki-blast' from the old SNES/genesis fighters).
It'll knock the enemy all the way back, probably have them wall-bounce.

@Djoulz
Yes I understand a completely new character is prefered by some, but you gotta give me a break; this Goku Z2 spritesheet has been a work-in-progress for over 2 years, having have 3 full literations, now that I'm FINALLY completely happy with it, it's time to 'pick it's fruits' ;)

We've made concept movelist for a bunch of possible next characters already.
Also at this moment, I'm not really feeling Gohan so much anymore. He's ANOTHER Goku swap (even though he certainly came first),
I'm leaving him as he is now, I don't wanna have to cancel him or anything, but I'd prefer to work on other characters then on Gohan.

Piccolo would be fucking great, Trunks too but I dunno about the sword and all, Krillin we've been toying with for a bit; I'm pretty sure we can make something for with him but I don't think there's enough demand for him.
And then there's Brolly..HE IS FUCKING HUGE but he would be epic without question! Cell is a sure winner too...there's too little time!

Thanks for the donations so far, keep'em coming!
#49  August 13, 2012, 08:52:20 am
wall-bounce is wonderful! :bravo:
#50  August 16, 2012, 11:25:25 am
    • Netherlands
Ack! The lack of donations is making my spritestyle inconsistent!!!

#51  August 16, 2012, 11:34:22 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I'da been gave you at least $100 bucks off the back. BUT I got a couple bills that are eating away at my savings for the time being. Plus this is a slow month at my job, so I'm not making as much money as I like to brag about. In time I'll slide you some bucks for the effort put in. And I'm talking for both you, & Cybaster. So don't be a Dirty Prick and keep it all for yourself! ;D
#52  August 16, 2012, 06:45:12 pm
You can't force things Balth!  >:(
#53  August 16, 2012, 08:13:55 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Okay here's my allowance.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#54  August 17, 2012, 01:01:11 am
    • USA
? ;)

This one is eh
Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:24:25 am by Karasai
#55  August 17, 2012, 07:56:46 am
    • Netherlands
Ugh, old sprites XD!
 Yeah he'll have some teleporting going on for sure ;) But keeping it in the Z2 style of semi-balanced awesomeness ofcourse!

Yo, I've decided to do some color seperation: His waist+wristbands are now seperated from his t-shirt+boots.
I think that's all he needs, at least you can give him the more show acurate color set-up now.

I don't think I'll want to do his gi top/pants seperation. I think that looks ugly: It's only nice when you have a flap from the gi below the waistband imo (like ryu/ken).
Yeah ofcourse you can still give him the yellow/gold bootlaces, I have them black now for color seperation (it would be too simulair to the gi now, for a workfile).
Anyone feel like his t-shirt/boots should be seperated? I personally don't think so.

Just a few pals
Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:15:55 pm by Balthazar
#56  August 20, 2012, 10:23:39 am
    • USA
I think the T-shirt and boots are fine but I'm sure those people who love that crazy separation might like it. Have you received any new donations within the past few days? Though I'll be able to donate only 1-5 Euro's in a few days its not much but hey it's something.
#57  August 20, 2012, 11:04:42 am
    • Netherlands
Well I can always seperate the shirt and pants when I'm done with the sheet. It's not such a difficult progress.
No more donations, like I said I would post an update everytime I got one. Still at 20 euros right now.
#58  August 20, 2012, 04:42:51 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
i think he should at least have a bit different standing animation, to separate him from his normal version
color separation sounds very nice :P
#59  August 20, 2012, 06:27:47 pm
    • Netherlands
I've looked at a few stances, I'm leaning towards KoKi's interpretation from Goku (cvs-ish).
It has the same leg width (which I need because of all the start-up animations from Goku using that leg width,
and it'd look weird if his legs kept jumping around with each move you'd perform), same 'hunched-overness' and looks cool.

I suppose I should ask for permission to use it.

This one          ^ ^ ^

ps. I finished the splits kick.

Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:20:28 pm by Balthazar
#60  August 20, 2012, 09:09:23 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Wonderful !!! :D

Which reminds me I should go back to coding ... once I sort out all photos of Barcelona and a few other things. :ninja: