YesNoOk

Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions (Updated 7/13 with NEW INFO) (Read 99775 times)

Started by Sean Altly, September 29, 2011, 10:44:11 pm
Share this topic:
Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions (Updated 7/13 with NEW INFO)
#1  September 29, 2011, 10:44:11 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So I decided that the 6th button, previously referred to as the "Special" button, would now be designated the UT, or Unique Tactic button.

The Unique Tactic is pretty self-explanatory. Pressing the button will perform a unique attack/action/function for each character. I figure it's a way to incorporate other game mechanics and as a balance measure so that certain characters with disadvantages can make up for it. Anyway, this thread is for ideas and suggestions as to what each character's UT should be. Here's the roster list, for quick reference, along with any already decided UTs.

CAPCOM

1. Ryu (SF) - Karmic Shift (Changes the properties of his next special or super move, credit to Iced for the idea)
2. Ken (SF) - Educated Feet (The special kicks from CVS2, different directions do different kicks, hold for overhead)
3. Alex (SF3) - Universal Overhead (Just like in SF3)
4. Charlie (SFA) - Alpha Counter (press while guarding for Alpha Counter, limited number of uses)
5. Chun Li (SF2) - Focus Attack (works like in SFIV)
6. Mr. X (Resident Evil 2) - Shoulder Smash (powerful knockdown attack, like a Blowback)
7. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
8. Hinata (Rival Schools)
9. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
10. Megaman (Megaman) - Weapon Switch (multiple presses scrolls through available Special Weapons)
11. M. Bison/Vega (SF2) -
12. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots) - Bulk Up (Grants one hit of super armor, credit to Cazaki for the idea)
13. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) - Lance Throw (mash button for rapid throws, lances do little damage but can be spammed, credit to Cazaki for the idea)
14. Haggar (Final Fight) - Spinning Lariat (High invincibility and priority, drains a little bit of life)
15. Crimson Viper (Street Fighter IV) - Focus Attack (same as SFIV)
16. Jedah (Darkstalkers) - Dark Force (Activates flight, limited time usage)
17. Leo (Red Earth)
18. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Phantom Move (teleport, pressing different directions changes where he appears)
19. Frank West (Dead Rising) - Snapshot (camera snap that stuns opponent briefly)

THE WORLD

1. K' (KoF) - Ignite (similar to Ryu's, except it only modifies normals instead of supers/specials, makes next normal have fire FX, extra damage and other properties)
2. Lynn Baker (Rage of the Dragons) - First Impact (from RotD, starts a target combo, which can be canceled into a special or super at any time)
3. Tizoc (Garou: MOTW)
4. Captain America (Marvel) - Cartwheel (like a dodge roll, but he cartwheels, pressing back with the button makes him cartwheel backwards)
5. Solid Snake (MGS) - Stealth Camo (activated stealth camo, goes away if he's hit or 5 seconds pass)
6. Rorschach (Watchmen/DC)
7. Jin Kazama (Tekken) - Power Stance (next attack does 40% more damage as well as slightly longer hitstun)
8. Blaze (Streets of Rage) - Embukyaku (one of her special attacks from SoR, lots of invincibility and priority like Haggar's Lariat)
9. CM Punk (WWE) - Evasive Roll (forward and backwards)
10. Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)
11. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - Power Charge (hold button to build super meter)
12. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Cold Palms (charging attack that is unblockable at full charge)
13. Det. Garret Laurel (SHADEs of Manhattan 2) - Reload (reloads Judge, hold forward during to load shotgun rounds, hold back to load new explosive rounds)
14. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
15. Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros.) -
16. Gambit (X-Men) - Charge Card (charges a card and drops it, explodes if touched, like a mine, credit to Iced for the idea)
17. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
18. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
19. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) - Sidestep (quick dodge, like some KoF games, last few frames can be cancelled with a counter attack)

SUB BOSS

1. ???

FINAL BOSS

2.???

Give me your suggestions and ideas, I appreciate them.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:13:46 am by Sean Altly
Re: Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions
#2  September 29, 2011, 10:47:00 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I am somewhat worried as to how Alex is going to translate to your game.  In SF3 the stun system was an EXTREMELY beneficial part of his gameplay.  In TVC he got a gameplay rehaul of sorts to make up for the lack of stun system.

So before I suggest something for Alex I'd like to know if you are going to have him similar to either his SF3 incarnation or TVC?
#3  September 29, 2011, 11:12:05 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Foe Leo, I automatically thought of him switching weapons.
Megaman could have the little red guy give him the power ups and such.

And maybe give Lynn Baker her First Impact from RotD?

I dunno if you already considered these, just putting out.
#4  September 29, 2011, 11:17:49 pm
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
Albert Wesker's teleport?
Maybe a Kaze No Ken for Ryu?
#5  September 29, 2011, 11:24:41 pm
CAPCOM

1. Ryu (SF) - The Donkey Kick (While I know it's normally HCF + K, I can't see any other attack being a UT except possibly Solarplexus.)

2. Ken (SF) - His unique kicks from Super Turbo, or you can use SF3's st. MK -> F + MK (It's a standing kick that leads into another overhead kick.)

3. Alex (SF3) - Universal Overhead

4. Charlie (SFA) - Alpha Counter (If you press UT after blocking he counters.)

5. Chun Li (SF2) - Focus Attack

6. Mr. X (Resident Evil 2) - Shoulder Smash (powerful knockdown attack, like a Blowback)

7. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil) - Idk. A special zombie maybe?

8. Hinata (Rival Schools) - Tardy Counter (Just like Alpha Counter)

9. Morrigan (Darkstalkers) - Clearly the Dark Force would be too much, so I'm thinking make her UT the fly dash she does, would be a change of pace having a utility UT rather than an attack UT.

10. Strider Hiryu (Strider) - Formation B (That's the thing where there's only 1 Ouroboros machine right? I think that's it.)

11. Megaman (Megaman) - Mega Buster (Whichever.)

12. M. Bison/Vega (SF2) - Teleport (Do motions before using UT to determine which and not QCF or anything, just left or right.)

13. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots) - Bulk Up (This is my first custom UT. I figure he can't have his comeback super armor mode like in the MvC series, so with Bulk Up, if you press UT it plays an animation and then is granted one super armor after performing it. So if he was to finish the Bulk Up animation, the opponent has to hit him once to disable his super armor.)

14. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) - Spammable projectile (Doesn't matter which, just map an important projectile to this button.)

15. ???

16. ???

17. ???

18. Jedah (Darkstalkers) - Flight (The very same properties as his Vampire Savior iteration.)

19. Leo (Red Earth) - Weapon Change (He pulls out a weapon and it changes the properties of his moves, in Red Earth fashion.)

20. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Depends on the Wesker that's being made. If pre-RE5 then a RE3 style dodge, if RE5 then teleport.

21. Frank West (Dead Rising) - Camera (He takes a photo of the opponent, it has a long startup but the flash is a full screen attack, if not blocked, the opponent is stunned.)

THE WORLD

1. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) - Just Defend (Idk how you would be able to balance it though.)

2. K' (KoF) - You said he'd have a KoF super meter charge.

3. Lynn Baker (Rage of the Dragons) - I don't know anything about her.

4. Tizoc (Garou: MOTW) - Command Grab (Can be just one of his normal grabs from Garou.)

5. Captain America (Marvel) - Dodge Roll (Like in MvC3, he does have a dodge roll in there right?)

6. Solid Snake (MGS) - Claymore (I think it's better here than as a D, D + P motion.)

7. Rorschach (Watchmen/DC) - Draw Gun (It can be used as it already is, but if you press UT you can use it for feints, or to figure out what you want to do before you do it.)

8. Jin Kazama (Tekken) - Dodge/Sidestep (like in the early KoF games)

9. Blaze (Streets of Rage) - IDK bout him.

10. CM Punk (WWE) - Evasive Roll (forward and backwards)

11. Squall Leonhart (FFVIII) - IDK really he doesn't have anything that can be mapped to UT, maybe a spell?

12. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - Power Up (Obv.)

13. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Cold Palms (charging attack that is unblockable at full charge)

14. Dr. Doom (Marvel) - Flight (MvC2 style flight.)

15. Det. Garret Laurel (SHADEs of Manhattan 2) - Pistol

16. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) - Inferno (That ground fire move)

17. Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros.) - It hides in it's shell, and you can press left or right to make it spin toward the opponent, but it would have to be slow I guess.

18. Gambit (X-Men) - Uhhh...idk.

19. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Spin Dash (Would work like the Koopa Troopa UT, but you have more options. Down would just return Sonic to his normal mode, left brings him to the left, right brings him to the right, up makes him do a Spin jump, where you could do a Homing Attack. Idk I'm just tossing shit around.)

20. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage) - Idk about him either.

21. Blue Streak (Diepod Original) - Depends on Blue Streak's moveset. It should be up to Diepod what his UT would be.

SUB BOSS

1. ???

FINAL BOSS

2. Asura (Rugal/Akuma Fusion)
- Super meter charge possibly?
Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:29:46 pm by Cazaki
#6  September 29, 2011, 11:40:56 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
"9. Blaze (Streets of Rage) - IDK bout him."

She could probably use her spinning type move from SoR2 and 3, at the cost of health

"20. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage) - Idk about him either."
Same case as Blaze, maybe that series of supers from SoR3. Hold down the sixth button and input some directional buttons...actually this could have worked well for Sabin if he was in the game.
11. Megaman (Megaman) - Mega Buster (Whichever.)
Weapon Change maybe.
#7  September 29, 2011, 11:45:28 pm
Lol I tried to say "Weapon Change/Mega Buster (Whichever)" , but I guess I forgot to write the Weapon Change part lol.
#8  September 29, 2011, 11:47:04 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Yeah I knew you had something along those lines lol.
Yeah that is a good idea dude. Switch from Buster shots to maybe a series of weapons from MM games. Maybe about 3 I guess.
#9  September 29, 2011, 11:59:53 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Sonic The Hedgehog Move suggestions

For basic Attacks:
Spin Dash From Sonic 2
-If you coded his Spin Dash using the classic input (Hold down, press an attack button to rev up then release), I'd love you forever dude. Serious nostalgia points for that one. I helped BowserKoopa code a spin dash in his Tails character a while back that you could use as a bit of reference and undoubtedly improve upon. If I remember correctly I coded it so that you'll stay revved unless you release the crouch direction, multiple button presses/revs increase distance & damage of the released hit, staying revved will always hit the opponent if they touch you and if their CLSN don't out-prioritize your state, like in the old Sonic game. I believe I also coded this move as a knockdown so I guess it's a flashier, more delayed trip attack. Having classic input for a spin dash would be preferred over fireball motions IMO and set the character apart. Don't forget to include the plume of dust and debris graphic that stays attached to Sonic until you release the move.

-Sliding Kick Somersault from Sonic Adventure 2 & Sonic Advance: info

-Aerial Insta Shield
from Sonic 3 & Sonic & Knuckles: info
In Sonic 3, if you'd press a jump/attack button after your initial jump Sonic would spin and flash a white barrier around himself that inflicts damage on nearby opponents.
This could be a great homage to the classic series, I'm picturing it as a single button press, normal air attack move. Specifically it could be the second hit in his Air combo string. Would look great in a string of air normals following an aerial punch or kick.

Bounce Attack modified from Sonic 3 & Sonic Adventure 2
-An idea for an air knockdown/air combo finisher could be Sonic's bounce attack where he pounds the opponent to the ground in his ball form. Ideally this could work a bit like SF3 Alex's Knee special where it puts the opponent into a custom state and Sonic is bound to the opponent until they  land on the ground where he then flips back and off of them into his own landing state.

EDIT: Just read first post, whoops. I thought this topic was for general move discussions...my bad. :D
Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:03:53 am by Dcat
#10  September 30, 2011, 12:04:45 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Scorpion Idea 1) he engulfs himself in hellfire for a brief amount of time and whoever touches him gets burned and knocked backward. Scorpion Idea 2) a special teleport..same as his MKvsDC teleport..he goes to punch player 2 in the midsection and if he connects successfully he telports behind player 2 and does a special uppercut . Wesker Idea ) similar to Rugal he does a taunt and then rushes up to player 2. if successfull he slams them down and kicks them away  while laughing.
#11  September 30, 2011, 12:30:26 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
imma gonna treat this as a sort of dark force.
CAPCOM

1. Ryu (SF) -karmic shift, his next move becomes "evil" with red effects
2. Ken (SF)- the life- if his next move hits, it has added damage, slowtime and camera noises, maybe a spotlight shines on him
3. Alex (SF3)-he could parry stuff with that button
4. Charlie (SFA)- "shadow" run, he could dash and go through stuff with it, but be limited to just be able to use it every x seconds.
5. Chun Li (SF2)- couch throw
7. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)-herb use
8. Hinata (Rival Schools)- her photography super ( her helper attack) could come in that button and be assigned like in rival schools.
9. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)-Counter move where if hit during it, she releases her "clothes" sortof of like a luminous illusion from lilith.
10. Strider Hiryu (Strider)- his satellite super could be moved to that button.
11. Megaman (Megaman)
12. M. Bison/Vega (SF2)-Aura flare, he could gain some energy buffs for the next moves
13. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)- blodia finger , blodia could come from above with an extended finger and try to pin the opponent.
14. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) - red arremer swipe, he could jump and let it miss
15. ???
16. ???
17. ???
18. Jedah (Darkstalkers) - his original dark force yeah, santu ario
19. Leo (Red Earth)- sword shift, during the next few seconds he uses this alternate sword with different energy properties
20. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)- sunglass throw, if the sunglasses touch the enemy he can teleport into their face and kick them out.
21. Frank West (Dead Rising)- snapshot, he takes a shot stunning the opponent for a second ( and making a polaroid appear)

THE WORLD

1. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) -wolf mode, with wolf effects added to the next moves he does ( and talbain sound fx )
2. K' (KoF) -a mode where he zips up his jacket and looks less weird. Okay okay, how about a mode where his red fist becomes on fire consistently and his normals have a firetrail
3. Lynn Baker (Rage of the Dragons)-the target combo from the game
4. Tizoc (Garou: MOTW)-Performance, a dashing throw, if he connects  spotlight and microphone appears as he taunts the opponent before crashing them down.
5. Captain America (Marvel) -Shield expert, by pressing it and a direction he throws the shield so that it reflects on the wall( or ceiling, or floor) in that direction and after that auto targets the opponent and comes back to his hand.
6. Solid Snake (MGS)-roll dive escape, if done during a hit, he can jump back with the impact and roll to safety.
7. Rorschach (Watchmen/DC)- Beatdown, if the opponent is grounded, he can pull off a pipe and beat the shit out of them for added damage.
8. Jin Kazama (Tekken) - Dodge/Sidestep (like in the early KoF games)
9. Blaze (Streets of Rage)- A small square on the corner of the screen shows a cop car screeching to an halt, a hail of bullets hit the screen after, can only be done once per fight.
10. CM Punk (WWE) - Evasive Roll (forward and backwards)
11. Squall Leonhart (FFVIII) - Draw, he could draw different types of magic from a opponent, hit it again for release.
12. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - If you were able to draw his ssj hair, he could turn super sayan, if not, well he could have his energy charge ( or give me your power charge) in there.
13. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Cold Palms (charging attack that is unblockable at full charge)
14. Dr. Doom (Marvel)- he could summon a doom bot for explosive damage, it could resit a couple attacks, or even have doom dividing into two , but not being clear which one is the real.
15. Det. Garret Laurel (SHADEs of Manhattan 2) - he could flash a light on the opponent eyes for stunning them.
16. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)- directional spear attack, instead of being aimed at the opponent it grabs the ceiling wall or floor and puls scorpion towards the direction
17. Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros.) -Lakitu drops by and throws a spiney.
18. Gambit (X-Men) - charge a card and drop it, if stepped on, it explodes.
19. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) - A monitor drops with one of several effects.
20. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)- same as blaze, just a different gun, maybe the mortar shot
21. Blue Streak (Diepod Original) - electrocution hold

SUB BOSS

1. ???

FINAL BOSS

2. Asura (Rugal/Akuma Fusion)- vice and mature drop from above and accompany him one by each side, attacking with him for a short period of time.
#12  September 30, 2011, 12:48:00 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Giving some thought.  UT for Capcom's side.

~Ryu - Charged special moves, working in the same manner as SFxT.

~Ken - Special moves performed with the UT button gives him MvC2/XvsSF properties.  Let's say, he used Tatsumaki.  UT input, it becomes MvC2-like.

~Alex - Depends on the version you're aiming.  SF3 style overhead but leading to a combo afterwards.  A special move with UT+attck input gives him access to parrying for a short while.  Super move last very long.

~Charlie - Alternative EX function if the input for special moves is UT+basic attack.  He could be the only character with 2 EX of the same move.

~Chun-Li - SF4 Style Focus Attack working similar to MvC3-Viper or just leave it by default.

~Jill Valentine - Healing herb, can be done up to 5 times.  Out of Capcom's side, I really don't have much ideas for this once.

~Hinata - 5th attack button so she can extend her combos/aerial raves.  Supers done with UT in an input gives her RS-style Team-Ups with Batsu/Kyosuke/Ran Hibiki/Sakura.  Choice depends.

~Morrigan - Dark Force activation.

~Strider Hiryu - His Excalibur is mapped to this button and can be used freely depending on the direction.

~Megaman - Mega-Buster move.  A Super done with this input gives him a stat boost.

~Dictator - UT allows him to shift his special moves with different proprieties.  Psycho Crusher becomes Psycho Orb after pressing UT.

~Jin Saotome - Special Attacks done with UT does more damage but saps a bit of his health.

~Arthur - All projectile based moves can only be done with UT, motions and stuff.

~Jedah - Attacks done with UT drains health from the opponent.

~Leo - Weapon change, pretty much what was said before.

~Albert Wesker - This is going to sound complicated.  My idea is having a one-button combo system with UT only.  After UT, he gains access to extended moves with UT like F-UT continues combos, U-UT is an overhead and jump cancelled, D-UT is a crouching move, and B-UT cancels the entire process to normal stance.  You can rave it for up to 5 hits and even add special moves to the mix.

~Frank West - Close range snapshot, stun added if hit connects.
Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:15:18 am by Kirishima
#13  September 30, 2011, 01:02:51 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Having Scorpion pull himself towards anything would be more like Mavado and not himself.
#14  September 30, 2011, 02:42:31 am
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
#15  September 30, 2011, 02:52:20 am
"The World's" side for UT.

~Terry Bogard -  A separate gauge is added.  Holding UT charged up that gauge and allows for Terry's custom Supers, at the cost of a meter in the regular gauge.  When Terry is at critical health, Super Motions done with UT+Attack does not consume meter, similar to S-Groove's style, pretty much the same.

~K' - KoF-style power stock.  Self-explanatory.

~Lynn Baker - Same input as in RotD, except after it hits, Lynn will be close to the opponent instead of running and the moving staggering in slowness.  Can be used in the air to extend aerial combos.  Super UT allows extending combos.

~Tizoc - Counter move.  Different properties when standing or crouching.  Can be done in air.

~Captain America - MvC3 style cartwheel.

~Solid Snake - Tosses grenades.  After usage, it stays for a few seconds until it explodes.  Can be done in air.  When at critical health, he tosses more grenades.

~Rorschach - Ryoko Asakura appears from nowhere to cheer Dashing tackle with Super Armor. Knocks the opponent and can be followed up with a combo.

~Blaze - UT input is a Speed increase for a short while after pressing it.  At critical health, the length for the speed boost is increased along with a power boost.

~Squall Leonhart - Firaga.  It's a straight dash that covers both directions, but leaves himself open after use for a short while.

~Goku - Holding UT increases energy (only if Goku's Ki and special moves consume meter as part of his gameplay).

~Doctor Doom - UT gives him flight mode.

~Garret Laurel - Pistol move, also for recharging.  Special moves done with UT+Attack are for pistol related moves.

~Scorpion - If Charlie is the only Capcom character with 2 EX-function of the same move, so can Scorpion.  Same thing as Charlie with having different versions of EX-moves with done with UT.  If Scorpion has 2 stocks of meter, he has the ability to do a MK9-style counter with UT at the cost of it, except it does minor damage to the opponent.

~Koopa Troopa -  Withdraws into his shell to knockback the opponent after pressing UT.  Really small hitbox and can also be done on air.

~Gambit - I really have not much to say, just like Jill.  UT could have him do a strong attack that if done as a counter hit, he can follow up with a combo.  If done with a regular hit, regular stuff but the damage is moderately high.

~Axel Stone - UT is a Spiral punch at the cost of little health.  Heavy Damage.

~Bluestreak - Diepod's choice.
#16  September 30, 2011, 08:14:31 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
There are some good ideas here, but I think a lot of the stuff you guys are suggesting is stuff that would need limitations or a meter or something like that. I'm not sure if I want to go that far into it. Stuff like the Universal Overhead for Alex is what I was thinking of, maybe flight activation for Morrigan or Dr. Doom and that target combo thing from RotD for Lynn (all of which have been suggested). The UT button also wouldn't be usable with special moves because it's being used with Supers, so using the UT button to enhance specials isn't going to work.

If I added a meter system, it would probably be a meter that is always regenerating slowly, and different characters' UT uses up different amounts of meter (like CM Punk's roll would use a small amount, like 1/8th or 1/6th, but a big thing like Karmic Shift or some kind of enhancement/transformation would use more like 1/2 or maybe all of the bar).

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:18:23 am by Sean CenAltly
#17  September 30, 2011, 04:54:14 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Actually that sounds pretty good..
#18  September 30, 2011, 08:35:21 pm
Sounds complicated.
#19  September 30, 2011, 09:36:37 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Bluestreak's UT would be "The Goddamn," or his "Violent Outburst."
Spriting is hard.
#20  June 21, 2012, 01:31:03 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated the first post with Unique Tactics that have been decided upon. I used some of your guys' ideas, so thanks for helping out. Let me know what you think.

Download Last Bout now!
#21  June 21, 2012, 02:11:48 am
Ha, I got 2 of my suggestions. I forgot I even suggested anything in this topic. It looks good to me, except of course for the blank ones but I'm sure you've got those covered.
#22  June 22, 2012, 08:16:48 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
since I'm coding Morrigan for Sean I need ideas for her Unique Tactic..so far Sean has stated that Jedah would have limited flight capabilites...

should Morrigan just have the same as Jedah since she can fly too? or give her something new? lemme get some ideas outta yer brains..no bath salts necessary..lol

#23  June 22, 2012, 02:06:20 pm
I did suggest the fly dash when I first suggested a UT, but if you can code her a more limited and better balanced Dark Force that would be better than flight.
#24  June 22, 2012, 06:23:22 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
well I thought of a few suggestions..

1) Seductive Kiss- she blows a kiss at the enemy and if successfully done it will either 1)stun the enemy or 2) cause them to go into a temporary trance and walk towards her with hearts floating above her head for about 1-2 seconds. she has to act fast though cuz the effects are very temporary and it uses up power so you'd have to be quick about it.

2)Soul Jump-aka superjump which is higher than CvS super jump but not as high as the MvC version of superjump. she launches herself straight in the air and is controllable after she jumps up. meaning if you hold right while she superjumps she'll launch herself forward and back for backwards..if neutral she'll just jump straight up. this would cost a bit of power too but not much

3)Soul Barrier- Morrigan uses an aura shield to absorb power at the cost of half damage meaning whatever they throw at you is absorbed but you take a smal amount of damage..this would cost no power but would have a so/so startup time so you have to time it right for all attacks. this would be best for those spamming hadoukens and such. you take half damage but gain some good power by it. think Rugal's shield move that reflects projectile.It would not reflect attacks though. it'd be a good use towards gaining power but at a small cost.

4)Soul Drill- Morrigan charges up an attack that makes her arm a drill...depending on the length of time you charged the attack the more hits it does. that or I might have it like Berserker Barrage where if you mash the UT button it does more hits.id yet.

what do you guys think?
#25  June 22, 2012, 10:50:48 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
i dunno much but ill try
Theres the ability to be untouchable for a small amount of time,to fly,to replenish your Ki a.k.a. Chi,to absorb a hit,which will give the character chi,the ability to jump and hold on to the wall,the end of the screen that is,to replenish your health(Elena from SF3 could do that),To make a copy of yourself which will aid you in battle for a short amount of time,MvC jump(press down,then up,and the jump then goes higher),to regain something during the taunt,to become invisible(Like Reptile from MK),to use Excel,like in Street Fighter EX,that makes you faster,and also 60% more chance to chain a combo
Hope any of this helped
#26  June 23, 2012, 10:00:38 am
    • USA
Just go with Cazaki's suggestion.
#27  June 23, 2012, 10:04:40 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
the problem with that is it's already done instead of a run/dash as state 100..I have her able to adjust her angle of ascent while front dashing and I'm working on some custom sprites so she can actually do the same backwards too like POTS Morrigan
#28  July 13, 2012, 09:48:10 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
So, as I mentioned earlier, I will be implementing a bar that limits how frequently you can use your Unique Tactic. It will operate on a level system, as in, different characters' UT's will be different "levels," which determines how much of the bar it uses.

-The bar is separated into 8 increments
-Level 1 Unique tactics deplete One segment of the bar
-Level 2 Unique Tactics deplete Two segments of the bar
-Level 3 Unique Tactics deplete Four segments of the bar, or half of the total bar
-The more powerful/useful a Unique Tactic is, the higher level it is. for example, CM Punk's Evasive Roll would be a Level 1 Unique Tactic. Chun-Li's Focus Attack would be a Level 2 Unique Tactic. Haggar's Lariat, rather than deplete life like in the Public release version, would instead be a Level 3 Unique Tactic, and would have complete invincibility.
-The bar refills slowly over time

Now, let's discuss what levels you think each Unique Tactic should be. Refer to the first post for a list of finalized Unique Tactics. What do you think?

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions (Updated 7/13 with NEW INFO)
#29  July 13, 2012, 10:54:47 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Since I won't be adding her drill hyper I decided on going with something simple. She can fly a short distance and do her drill attack while in this state which would cancel the dash state out. She doesn't do much damage here but it is a good combo starter. It's easy..you press the direction you wanna go( depending on which way yer facing) and use UT. During her short flight you can press UT again for a drill attack that can hit up to 3 or 5 times. The attack power is weak but it's meant as an aerial move you can combo into.
#30  July 13, 2012, 02:41:55 pm
    • USA
Comboing with a move that doesn't do much damage seems very counter productive when you keep damage scaling in mind.  It's the reason you never see anyone incorporate light attacks into air combos in MVC3 and Melty Blood.
#31  July 13, 2012, 09:00:42 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Hey Garret could use one his attacks as a UT I saw the manual in SHADES 2 about move of Garret involving his partner the partner can sneak up from behind Garret can take the advantage.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#32  July 13, 2012, 09:01:45 pm
    • USA
Also I think Punk's roll should be free.  He would be seriously crippled without it.
#33  July 13, 2012, 09:06:09 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
It being free would defeat the point of the bar though.

Download Last Bout now!
#34  July 13, 2012, 09:20:55 pm
    • USA
You could make it a command move and give him a new one, something that would make better use of the meter.  I honestly can't think of any variation for the multiple levels of a roll other than distance and invulnerability time.
#35  July 13, 2012, 09:33:12 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
I think youre misunderstanding; the roll itself wont have levels. The levels just refer to how much meter each individual unique tactic takes and practicality.

For each character.
#36  July 13, 2012, 09:36:48 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, each character won't have different levels of Unique Tactic, they're Unique tactic is classified by level. Punk's is a Level 1, so it only uses 1 bar. That means he can do 8 of them back to back, plus the meter refills over time.

Download Last Bout now!
#37  July 13, 2012, 10:14:02 pm
So, as I mentioned earlier, I will be implementing a bar that limits how frequently you can use your Unique Tactic. It will operate on a level system, as in, different characters' UT's will be different "levels," which determines how much of the bar it uses.

-Level 3 Unique Tactics deplete Four segments of the bar, or half of the total bar
-The more powerful/useful a Unique Tactic is, the higher level it is. for example, CM Punk's Evasive Roll would be a Level 1 Unique Tactic. Chun-Li's Focus Attack would be a Level 2 Unique Tactic. Haggar's Lariat, rather than deplete life like in the Public release version, would instead be a Level 3 Unique Tactic, and would have complete invincibility.

Now, let's discuss what levels you think each Unique Tactic should be. Refer to the first post for a list of finalized Unique Tactics. What do you think?

This is a pretty decent idea to expand upon the UT system, I can dig it for now, and sure I'll give you some opinions on the levels of the UTs.

Also I think Punk's roll should be free.  He would be seriously crippled without it.

Not even close. Punk's roll is part of what makes him so OP now (That and his counter that doesn't have conventional drawbacks.). Punk is getting redone anyway, well if Sean hasn't changed his mind.
#38  July 13, 2012, 10:32:46 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
We talked about his counter already.

As far as his counter goes, Geese's counters come out instantly (at least on PotS' and Warusaki's versions), and on Warusaki's CVS Karin, they come out in 3 ticks (just like Punk's). The window is 20 ticks (Geese's is 14 and Karin's is 20). So as far as how they work, I think it's fine. If anything, I'll add a "missed grab" anim like Geese has, so that you know he can be attacked.

Functionally, it's the same as any other counter special. All I'm doing is changing the animation so that the recovery is more obvious. The AI just abuses it badly. Anyone with a counter special like that could have AI programmed to abuse it. I know your response to this was "Regardless of how other creators do it i still think the counter is too quick," but why should I ignore how they do it when they're regarded as great creators who are fairly accurate to source?

EDIT: Just downloaded Vans' Geese. Vans is considered crazy accurate. His Geese's counters have instant start-up and an 18 frame window. The command is a HCB command, but that would only hinder human players, not the AI.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:37:25 pm by Sean Altly
#39  July 13, 2012, 10:35:21 pm
    • USA
Lol Punk OP, let's see....he has no long range options and limited pokes, so he gets destroyed by zoners and keepaway.  And his counter isn't that bad at all, albeit it is a little safe/hard to punish.  You can always just sweep him if he goes high, or just throw him if he does it randomly.  His hypers are also all situational.  You really are starting to sound like one of those guys who gets beat by a character on PSN/XBL and then goes on SRK to complain about how broken they supposedly are.
#40  July 13, 2012, 10:39:59 pm
I'm actually not complaining about it, I know we already talked about the counter and I've opted to simply remove it from Punk's AI. I'm saying that his roll being limited doesn't cripple him at all whatsoever. I think my hang up is how counters have been handled in AE make the CvS counters seem a bit too forgiving.

EDIT for response: The only zoners/keepaway characters that can keep him away successfully aren't even CvS style of characters, for the most part. He has a command dash made specifically to get in, and it's completely safe if you use it right. If you're fighting the AI the AI can read which counter to use so punishing him is out of the question for the most part. His main level 1 hyper can be hit confirmed from anything but his dropkick so I don't see your point about situational hypers. If your close to Punk you will get command grab hyper'd and most characters in MUGEN don't have Capcom style anti-grapple tactics, plus it's pretty hard to hit him out of his level 3. He doesn't need the roll, the roll is an unneccessary move to fight against characters that he doesn't even struggle to fight.
Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:53:33 pm by Cazaki
#41  July 13, 2012, 11:02:47 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
I dont like how counters are handled in AE. So meh. I prefer the cvs2/older counter style, but whatever works I guess.
-
Being able to use a roll up to 8 times with gauge recovery over time doesnt sound that harsh tbh. I think you're overreacting a tad.
-
How fast of a recovery do you have in mind btw?

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#42  July 14, 2012, 03:18:51 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@Cazaki

His AI is a beast, but I really think you're overselling this whole thing. You're literally the only person I've heard complain that he's OP.

Download Last Bout now!
#43  July 14, 2012, 03:27:15 am
Again, I stepped off. I noticed that I'm the only person who thinks this, I'm just going against MC2 because I still feel that the roll limit isn't "crippling" to CM Punk. I'm not pressing you to change anything Sean.

SNT

#44  July 14, 2012, 12:24:20 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
If this UT meter will be seperate from the regular super meter, why not make Morrigan's UT her Dark Harmonizer assist?
#45  July 14, 2012, 06:02:43 pm
    • USA
Or her new leeching Soul Fist from UMVC3?
#46  July 14, 2012, 09:59:29 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
The issue is I already gave her short range flight with a multiple hit drill attack. It does about 15-20 damage per hit except for the 1st damage frame..it goes 30+20+20..etc..it can hit up to 5 times to it can do some hefty damage but you either have to be in the launcher state(40000-50000) or her short range flight. There is no blocking while she's in this state so an offensive move covers that. If there's a meter implemented I'll have to change this but I'd like to keep the flight+drill attack. It's an homage to her classic move. I think she shouts "Spike!" or something. Her normal dash is just a forward dash except she's using her jets to glide forward. I'll have to talk to Sean about it since this is his game after all. What he says goes.
#47  July 15, 2012, 03:45:12 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I don't know if someone has suggested this yet, but if you're basing Jill on MvC2 her unique tactic should be switching between the different grenade ammo available in Nemesis: Flame, Ice, and Acid. Maybe Flame makes a fire on the ground if it misses and Acid poisons, I dunno.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#48  July 22, 2012, 09:49:50 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA

I see a problem already that concerns Goku's power charge UT since it's a loop animation . . . how would that work, since you have to hold down the UT button to charge the super meter?

But I do have a list for some of them that you have set so far:

CAPCOM

1. Ryu (SF) - Karmic Shift (LvL 2)
2. Ken (SF) - Educated Feet (LvL 1)
3. Alex (SF3) - Universal Overhead (Unsure)
4. Charlie (SFA) - Alpha Counter (Unsure)
5. Chun Li (SF2) - Focus Attack (LvL 1 or 2)
6. Mr. X (Resident Evil 2) - Shoulder Smash (LvL 1)
10. Megaman (Megaman) - Weapon Switch (LvL 1)
12. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots) - Bulk Up (LvL 3)
13. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) - Lance Throw (LvL 1 for spamability)
14. Haggar (Final Fight) - Spinning Lariat (LvL 2 or 3)
15. Crimson Viper (Street Fighter IV) - Focus Attack (LvL 1 or 2)
16. Jedah (Darkstalkers) - Dark Force (LvL 2)
17. Leo (Red Earth)
18. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Phantom Move (LvL 2)
19. Frank West (Dead Rising) - Snapshot (LvL 1)

THE WORLD

1. K' (KoF) - Ignite (LvL 3)
2. Lynn Baker (Rage of the Dragons) - First Impact (LvL 2)
4. Captain America (Marvel) - Cartwheel (LvL 1)
5. Solid Snake (MGS) - Stealth Camo (LvL 2)
7. Jin Kazama (Tekken) - Power Stance (LvL 2)
8. Blaze (Streets of Rage) - Embukyaku (LvL 3)
9. CM Punk (WWE) - Evasive Roll (LvL 1)
11. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - Power Charge (Unsure)
12. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Cold Palms (LvL 1-3 depending on how long it's held down for)
13. Det. Garret Laurel (SHADEs of Manhattan 2) - Reload (LvL 1)
16. Gambit (X-Men) - Charge Card (LvL 2)
19. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) - Sidestep (LvL 1)
Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:54:57 pm by The Sudden Freak
#49  July 23, 2012, 05:09:07 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Those are good suggestions. As far as Goku's power charge goes, whatever level it is, it only depletes the UT guage when it first activates. if the opponent lets him stand there and keep charging, it's there fault. I'll probably go with L2 for that one.

Download Last Bout now!
#50  July 23, 2012, 07:34:28 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I'm gonna send you an early preview..not the product but an early preview of the true product for Morrigan so you can decide what to do with her UT
#51  July 23, 2012, 10:43:02 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
will Goku have new sprites or will he use Balthazars sprites?
#52  July 24, 2012, 12:15:40 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I'm using Balthazar's sprites. The shading fits in with CVS, but the proportions don't. His hair looks terrible when scaled though, so I'm still deciding on what to do.

Download Last Bout now!
#53  July 24, 2012, 06:14:34 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
For Squall's UT, maybe have it work like Draw in FF8, except with power meter (though granted having this as a projectile attack may be asking too much) or, in the very least, have it add a significant amount to Squall's meter if it hits without dealing damage or stealing meter (like 250 or 500 or something depending on level)
Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:19:23 pm by RicePigeon
#54  July 24, 2012, 06:25:15 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
for sonic's ut, why not have the selection of abilities like rocket, laser, etc. from sonic colors?
#55  July 24, 2012, 06:33:22 pm
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#56  July 24, 2012, 06:42:14 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#57  July 24, 2012, 06:43:28 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
for Gokus UT why not Kaioken,to make him stronger and faster,or a SSj transformation,maybe instant transmisson a.k.a. teleport
#58  July 25, 2012, 08:11:23 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I'm not into DBZ much, but I've been told by quite a few DBZ fans that the power charge makes perfect sense for him.

Download Last Bout now!
#59  July 25, 2012, 08:22:50 am
It's perfect for a fighting game. Kaioken is Goku Z2's level 3, super saiyan forms are his secret winposes, and not actually possible in-game due to reasons explained 4 billion times.
#60  July 25, 2012, 06:20:27 pm

I see a problem already that concerns Goku's power charge UT since it's a loop animation . . . how would that work, since you have to hold down the UT button to charge the super meter?

But I do have a list for some of them that you have set so far:

CAPCOM

1. Ryu (SF) - Karmic Shift (LvL 2)
2. Ken (SF) - Educated Feet (LvL 1)
3. Alex (SF3) - Universal Overhead (Unsure)
4. Charlie (SFA) - Alpha Counter (Unsure)
5. Chun Li (SF2) - Focus Attack (LvL 1 or 2)
6. Mr. X (Resident Evil 2) - Shoulder Smash (LvL 1)
10. Megaman (Megaman) - Weapon Switch (LvL 1)
12. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots) - Bulk Up (LvL 3)
13. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) - Lance Throw (LvL 1 for spamability)
14. Haggar (Final Fight) - Spinning Lariat (LvL 2 or 3)
15. Crimson Viper (Street Fighter IV) - Focus Attack (LvL 1 or 2)
16. Jedah (Darkstalkers) - Dark Force (LvL 2)
17. Leo (Red Earth)
18. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Phantom Move (LvL 2)
19. Frank West (Dead Rising) - Snapshot (LvL 1)

THE WORLD

1. K' (KoF) - Ignite (LvL 3)
2. Lynn Baker (Rage of the Dragons) - First Impact (LvL 2)
4. Captain America (Marvel) - Cartwheel (LvL 1)
5. Solid Snake (MGS) - Stealth Camo (LvL 2)
7. Jin Kazama (Tekken) - Power Stance (LvL 2)
8. Blaze (Streets of Rage) - Embukyaku (LvL 3)
9. CM Punk (WWE) - Evasive Roll (LvL 1)
11. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - Power Charge (Unsure)
12. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Cold Palms (LvL 1-3 depending on how long it's held down for)
13. Det. Garret Laurel (SHADEs of Manhattan 2) - Reload (LvL 1)
16. Gambit (X-Men) - Charge Card (LvL 2)
19. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) - Sidestep (LvL 1)

You left some characters behind
#61  July 26, 2012, 05:02:51 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
You left some characters behind

That was purposeful, since the UT's for some of the characters haven't been specified yet.  And the bosses have been omitted from the lineup, at least their names have been since they're only signified by "???".  But if I did miss some, point them out to me.
#62  July 27, 2012, 06:31:20 am
Regarding Goku, why not add a separate bar for Ki levels connected to projectile based moves of his as well a few more like quick air dash?  That way his UT will only work for these settings instead of Super Meter energy.
#63  January 10, 2013, 01:36:54 pm
If there still isn't a UT for Morrigan yet, what about the variant of her Soul Fist from UMVC3? The version that absorbs a bit of super gauge on impact, I mean. It's a rather slow projectile, and by giving it a decent cooldown time, it shouldn't be too easy to abuse in terms of spamming, but could be a good addition with some clever uses. Just a thought though, really - I wouldn't know off the top of my head if it could or couldn't be easily balanced and such.

One possibility for Koopa (or Mario) would be a Warp Pipe teleport. Not sure how it would be used, but I just thought the idea could be rather easily implemented.

I'll toss out more ideas if I think of any.
#64  January 10, 2013, 04:18:00 pm
  • Top Lil.
    • Mexico
    • sites.google.com/site/nameless353/
Well, since Tizoc doesn't have a UT, what do you think about using something like the T.O.P. gauge from Mark of the Wolves? You know, giving him life recovery, some special defense tactics like just defend and increased attack for a short time, spending 4 levels of the UT gauge.
#65  January 11, 2013, 01:10:40 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If Bison isn't going to have his Warp as a special, maybe that'd work as his UT. Not much else to work with for him, sadly.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#66  January 11, 2013, 01:13:19 am
    • dbdrummer7@gmail.com
I'd like to suggest Haste for Squall, temporary speed up. Or, alternatively, you could slow down the opponent's next move.
#67  January 24, 2013, 01:25:33 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
An alternative for megaman could be a burst shot, with bullets that are smaller and resemble the ones from the original game and not the big MVC styled ones.

Scorpion - Hellfire *unless you make it a command as in the games themselves* where the fire comes from under the opponent and burns them
Axel - His energy draining punch combo from the games themselves.
Tizoc - Just Defend (that way it limits usage and has to be used more strategically)
Koopa - I dunno, maybe something like quick soccer ball kick *I guess kinda like Megaman and Rockball* or random Mario Kart items
Sonic - If you have the sprites maybe the spring jump from Brawl, or Fire/Bubble shield charges like in Sonic 3
Leo - Magic type change
Hinata - Double Guts team up attack/support action one, probably the support if strikers are added
Morrigan - Seductive kiss - blows a kiss at the opponent to enchant them/basically stun them for a brief moment or, if not a stun, if it connects it weakens the opponents defense for a few seconds, if not blocked.
#68  January 24, 2013, 01:03:32 pm
UT wer great some are either funny pose some are like a charge of power and some are like counter attack
#69  January 24, 2013, 02:47:52 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
The shield mechanic that Rajaa uses in his characters would be a good UT for some characters. It's basically a manual parry. I'd increase the enemy pausetime or send them into a custom hit state for counter attack. Immediate startup lasting 4-7 frames, 20-30 frames of recovery if whiffed. Sounds fitting for a Lvl2 UT. And easy to code as you can just use a reversedef.

And of course, you can use a toned down advancing guard. It could only push the opponent out of sweep distance/half screen instead of 3/4-full screen. Also a Lvl2.
#70  January 25, 2013, 12:46:48 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Actually I think about it, and Weapon Change for a UT would be a bit strange, wouldn't this mean he only has a limited amount of times he can change weapons during a round? If anything I'd say make this part of his taunt instead.
#71  April 25, 2013, 04:13:28 am
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
For Goku you should make his UT kaio-ken but make it work like it did in Super DBZ for ps2. It would drain a chunk of health for an instant 1000 power bar boost. That would get rid of having to hold the button down the button.