YesNoOk

Goku Z2 by Cybalthazar - Updated 30/08/2011 (Read 101958 times)

Started by Cybaster, August 30, 2011, 12:05:46 am
Share this topic:
Re: Goku Z2 by Cybalthazar - Updated 30/08/2011
#61  September 01, 2011, 03:49:33 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Bug report: In Arcade mode, if GokuZ2 meets up with GokuZ2 (I've only encountered in Team Arcade), you can trigger the Challenge mode in arcade, and the opponent will not attack you, just jump around and derp all over the place.
This means that in Arcade mode, you and the opponent had Max power at the beginning of the round (did you press F3 or something, or had a cheap partner ?), and you pressed Start too. Why would you do that ?

Still, awesome character, first slot on my competitive team, and can't wait for all compatibilities to be fixed (Dash collision with other chars, Beam struggle, etc)
Fix ? What fix ? It's not my job to add compatibility with other characters. It's the other creators' job to add compatibility with Goku, if they want to.

#62  September 01, 2011, 04:00:28 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Bug report: In Arcade mode, if GokuZ2 meets up with GokuZ2 (I've only encountered in Team Arcade), you can trigger the Challenge mode in arcade, and the opponent will not attack you, just jump around and derp all over the place.
This means that in Arcade mode, you and the opponent had Max power at the beginning of the round (did you press F3 or something, or had a cheap partner ?), and you pressed Start too. Why would you do that ?

Still, awesome character, first slot on my competitive team, and can't wait for all compatibilities to be fixed (Dash collision with other chars, Beam struggle, etc)
Fix ? What fix ? It's not my job to add compatibility with other characters. It's the other creators' job to add compatibility with Goku, if they want to.
I had full power, and I wanted a challenge, so I increased the other Goku's power to see if I could have a challenge, and when I saw the message, I decided to check and see if it'd work. It did.
I meant that other creators add things to comply with this piece of epic win.

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#63  September 01, 2011, 04:03:29 am
    • France
Huh! But Challenge mode is the "trial mode", not "let's have a challenge by beating the AI" mode. :gonk:
Bleh, not a bug for me, and there's no way I know of to really detect if you're in training mode or not, so ...
#64  September 01, 2011, 04:09:50 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Huh! But Challenge mode is the "trial mode", not "let's have a challenge by beating the AI" mode. :gonk:
Bleh, not a bug for me, and there's no way I know of to really detect if you're in training mode or not, so ...
Just figured I'd throw it out there. And by challenge, I was hoping that the AI would be some form of challenge with access to supers and that at the beginning

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#65  September 01, 2011, 07:34:25 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
One small thing I'd probably suggest to add (but not totally necessary) would be to add the input command during the trial mode so you can see the buttons needed. Like I said it's not totally necessary but it's a nice thing to have, so people can learn the character a bit more easily, I like the idea you have of unlocks for doing it though :)
#66  September 01, 2011, 07:51:56 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
We thought about that, but it will probably eat up too much of the screen and clutter it.
There's the readme you can enjoy reading first, and the Easy Challenge Mode to perform all the moves. By the time you do the Medium Challenge Mode you won't even need the ingame imput list ;)
#67  September 01, 2011, 08:05:04 am
    • France
Indeed, too much stuff on screen would clutter it and make everything unreadable.
#68  September 01, 2011, 09:00:10 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
#69  September 01, 2011, 10:49:10 am
    • USA
That is a glitch with the engine, it happens with every char (Do a super like K's Chain Drive and it will miss hits once time's over).

Cybaster, I suggest you to stop the timer once you hit with those cinematic supers.

btw, how are you even going to include that combo in my video if the instructions are so long? :gonk:
Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:53:15 am by Rednavi
#70  September 01, 2011, 11:46:19 am
    • France
OKay, I'll have to put a "timer stop" on this move. Thanks for the report. :)

btw, how are you even going to include that combo in my video if the instructions are so long? :gonk:
I'll put several commands (the basics), on the same line. :P
#71  September 01, 2011, 11:53:46 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
#72  September 01, 2011, 11:59:14 am
    • France
What are you showing exactly ? Was Tetsu supposed to kill Goku here or not ?
And this is the kind of move that's easily fixed with a timer stop assertspecial.
#73  September 01, 2011, 12:06:01 pm
    • USA
#74  September 01, 2011, 12:13:46 pm
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
@Cybaster
i was just showing that the energy ball of goku was supposed to touch his target even if the time is up
if you look tetu's energy ball is touching his target even if the time is up.
@RedNavi
Ok rednavi i will try another super to be exaclty fixed
and like cybaster said your timer stop method can solve that right ?
Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:22:07 pm by methiou
#75  September 01, 2011, 12:27:53 pm
    • USA
Not gonna get fixed if the time's over before the super connects, in which case... Cybaster, null the hitdef for the initial dash if roundstate>2 so it wont hit if time's over (And also make sure it wont hit the nearest enemy if he's dead before, just an extra detail I often include in this kind of supers).
#76  September 01, 2011, 03:40:18 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
He has AI?

Works in Mugen 1.0?

PS: Very good char! I love this Goku, he's awesome!  ;D

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#77  September 02, 2011, 12:54:19 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
We thought about that, but it will probably eat up too much of the screen and clutter it.
There's the readme you can enjoy reading first, and the Easy Challenge Mode to perform all the moves. By the time you do the Medium Challenge Mode you won't even need the ingame imput list ;)

I guess you're right about that, but like I said it was minor, more of a small convenience :p. Hmm how about the ability to change hitspark type, I don't know how difficult that would be. However since you have so many variety of palettes, at least stuff like the SF3 hitsparks as an option in the config would be a bit nice, but more of an aesthetic thing really, and not really needed.
#78  September 03, 2011, 07:09:00 am
Jesus. I can't find anything wrong with this character.  :???: I'm still trying to find these secret things coded into the character but I can't find anything.
#79  September 03, 2011, 07:29:16 am
    • France
how about the ability to change hitspark type, I don't know how difficult that would be. However since you have so many variety of palettes, at least stuff like the SF3 hitsparks as an option in the config would be a bit nice, but more of an aesthetic thing really, and not really needed.
Bleh, not motivated to do something like that... at all. :P

1) Jesus. I can't find anything wrong with this character.  :???:
2) I'm still trying to find these secret things coded into the character but I can't find anything.
1) I think that's actually a good point. ;P
2) Well, hidden winposes as well as passwords to be obtained in Challenge mode. 8)

#80  September 03, 2011, 07:47:27 am
I suck. I can't beat level 7 (That's the SK Hurricane -> Meteor Kick right? Can't check atm.) of Kami's challenges, I'll revisit it later I guess but for now I'm just going to T_T.