YesNoOk

Cruz's Projects: ????? ??? [Divinewolf] (Read 256013 times)

Started by Cruz, December 02, 2015, 12:21:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cruz's Projects: Shermie [Divinewolf] - CS by morbidjoe!
#221  October 10, 2017, 06:02:40 am
    • USA
    • z.e.r.o.7360@aol.com

- No one has made these. Thanks man!
- I feel that might be a bit much for EX Axle Spin Kick to wall bounce as I think she can already do a lot of damage currently.
- I'll make EX Shermie Whip not move back as quickly to hopefully make it easier to combo into.

Ah, alright, no worries. Still dig it all the same. ^^

Got a few more for ya

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#222  October 10, 2017, 07:20:19 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#223  October 12, 2017, 03:58:23 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
#224  October 12, 2017, 10:44:53 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
nice pals, guys!!

BTW, sorry, I cannot fix the NGBC type regular palette I made for this character.
Using the template without compatibility with the character make a problem to me.
If someone can fix it, it's OK, otherwise, just keep it buggy like that.
As a reminder, the only problem is in the white color type :
-jacket is the true white color
-skirt is wrong
-boots is wrong
#225  October 13, 2017, 12:31:49 am
    • USA
    • z.e.r.o.7360@aol.com
#226  October 14, 2017, 09:13:35 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
I need more PSN friends
Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:24:17 pm by morbidjoe
#227  October 18, 2017, 01:30:36 am
  • A.K.A. NED
not sure if this is what you guys meant but I took out any extra colors for each of shermies ability sprites that they don't use
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2lgeww04evekwc/shermie_ability_sprites.rar

edit: p.s. I fixed the mistake i did to Nedflandeurse NGBC pallate sorry for my mistake http://www.mediafire.com/file/p67k1bmq4boa16o/Nedflandeurse_NGBC.act

Thanks for the palette update.
I think Cruz will add it to the next update! :)

About lightning effects, as we talked about it, they have to be converted into CVS-pots style.
I'm sure people here would know how to do it with photoshop or something.
#228  October 19, 2017, 12:49:53 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
well least i took out those unnecessary extra colors i do have photoshop myself however its still new to me i usually use painttool SAI (not for my mugen stuff though)
I need more PSN friends
Re: Cruz's Projects: Shermie [Divinewolf] - Last Beta?
#229  October 19, 2017, 06:59:44 pm
    • Canada
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
#230  October 20, 2017, 12:31:21 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
love it
I need more PSN friends
#231  October 20, 2017, 07:31:46 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Nice update!
I just want to say combo from close HK to forward MK seems strange visually.
It almost give the feeling she "teleport" to another position or something...
THis is just my opinion.

Lightning leg lariat is cool!
but the lightning effect sequence make it strange.
I can't remember how the move actually acts in the real game.
But making p2 waiting during this sequence is kind of strange.
I might be wrong.

Anyway, this is still some great job!!
#232  October 20, 2017, 09:42:23 pm
    • USA
    • z.e.r.o.7360@aol.com
Lightning leg lariat is cool!
but the lightning effect sequence make it strange.
I can't remember how the move actually acts in the real game.
But making p2 waiting during this sequence is kind of strange.
I might be wrong.

Anyway, this is still some great job!!

Yeah, pretty much this. In most cases, P2 usually bounces off the wall once at maximum screen distance and runs back at Shermie during the screen flashes. Aside from that, the move looks great!
#233  October 20, 2017, 09:48:55 pm
Made a video with a short combo and her level 3 for Shermie. She's a nice character in her current state i'd say.
#234  October 21, 2017, 02:52:55 am
  • Niigasan
nice combo, she looks fun
#235  October 21, 2017, 03:10:13 am
    • Canada
- Probably looks odd since she goes from a hop to back on the ground again.
- The original version of the move had the opponent run to wall then run back similar to an Irish Whip. I can't really do this since not all characters would have a run state.

- Sick combo! I'm not too worried about the damage since the 3rd count on MAX Shermie Flash is near impossible to achieve in an actual match.

Thanks everyone!
Projects
#236  October 21, 2017, 01:28:06 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
For leg lariat, what about giving 2 versions of it.
-one for the characters with the run on them (pots-like characters and a lot of  mugen characters in general)
-one version for the characters without this anim ?

Now I'm interested to see how ahuron have fixed the non run characters problem.
I'm checking it.

Random question : did you have used his move or similar as a base for this super? or coded from scratch?

Again, we're talking about small details here, but the overall character is a success! And I'm glad you put so much effort on it + taking the feedbacks in a very good way! :)

DW

#237  October 21, 2017, 04:10:32 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
For leg lariat, what about giving 2 versions of it.
-one for the characters with the run on them (pots-like characters and a lot of  mugen characters in general)
-one version for the characters without this anim ?

No. There's no need for this. It functions as it should and looks fine as is. In order for him to do this, off the top of my head, he'd have to either make a state that uses run sprites and hope any other chars uses the same SFF numbers for it(in which case it doesn't, he would have to omit to the current state of the move anyway). Or others would have to add the state to their char, so he could just automatically add it(similar to a special state like Midnight Bliss, though obviously not nearly as popular, so none will bother really.) Why add that, when the majority of chars(and by majority, I mean 98%) will omit to the current state of the move anyway? It's fine as is.

Quick rundown:

-Lv3 causes debug flood with the lightning fx.

-Get a new small pic. Preferably one based off her NGBC port you just added. Tell @morbidjoe: to separate her teeth from her clothes(in the small pic) or w/e it shares with. Maybe @Hades: will be willing to make a better small port for you.

-A lot of her throws... Honestly her specials in general, cause too much damage. All of her special grapples combo. The QCB + P special performed fully(w/ the otg follow up) causes a whopping 147 dmg. That's super territory. Or at least someone like Zangief's SPD(med or heavy) type dmg. The move is easy to perform and can combo AND can SC from it as shown in the above vid. Her Axle Kick(ground) should honestly just do the same dmg as her stand far HK(70, air version prolly the same I suppose), with the EX version doing like 91-98(+21-28 is something I normally do with EX specials). Her special grapples should be around 112 when fully performed(including the otg) and follow suit from there.

Zangief can't combo into his throw and they're more complex commands as well. And he can't SC from them. This is the case with a lot of grapplers, though in Shermie's case, she's more of a luchador type, stringing throws together and combo'ing into them. Something to consider.

-Close normals should do less dmg than far.

-Where's the special sfx Shermie has for Shermie Spiral? Why don't you have that?

-A lot of your winposes get cut off early, add more time to the roundover function.

-Maybe see if you can find an lightning FX to go on her knee for her LV3? Also having p2 get a static discharge(lightning fx).

Overall though, I like her very much. You make me proud. Great job.
Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:05:22 pm by DW
#238  October 21, 2017, 07:50:41 pm
    • Canada
- I don't really like ahuron's version of the move because I felt that the move was handled way too differently.
- From scratch? (I don't know how to classify it) Overall, kind of like how I handled Clark's Rolling Sphere.
If you want, here's a detailed explanation:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- Fixed. Also should I allow the lightning to also be in the foreground? (In front of the characters)
- I was about to use this but haven't gotten around to converting it to the palette:
B.
- Fixed the special damage. I assume Clark should also follow these rules?
- Fixed (I'll assume characters with ground normal chaining ignore this rule)
- Which SFX? The SFX they added in NGFC?
- Doesn't seem to be an issue for me but I increased the roundnotover time. I believe the blow kisses winpose (Winpose 2) also cuts a bit early in the source game.
- I kind of left it out for move consistency. It's for a similar reason why I didn't give Clark's Napalm Strike an explosion FX since there would just be one move with an element. I might add it when I make Orochi Shermie though.

The beta has been updated with these changes.
Thanks everyone!
Projects

DW

#239  October 22, 2017, 11:40:29 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
- Fixed. Also should I allow the lightning to also be in the foreground? (In front of the characters)
- I was about to use this but haven't gotten around to converting it to the palette:
B.
- Fixed the special damage. I assume Clark should also follow these rules?
- Fixed (I'll assume characters with ground normal chaining ignore this rule)
- Which SFX? The SFX they added in NGFC?
- Doesn't seem to be an issue for me but I increased the roundnotover time. I believe the blow kisses winpose (Winpose 2) also cuts a bit early in the source game.
- I kind of left it out for move consistency. It's for a similar reason why I didn't give Clark's Napalm Strike an explosion FX since there would just be one move with an element. I might add it when I make Orochi Shermie though.

-Sure I guess. W/e you decide is cool on that front.
-Meh... There's more hair than face lol, but ok.
-Yeah, though being male, he should cause a bit more dmg.
-No.
-I'm not sure when it was added, God knows it's been years since I've played any source game with Shermie in it. I personally use the Shermie hosted here by Anjel I believe the author's name is? Though I have used others, and I can't remember playing one that didn't have the sfx for it. Y'know which one I'm talking about. :P
-Fine.
-IDK. I can kinda see what you mean, though I see it a different way. If there's only one move with elemental properties, especially a LV3 such a s this, it emphasises the power they're putting into the tech imo. Though it's fine either way. 
#240  October 23, 2017, 03:41:33 am
    • Canada
-No.
-I'm not sure when it was added, God knows it's been years since I've played any source game with Shermie in it. I personally use the Shermie hosted here by Anjel I believe the author's name is? Though I have used others, and I can't remember playing one that didn't have the sfx for it. Y'know which one I'm talking about. :P
- Odd, Morrigan and Lilith seem to ignore that rule.
- Still don't know what you're talking about. I'll just add all the SFX's that I know of.
Projects