YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC) (Read 1015932 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#401  September 23, 2017, 01:01:22 pm
was expecting android 21's voice to be more dominating basing on her voice she's not the villain of the story.
#402  September 23, 2017, 03:16:26 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Goku hair is fun.xD hehe Well I was wating for a better trailer
Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:56:01 pm by yaret
#403  September 23, 2017, 04:13:58 pm
    • Brazil
#404  September 23, 2017, 05:15:46 pm
still this is dragonball , they'd make everything obvious.
#405  September 23, 2017, 05:25:26 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
was expecting android 21's voice to be more dominating basing on her voice she's not the villain of the story.
Voice doesn't really determine who is villain or not.

yes!
and this is Japan.
This is pretty common to have badass characters or enemies with strange sometimes unfitting voices, its still cool!

I just hope she will be playable and have some custom stuff on her moves.
Since Toriyama never make her in action in DBZ.
#406  September 23, 2017, 05:54:54 pm
    • USA
You guys are giving Arksys & Toriyama too much credit. She's either not the villain or will change her voice tone to a more sinister one once the "twist" is revealed. Just check GG Xrd Revelator's story mode. She's definitely not going to sound like this through the entire story if she's actually the villain.
#407  September 23, 2017, 06:09:53 pm
    • Brazil
What I want to see is her gameplay.
#408  September 23, 2017, 06:19:16 pm
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
I now want a special death animation for Yamcha if he gets blown up by Android 16. Or at the very least, his on the ground pose be his iconic death pose.

Anyhoo, Tien and Yamcha look great. I especially gravitate to Yamcha's very extreme rush down style. He looks like the raw speed character, and that's just my type. I wonder how in the Story Mode will Yamcha and Tien be able to keep up with Goku and Vegeta (Seeing as these Super Androids are apparently strong enough to take out Super Saiyans). We've seen in Super that Krillin can kinda sorta keep up with Adult Gohan when he uses his battle smarts. I'm just intrigued as to how they're gonna handle this.
#409  September 23, 2017, 06:32:45 pm
    • USA

That's implying that she's actually playable! (I hope, because otherwise we're looking at a sequel or DLC just to make her playable as usual).
#410  September 23, 2017, 06:38:49 pm
We don't even know if she's a fighter, she could very well just be here for the story and not actually fight - I think she doesn't absolutely need to be a fighter. That's what I'm expecting so far, until they actually confirm her as a fighter.
As an android made after Gero who gave up on the infinite energy engine or whatever that 17/18 use and went with energy absorption, I guess she could easily take over the style of 19 and 20 without having to suffer looking at their design. But I haven't noticed if we've seen her palms yet, and if they have the absorption device thing.
Regarding Yamcha and Tien's trailer, the only thing I have to say (beside that they look great - although Yamcha is a little too straight forward, I was expecting more hi-low variations in his rushes) is, I hope Tien's Kikoho super can also be performed from the ground upward with one hand.

Considering they said when they unveiled the game that it was about 20% done, and that it's planned for early 2018, I'm actually expecting a few more characters since there's enough time for a few more reveal trailers. With the rhythm of the reveals so far, my completely random guess is something like 4 more can fit, probably including an actual boss for the story. Seeing Yamcha and Tien, I figure that Broly and Bardock can still be an easy choice, for a grappler / super heavyweight and a highly tricky fighter that zips and flips back and forth high and low.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:48:28 pm by Byakko
#411  September 24, 2017, 06:46:59 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
You guys are giving Arksys & Toriyama too much credit. She's either not the villain or will change her voice tone to a more sinister one once the "twist" is revealed. Just check GG Xrd Revelator's story mode. She's definitely not going to sound like this through the entire story if she's actually the villain.

It will be like Litchi where she makes lewd sounding noises when she fights. :)
#412  September 24, 2017, 09:11:31 am
    • Brazil
I don't think they would bring so much attention to #21 if she wasn't playable. Besides, she IS an android, why would she not have the abilities of the others?
#413  September 24, 2017, 09:07:49 pm
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
I don't think they would bring so much attention to #21 if she wasn't playable.

I wouldn't trust that thought. We've had DBZ Fighting games where Goku wasn't even playable (without a cheat code). Not trying to completely knock your speculation, speculating is fun sometimes, but let's not get our hopes up quite yet about her being playable. Still we are kinda lacking in terms of female fighters as of right now

#414  September 24, 2017, 10:26:05 pm
    • Brazil

I wouldn't trust that thought. We've had DBZ Fighting games where Goku wasn't even playable (without a cheat code). Not trying to completely knock your speculation, speculating is fun sometimes, but let's not get our hopes up quite yet about her being playable. Still we are kinda lacking in terms of female fighters as of right now
Honestly, as much as I think Goku is overloved, any DBZ fighting game that does not have him, the protagonist of the series, as playable is not worth mentioning as an example of anything. Besides, there is little reason until now to believe she is not gonna be playable. Unless they take way too long to reveal a gameplay video of her, she is more likely to be playable than not.
#415  September 24, 2017, 10:48:00 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Could be DLC like in Xenoverse with Towa and Mira, they were Story Characters and even you had to fight them a few times.
But you could only play as them with DLC.
#416  September 24, 2017, 10:57:36 pm
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com

Honestly, as much as I think Goku is overloved, any DBZ fighting game that does not have him, the protagonist of the series, as playable is not worth mentioning as an example of anything. Besides, there is little reason until now to believe she is not gonna be playable. Unless they take way too long to reveal a gameplay video of her, she is more likely to be playable than not.

I only mentioned that because it was actually a very important DBZ game (Butoden 2 on the SNES which I should say was the 2nd DBZ Fighting game literally EVER). But yeah, I agree with you, I guess it doesn't really apply in this context.

I just need to see more Yamcha action. His combo game looks crazy good. Seeing as this takes place during Super, I wonder if the GoDs will play any part in this game? Would Beerus literally be god tier?
#417  September 24, 2017, 11:00:31 pm
Seeing as this takes place during Super
I don't think we got a definitive confirmation of when the story takes place ? Maybe we can judge by Bulma's age since she's definitely only relevant to the story, I suppose.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#418  September 24, 2017, 11:18:15 pm
    • USA
The current roster is a mix of Super and Cell saga stuff so trying to find its point in the canon is kinda pointless since it's not going to be a canon game to begin with anyway. I guess they'll just go for an alternative reality story deal like usual, although the characters covering this much of a time range (From Cell all the way to the Golden Frieza arc) makes me wonder just what the hell are they going to do with the story mode and if they're going to use all the characters on it to begin with.
#419  September 24, 2017, 11:29:05 pm
    • Brazil
Maybe this takes place in the Xenoverse canon. Would make sense: multiple different sagas, a character that never appeared before, the leak said Towa was gonna be a boss... They didn't hype Trunks too much, but then again, this is a Dragon Ball game, so it makes sense for them to not focus on anyone besides Goku and Vegeta until the story is actually told.
#420  September 25, 2017, 12:16:02 am
the leak said Towa was gonna be a boss
So far there's zero evidence or even hint that this leak was real. And we won't know until the game is actually released, because it didn't say anything meaningful that could quickly confirm or deny its veracity. Just a number and a name, stuff that we won't be able to verify until the release (even if it's true, we probably won't see Towa until just before release at best). So you might as well just ignore it because it's worthless.