YesNoOk

Computer having issues with recent update (Read 1711 times)

Started by Xenomic, October 21, 2014, 10:19:29 pm
Share this topic:
Computer having issues with recent update
#1  October 21, 2014, 10:19:29 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
So, I am noticing a trend here. Yesterday, when I started my computer and opened Firefox, my computer bluescreened with a "Bad_ID_Header" or some such, something to do with ram or a driver, and then when I restarted it it refused to boot up until I did System Repair + System Restore. I noticed something about an unknown bugcheck, which was the only root cause there.

After that, it was perfectly fine and did the system updates again. Today I started up the computer, and turned on Firefox and went to the bathroom. Came back, screen was pitch black like it crashed or something. Again, refused to boot up at all so I did System Repair + System Restore. Today it said "A patch may be causing your computer to not start" when I checked the diagnostics. Again, after that computer is working fine and it's doing the updates again. So this is telling me that there is something in the update, I don't know WHAT, that is causing my computer to not work properly. Is there any way to find out what it is at all, and any way to prevent this issue from happening? I really would like to not have to deal with this every day that I turn on the computer...
Re: Computer having issues with recent update
#2  October 21, 2014, 10:55:46 pm
    • USA
From what I see:

"Windows Servicing identified that package KB2972098 (Security Update) is not applicable for this system"

I see this quite a lot for the past two days. I also see this, which is new to me...

"Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to load signatures and will attempt reverting back to a known-good set of signatures.
     Signatures Attempted: Current
     Error Code: 0x80070002
     Error description: The system cannot find the file specified.
     Signature version: 0.0.0.0;0.0.0.0
     Engine version: 0.0.0.0"

and

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0xd24cc310, 0xd24cc3d8, 0x8a190207). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP."

These two were on the first day this happened (it doesn't say this today) so...there was also something about the system hanging up on starting up so...

That was all in System Log for Event Viewer. Didn't see anything else wrong elsewhere...
Re: Computer having issues with recent update
#3  October 22, 2014, 10:22:55 pm
    • USA
Well um....apparently this is screwing up on ALL updates or something...

I turned off Updates for now altogether as this is kinda ridiculous. I let the computer sit to see if it would do anything. Not even 5 minutes in, bluescreen (with nothing to tell me what happened). System Repair/Restore, get the same "A Patch is preventing the system from starting". Turned off updates then, checked the Update History and Event Viewer, and that's what I found...