YesNoOk

Dude Mugen: a new MUGEN IDE (Read 51728 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, February 04, 2017, 02:50:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dude Mugen: a new MUGEN IDE
#21  February 04, 2017, 11:02:05 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
While I'm at it it'd be nice to be able to copy a clsn to all linked sprites if possible. So if you have a frame that is used in several animations it can automate the process for you. That could be more challenging. If so don't worry about it.

And something as simple as a "duplicate animation" would be nice as well. Even though it's super easy to just copy paste it'd still cut some time down if it was a single button press.

If you keep the FF3 sprite editor all I ask is that you add a color replace/ fill tool. It has the color replace pencil but it'd be nice to have a fill tool that replaced every instance of the color in the sprite.

When you change the default palette (group,index) of a sprite in sffv2+ it'd be nice if it asked if you wished to change all sprites using said palette.

In FF3 you can make the image adapt to the palette. But you can only do so in the palette editor and as such you can only do it one Sprite at a time. This is very inconvenient.

Edit:
Make it do all the wonderful stuff this thing does too
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/swiss-army-knife-debugger-app-178243.0.html

Note obviously you don't have to do shit that I'm suggesting. But it'd be cool if you did!!!
Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:05:57 pm by Just No Point
#22  February 04, 2017, 11:07:01 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
"Copy CLSN to all frames with this particular sprite" is easy. Duplicate animation should be simple as well.

Image editor is probably going to be the last thing I do since it is, without a doubt, the toughest part. It makes me sick just thinking about it.
#23  February 04, 2017, 11:35:09 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Impressive.

Something to help the creation of throws?
I mean a visual preview/adjusting of bind and all...
(I used to kind of do it with "fix image" option and display in MCM)

This is what I would need since throws are one of the more complex moves to code to me.
This is my suggestion.

But I can understand some more urgent features have to be added before it.
#24  February 05, 2017, 12:03:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
FF3 has that.
#25  February 05, 2017, 12:05:15 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
It does but it sucks. I plan to make a better throw creator.
#26  February 05, 2017, 12:16:06 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

And something as simple as a "duplicate animation" would be nice as well. Even though it's super easy to just copy paste it'd still cut some time down if it was a single button press.

FF has a duplicate animation feature, and it lets you renumber
the new animation, what version you using?
#27  February 05, 2017, 12:18:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#28  February 05, 2017, 12:21:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#29  February 05, 2017, 12:23:16 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
OH snap! It's in the drop down list on top and not a button. I never noticed. Sweet, thank you.

Remove the create new .air file and place the duplicate button there instead :P

Also don't put a create new .snd button. Both those should be drop down options as you're more than likely only going to make 1 new one per character.
#30  February 05, 2017, 01:12:58 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Can you implement templates for different character types?
like your cvs, pots, hdbz, and also a way for us to create a
Template? Like in FF they have that old ass temp for winan Ai?
With an updated cns with the fixes vans did included too.
#31  February 05, 2017, 01:29:34 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Let's see how far it goes.
#32  February 05, 2017, 02:35:47 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You can make templates in FF3 though. There is no reason for JZ to make templates unless he wishes to do so out of characters/styles he makes. Because to make a good template you basically have to be able to make a full character in that template. That's way too much work to ask from him.
#33  February 05, 2017, 02:48:34 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Never knew you're making a app that'll possibly make life easier for us creators, Zilla.
#34  February 05, 2017, 03:44:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
will this option make it in from FF? i dont know how to make a template for this but i think
it would be handy if i could save a char as a template, so i can do, project/new/empty or temp?/temp, pops up the window
with my list of saves i've done as template. 

#35  February 05, 2017, 03:54:11 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Well, I plan to do something much better than that: implement my region tag support. This is basically template pieces, so you can put things where you want them to go, and use a common repository you can host on GitHub or your own site. In the editor, you can even collapse those regions since they'll most likely be pulled from files anyway, leaving you to concentrate on character code.

With Git version control, the backup feature may not even be necessary. You can just commit your changes in a Git repo and there's your backup! You'll still have to do it manually, but it won't take up as much space! And if you push to a network-hosted repository regularly, then you'll hardly have anything to worry about with your WIPs and your hard drive crashing because you'll at least have SOME backup somewhere!

I actually had some reservations about making a thread for it this early in the process, but this is a great place for ideas! Keep up the ideas and discussion, people, this is all great!
Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:59:05 am by Jesuszilla
#36  February 05, 2017, 04:02:14 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Build it with "recommended" icons ready to be placed. To recommend people to place certain things in a more standard manner. A new main program telling people to use certain standards may finally help bring more unison!
#37  February 05, 2017, 04:11:45 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I just had the insane idea of giving the illusion of named variables, but I wouldn't be able to detect helper states without the user specifying them. Damn.

With that said, the variable list FF3 generates is useless, so I may just opt to get rid of that feature altogether since it would be impossible without more user input or arbitrary forcing of standards because it's the exact same problem: it will tell you you have a variable in use even if it's just a helper variable.

Putting this here so I remember: Homer suggested a required gethit checker for SFF and AIR, that way you don't boot up MUGEN and see errors since it will warn you of them! Definitely gonna implement that.
Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:19:35 am by Jesuszilla
#38  February 05, 2017, 12:27:54 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Putting this here so I remember: Homer suggested a required gethit checker for SFF and AIR, that way you don't boot up MUGEN and see errors since it will warn you of them! Definitely gonna implement that.

It would be nice if it was possible to add user-defined required gethits too, it would be extremely helpful to keep track of the many standards out there. I often forget to add many of these things.
#39  February 05, 2017, 12:40:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Exactly! Use it to push standards! Woohoo!
#40  February 05, 2017, 08:29:56 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I'll make warnings slightly more in-your-face like VS does and have toggleable options for optional standards when throwing warnings.