YesNoOk

Mugen Stage and Android (Read 6418 times)

Started by Dr_Wong, February 01, 2013, 08:49:50 pm
Share this topic:
Mugen Stage and Android
#1  February 01, 2013, 08:49:50 pm
Hi,

Long time I have been away from Mugen, didn't even know that electbytes come alive since i restart this particular project a couple month ago.

I am searching idea and feature for my project, and persons willing to beta test that.

The idea is simple bring flexibility to build stage to android Live wallpaper in with the best experience possible.
By best experience I mean, easy for the android user to use, and easy for the creator to make, organize, share the stage he is making.
Features are of course engine compatible, but also add new features like Gradient box, circle, configurable coordinate and rotation base on t (Exemple: circle equation, so the background will move in circle y = sqrt(R - x^2), Sun position, touch event in trigger, ...)

I am 80% done, so the server that will allow the android application to download the shared background.
I hope to deliver that by the end of this month.

The editor write Mugen file with a few minor addition, I will get it an export option for people that want to use it, if requested but i think today (I haven't check) many better editor exists.

The editor will be completely free.

But it is better to see a video rather than a long speech.

Create a background Video (Desktop application)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFTWP6HotOY

Background on android as Live wallpaper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PcOZiJj5dI

Please let me know of what you are thinking.

I don't know how I will organized but here the form to register for the beta test
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15np9v6KfjiXOjQ2qt4_EQPM_6NKF3JVRZAyFKR_ky5E/viewform

For beta tester I will be happy if I can get people with divers and different phone.

after the beta start, i will create a issue tracker for bugs and feature request.

Thank you for reading

Re: Mugen Stage and Android
#2  February 01, 2013, 11:43:12 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Hi.

I have both an android phone (although somewhat old, outdated and no longer functioning as a phone) and also an Android Tablet.

I just signed up for the beta since this very much interests me.

The option of having a mugen stage as a completely animated Wallpaper background is very cool indeed.

However I was wondering how far you'd be able to take this?

It would be quite amazing to have the ability to create mugen stages on some kind of stage editor app for Android.

Hell I'd even pay a few bucks for a program as robust as Fighter Factory but with on the go portability.

This is a great start in merging mugen with android apps.

I wish you luck with your projects and look forward to testing the beta.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#3  February 01, 2013, 11:55:25 pm
Thanks,

In fact the editor i have made will be easily ported to android, i use libgdx to do it instead of completed java swing.
But to edit mugen stage on a small phone is not convenient, and on a table the screen and touch don't allow the precision of a mouse.

I will send you next week or the following the application and the android application.

we need to finalize the website that allow the editor to upload the mugen stage.
You will be able to share it, or keep it for you
and then with your android device you can download it.

The reason we do like that, is because some people don't know about mugen and then copy the file in the sd card, ...
so we thought that this way it is better.

Thanks
#4  February 02, 2013, 12:08:38 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Thanks, I will be watching your post.

And yes, the upload option sounds much more open-end and user friendly.

Kudos.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja