YesNoOk

Tough Guy: Fighting Titans - full game released! (Read 99589 times)

Started by Death Adder, August 09, 2019, 04:37:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tough Guy: Fighting Titans - full game released!
#21  August 20, 2019, 06:07:35 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
this is a huge improvement over the original, everything feels really good and the unique abilities are a cool addition. i never liked the charge mechanic of the original tbh and i feel like this is a great replacement for it, it makes everyone feel really unique (love the sheana teleports a lot)

one thing though, this could use some documentation or readme outside of looking in each characters .cns files to explain the new mechanics a bit more readily, not to mention the moves

Yeah they said that they rushed the release out and forgot to put up movelists and stuff. Hopefully it won't take them too long to do it.
#22  August 20, 2019, 06:17:19 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
oh, whoops, must've missed that, apologies!
#23  August 20, 2019, 12:20:27 pm
  • Super Fighter Team
  • Never let dreams die!
    • USA
    • www.superfighter.com
this is a huge improvement over the original, everything feels really good and the unique abilities are a cool addition. i never liked the charge mechanic of the original tbh and i feel like this is a great replacement for it, it makes everyone feel really unique (love the sheana teleports a lot)

Thanks! The charge mechanic ruined the original game. It was embarrassing. I just thank the good Lord that Sango Fighter 2 was spared that tragedy. I would have liked for us to have been able to go back and release an updated version of the DOS game -- like we did with Sango Fighter and Sango Fighter 2 -- but because of how generally broken the fight engine is in Tough Guy, we decided that focusing solely on a Windows version built from the ground up would be the best way to go. And based on the feedback we're receiving on the MUGEN version, players are really grateful that we went this route. :cool3:

I'd love to hear about some of the experiences y'all are having with the game, such as: Who are your favorite fighters (and why), what you think of the soundtrack, etc. Please share.

one thing though, this could use some documentation or readme outside of looking in each characters .cns files to explain the new mechanics a bit more readily, not to mention the moves

We couldn't include this at launch due to time constraints. We have two commercial products set to ship before year's end, and several other titles in active development. If we'd waited until the opportunity presented itself to create a proper "instruction manual" for Tough Guy, it would have pushed back the release of the game far longer than I'd have been comfy with.
Try our FREE full games for MUGEN & IKEMEN:
Super Fighter Special Edition
Tough Guy: Fighting Titans
Sango Fighter Special Edition

And swing by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!
Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:27:35 pm by Death Adder
#24  August 22, 2019, 09:33:55 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA
So I played the original, and then played this. I have to say, I really like this! I should get around and record or stream the video sometime this week or next week.
#25  August 26, 2019, 07:12:54 am
  • Super Fighter Team
  • Never let dreams die!
    • USA
    • www.superfighter.com
Cool, glad you dig it. If you do make the video, please share the link here.

9mb

#26  August 26, 2019, 07:43:37 am
Not bad, but the mini game is a little mandatory and doesn't like it. :)
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#27  August 26, 2019, 07:49:56 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA
Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:55:43 am by YourImagination
#28  August 27, 2019, 10:32:44 am
  • Super Fighter Team
  • Never let dreams die!
    • USA
    • www.superfighter.com
Nice vid! I watched the entire thing [!] and it was neat that you tried out every character.

It's also cool that you're familiar with Super Fighter, and noticed the similarities between Gerdon and Bullet. Super Fighter and Tough Guy shared much of the same development team, despite being produced by different companies. In fact the programmer of both referred to Tough Guy as a "spiritual sequel" to Super Fighter. Just a little bit of trivia there. ;)

#29  December 10, 2019, 01:54:56 pm
  • Super Fighter Team
  • Never let dreams die!
    • USA
    • www.superfighter.com
Hey, all. Just dropping by again to say thanks to everyone who's been downloading this game & trying it out. We appreciate it, and hope you're having a good time. ;)

I also wanted to let y'all know that we recently switched hosting providers, and our downloads are all quicker & more reliable now. So if you had any trouble downloading Tough Guy when it was first released, please revisit our website and have another go. Should be super speedy this time.

#30  August 14, 2021, 12:51:57 am
    • USA

Dietrich is pretty damn cool just because of his special ability where he can move the opponent back and forth. I wanted to see if you can create longer combos with it but sadly it's hard to use another hand to make the opponent block while I try the combo to see if it's real. I wished this game had more settings like refill life, block after 1st hit, etc. I wanted to make a combo video with several characters for fun.

Lee and Kaori play well too, really dig what their toolset are. Kaori has that sick instant overhead and if you add her air projectile with it it's a pretty neat trick.
Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 12:52:39 am by xzae
#31  August 19, 2021, 02:20:44 am
    • USA
#32  August 21, 2021, 06:55:41 am
    • China
Very good game
#33  September 09, 2021, 12:19:46 am
    • USA
https://youtu.be/uMwbyCPwDr8

Did a video on Kaori, thinking of doing a video on Gerdon next. He has a crazy Tough Skill lol so I want to make some combos with it. Maybe Chieshen after because there's no other character exist who fights on a handstand is there?
#34  January 23, 2022, 11:11:38 am
  • Super Fighter Team
  • Never let dreams die!
    • USA
    • www.superfighter.com

#35  July 01, 2022, 01:43:45 pm
  • Super Fighter Team
  • Never let dreams die!
    • USA
    • www.superfighter.com
Fighter profiles, complete with special attack listings and some nifty new artwork, are now available for Tough Guy. They've been a while in the works; we appreciate your patience!

Tough Guy fighter profiles

Here's a fine example of the new fighter profile artwork, based on Joseph Chang's original hand-drawn pieces...

#36  January 01, 2024, 08:44:41 pm
    • USA
Love the new additional character Zhao, is he an original character? He has a striking resemblance to the main character Lee... He doesn't have an idle animation, is he unfinished?