YesNoOk

How to make a character use lifebar hitsparks? (Read 2327 times)

Started by Azul Crescent, April 13, 2019, 03:56:09 am
Share this topic:
How to make a character use lifebar hitsparks?
#1  April 13, 2019, 03:56:09 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Is there a way to make a character with their own hitsparks (i.e POTS) use the hitsparks in a lifebar's fightfx?

For example, I use Dissidia's Hatsune Miku Extend SP fightfx on my lifebars, and characters that don't have any included hitsparks (like OHMSBY's characters), and the sparks/effects show up perfectly. I'd love to make some other characters use them as well.

Is there a way to make it so the characters use the sprites from the fightfx instead of their custom/included hitsparks?
Re: How to make a character use lifebar hitsparks?
#2  April 13, 2019, 04:07:55 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 For using lifebar default FXs, it really depends on your method for hitsparks.

If the hitsparks are generated directly from a hitdef, look for these.

hit spark and guard spark said:
sparkno = (insert animation number here)
guard.sparkno = (insert animation number here)

If these two attributes don't exist in the hitdefs, you'll have to add them yourself.

If the character uses the explod method for sparks, look for the explod state controller in every state where a hitdef is and find the anim parameter.

IIRC, light hitsparks is animation no f0, medium is f1, hard is f2, very strong is f3 and guard is f40. I believe there are also blood spark groups, but I forget their animation number, but you can always check the fightfx for that in notepad.
#3  April 13, 2019, 04:19:16 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
For using lifebar default FXs, it really depends on your method for hitsparks.

If the hitsparks are generated directly from a hitdef, look for these.

hit spark and guard spark said:
sparkno = (insert animation number here)
guard.sparkno = (insert animation number here)

If these two attributes don't exist in the hitdefs, you'll have to add them yourself.

If the character uses the explod method for sparks, look for the explod state controller in every state where a hitdef is and find the anim parameter.

IIRC, light hitsparks is animation no f0, medium is f1, hard is f2, very strong is f3 and guard is f40. I believe there are also blood spark groups, but I forget their animation number, but you can always check the fightfx for that in notepad.

So, i kinda understand and I kinda don't.

So i have to essentially check a characters hitdef in their states to find out what method it uses to generate hitsparks?

I'm essentially trying to make other characters, who come with their own hitsparks, use the fightfx in my lifebars, just like OHMSBY's + k6666orochi's characters.

I'm assuming id have to either delete or comment the state controllers that generate the hitsparks.
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:34:01 am by Shironeko
#4  April 13, 2019, 05:00:56 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 It varies between authors, but I know for sure that PotS (the author, not the style even if they do copypaste his codes) used a really complex method to generate hitsparks via helpers, which I wouldn't mess with since that requires a lot of character experience.

If they don't use a helper, it's either in the hitdef or being done by an explod. The easiest way to check is something like this...

sparkno = S10200
guard.sparkno = S10250

The S is important because that means the character is using custom hitsparks/guardsparks.

Replace the value after sparkno with the corresponding default spark type as mentioned in my previous post (f0 = light, f1 = medium, f2 - heavy, f3 - very heavy).

Replace the value after guard.sparkno with f40.

However, if the character's hitdef has this instead...

sparkno = -1
guard.sparkno = -1

This most likely means the character is using an explod or helper for hitsparks instead. If it is a helper, leave it alone since that is a lot of work to edit. If it is an explod, you're in luck.

An explod being used for hitsparks and guardsparks would look something either like this if it's based on the move hitting...

[State 1121, Hitspark]
type = Explod
trigger1 = movehit
anim = s3355
pos = 10,-50
postype = p2
bindtime = -1
scale = 1*const(size.xScale),1*const(size.yScale)
sprpriority = 5
ownpal = 1
removetime = -2
ignorehitpause

Or like this if it's based on the move being guarded...

[State 1121, Guardspark]
type = Explod
trigger1 = moveguarded
anim = s3356
pos = 10,-50
postype = p2
bindtime = -1
scale = 1*const(size.xScale),1*const(size.yScale)
sprpriority = 5
ownpal = 1
removetime = -2
ignorehitpause

Replace the values in anim with the previously mentioned default FX animation numbers mentioned earlier.
Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:05:16 am by Nep Heart