YesNoOk

8 people injured as car crashes into crowd in Amsterdam (Read 2421 times)

Started by Bob8644, June 11, 2017, 07:29:33 pm
Share this topic:
8 people injured as car crashes into crowd in Amsterdam
#1  June 11, 2017, 07:29:33 pm
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/8-hurt-as-car-crashes-into-crowd-outside-amsterdam-central-station-1710775

THE HAGUE:  A car ploughed into a crowd outside Amsterdam central station late Saturday, injuring eight people -- two of them seriously, Dutch police said, adding it appeared to have been an accident.

"The suspect has been interviewed, and it appears not to have been intentional. But we are investigating further," Amsterdam police said on their Twitter account.

Eight people had been hurt, "two of them seriously," the police said in a tweet, adding the driver was under arrest after his car hit the crowd and then crashed into a wall.

The news came a week after three attackers in a van mowed down pedestrians in London before going on a stabbing spree, killing eight people and injuring 48.

Dutch media reported the Amsterdam incident happened when police approached a black Peugeot which was badly parked, and the driver tried to speed away.

Several ambulances and police were swiftly on the scene on the busy streets outside the station in the heart of the canal-lined Dutch capital. Two people were taken to hospital. The other injured were treated at the scene.

Thank god no one died during this. Sick of these terror attacks. We need to do something about this immediately.
Re: 8 people injured as car crashes into crowd in Amsterdam
#2  June 11, 2017, 07:46:05 pm
What terror attack, this was an accident
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
New #3  June 11, 2017, 07:56:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
sick of these unintentional terror attacks.
Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:35:05 pm by Bastard Mami

OZ

#4  June 11, 2017, 11:48:30 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
unintentional terror attack sounds pretty punk rock

but yeah, calling this a terror attack is shameful
the article itself even juxtaposed the two topics
what is the journalistic price of buzz?
ಠ_ಠ
#5  June 12, 2017, 03:13:11 am