YesNoOk

Is it possible to have chars move but not attack before Round 1? (Read 2020 times)

Started by thepacifist, January 23, 2020, 11:14:30 pm
Share this topic:
Is it possible to have chars move but not attack before Round 1?
#1  January 23, 2020, 11:14:30 pm
In my bit of googling it seems like the answer is no, but I wanted to see if someone could confirm that. Seems like they either don't move at all before round 1 or they can move AND attack before round1, but not just move around before Round 1. If there is a way to code the in-between of moving but not attacking before round 1, please let me know. I imagine this is just a limitation of MUGEN that it's either / or.
Re: Is it possible to have chars move but not attack before Round 1?
#2  January 23, 2020, 11:56:51 pm
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
It's possible.  You can create a custom state to change into instead of state 0 after the introduction is finished.
#3  January 24, 2020, 12:01:49 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I'd imagine you would need to make actual changestates in statedef -1 for universal movements (walk, run, crouch, jump, etc) to be allowed in roundstate 1 and 2 while attack changestates can only occur in roundstate 2 as to prevent going into those states before the fighting portion begins. 9's Melty Blood characters amd many MvC characters in MUGEN have this mechanic implemented, so, they are worth checking out.
#4  January 24, 2020, 12:05:44 am
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
I'd imagine you would need to make actual changestates in statedef -1 for universal movements (walk, run, crouch, jump, etc) to be allowed in roundstate 1 and 2 while attack changestates can only occur in roundstate 2 as to prevent going into those states before the fighting portion begins. 9's Melty Blood characters amd many MvC characters in MUGEN have this mechanic implemented, so, they are worth checking out.

Yea, he's absolutely correct. You should check those characters out.
#5  January 24, 2020, 06:00:58 pm
Thanks, will take a look at 9's Melty Blood characters. Any idea who created the MvC characters you're referring to? I have a bunch (mainly Marvel) but only one does that, War Machine by One Winged Angel, and that one can attack as well before the round.