YesNoOk

Soul Calibur 2 HD Online (Read 46187 times)

Started by Moon Girard, July 20, 2013, 12:24:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Soul Calibur 2 HD Online
#201  November 26, 2013, 12:51:42 pm
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew
Just mindlessly messing around with Assassin on random online is oddly very fun.
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#202  November 26, 2013, 12:58:53 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I was so good with Spawn and mitsurugi. :) But one of my worst nightmare will ever the sound when you loose a match vs the AI in a mode that I forgot the name (the map wassquares that opened each time you won a match, and you could win weapons). God this sound was annoying for me!!
#203  November 26, 2013, 04:09:24 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
is kiliks infinite still a thing? the acrobatic one at least it was an infinite against ai rofl. I am going to buy this and I can't wait to fight you saiko, gonna have to wait till next month though. GOTTA HAVE MY TALIM screw namco for removing her in the latest.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#204  December 03, 2013, 12:21:37 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm proud to say that I go toe to toe with Live's #1 ranked guy, opucknarf, regularly. We are 50/50 when we mess around. Good stuff.

He has like 1,000 wins. crazy shit. I also stand at 93/53 with about 4K Player Points. Player Matches are for messing around with the roster. Ranked Matches are for Yoshimitsu exclusively. :mmhmm:

I've also seen a lot of Ivy players out there and honestly, not many of them are good. A lot of people also pick Mitsurugi, Kilik and Astaroth. The few Maxis I've seen are quite good. No other good Yoshi players out there at al though. And I find it very strange that I see absolutely NO Voludo players out there (Yes, I'm referencing the way the Arcade version of Soul Calibur pronounced our favorite Italian weirdo). With that said, I may have to practice. He is actually quite good.

I also find that a majority of people I've battled against remind me a lot of the good old, single room and multiple console days: There are plenty of good players out there that are actually courteous and give proper shout outs, like "good game" and "solid character XX." Also, those who nod to your playstyle are also ones who were hardcore about this back in the PS2/X-Box/GameCube era.

I feel right at home.

Lastly, I've battled against people with astronomical Player Points and beat them viciously. Anyone else come across this??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.

DMK

#205  December 22, 2013, 07:09:12 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Game is currently 10$ on XBLA. Doubt it may go any lower for a while. I'm personally picking it up.
#206  December 22, 2013, 07:50:13 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
MOTHER FUCK!
now I regret my day-1 buy...
#207  December 22, 2013, 08:51:58 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Game is currently 10$ on XBLA. Doubt it may go any lower for a while. I'm personally picking it up.

What the FUCK!?

While I am a hardcore nostalgia enthusiast and are angry that the price is lowered, I still didn't mind paying full price. :doom:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.

DMK

#208  December 22, 2013, 11:41:44 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
It is only for today, but you guys aren't the first. Especially if you got well over 20$ worth of fun.  :2thumbsup:
#209  December 22, 2013, 11:45:22 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
It is only for today, but you guys aren't the first. Especially if you got well over 20$ worth of fun.  :2thumbsup:

I'll gladly play against you if I see you online with it. ;D

#210  December 23, 2013, 02:18:35 am
  • The Goddess Returns

Damn...

Oh well, I'll just stick with the Vanquish and reboot of Tomb Raider I bough yesterday and get SC2HD most likely after I get LR:XIII
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#211  December 23, 2013, 07:24:09 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Thanks for the price drop notice, DMK.  Was going to skip checking the countdown deal until I saw this here.  Lucky I caught it.

Playing as Spawn over Link in Weapon Master feels weird.  Probably because I keep imagining it at the forgotten LoZ RPG, with how much time I sunk into it before.

Also, what's up with Spawn's intros?  The camera's completely screwed up, focusing on the wrong area.  In fact, it's acting the same way it does when people online in SCV use hacked characters, veering off to the right...
Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:50:54 am by Long John Killer
#212  December 23, 2013, 10:26:36 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Also, what's up with Spawn's intros?  The camera's completely screwed up, focusing on the wrong area.  In fact, it's acting the same way it does when people online in SCV use hacked characters, veering off to the right...

Like his crotch. Even moreso than Voludo.

You know, I hate fucking Namco. They created such rich franchises back in the day, and it's apparent that they ran out of ideas a while ago. And they also release half assed, lazy ports of games from when they were at the top of their shit. Soul Calibur 2 is easily the best entry in the entire series (I feel that it slightly tops the first although I consider them equals).

Besides the odd camera that stares at Spawn's groin, if you listen close enough, the music is clipped so that it loops but it's noticeable. I'm a huge fan of the score, and I noticed this in everyone's favorite library stage. I'm going to say Namco did this for data purposes to streamline the online experience, but that's inexcusable: Tekken Tag 2 runs near flawlessly online with some pretty solid code. I cannot fathom why Namco went the cheap way out with Calibur 2 in the sense of a bare bones Online Mode. I could understand why they used the PAL version (As mentioned in an above post, perhaps that was the only source code they had left), but small things like this shows a rushed effort for a game that clearly deserves better.

And goddamnit, the lack of Japanese Voices is irritating.

And Hacked Characters you say?? How so!?

#213  December 23, 2013, 10:35:49 pm
    • USA
Well, last I checked SCV, which Live clocks at nearing 200 days ago.  But yeah, Player Matches were often riddled with hacked characters.

Not game breaking hacks, per-say, just people having a little fun with SCV's limited character customization.  So Ezio models over Dampierre.  SCIV Nightmare over Algol.  Character's eyes bugging out when hit for hilarious results.

You know, just crazy stuff you'd figure they'd already have to some extent. (Not model replacing, of course, but still)

And yeah, the crotch zoom is....disturbing, but I meant his intros in Weapon Master.  The camera just....veers off to the right.  Did that with those hacked characters in SCV as well is all.
#214  December 23, 2013, 10:44:39 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
I never noticed the camera thing, and I main spawn...maybe I just got used to it?

But I think I could forgive a half-assed port if it wasn't overpriced, now it's very clearly a nostalgia/hype-for-a-good-game cash-in. They could have at least had the special versus modes, there hasn't been a soul calibur game TO DATE with online that didn't have special versus. I completed weapon master mode 100%, and I wanna use the weapons online DAMMIT!
Some of us don't like getting bodied in ranked by Saikoro-tier players all day.

Speaking of ranked, how the hell does ranked for that game work?
#215  December 23, 2013, 11:08:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Some of us don't like getting bodied in ranked by Saikoro-tier players all day.

Speaking of ranked, how the hell does ranked for that game work?

:cawg:

I appreciate your shout out. When I was 21 and had a lot of free time, I played the shit out of this game. So much in fact, I still remember a lot of tactics and a shit ton of moves. It's more of a reflex at this point. ;D Playing it again is like wearing a comfortable, worn in glove. That gives you magical sword wielding prowess!!

Ranked is simply a game of mathematics: Beat a same level player/similar points player and you gain minimal PP/GP. Beat a player with higher points than you and you earn/steal more of their GP/PP. Also, Wins play a part of ranking as well.

Which brings me to a point: Player/Gamer Points and wins do not equate to better players. The only guy who stands behind his points and wins is Opucknarf: He is on my friends list and we go toe to toe. And 50/50. He is a beast with Ivy. Besides him, I've played against a lot of people with supposed higher points and wins. And they go down like bitches.

My point?? Those higher numbers are not indicative of skill at all. Come to think of it, watch for very exploitable patterns with those supposed higher ranked peoples.

#216  December 23, 2013, 11:15:03 pm
    • USA
My secret pattern for SCV Ranked was mash Y. (Still got A1)

Yeah, don't worry too much on those numbers.  I'm high rank in previous SC games, and I suck.
#217  December 23, 2013, 11:30:23 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
My secret pattern for SCV Ranked was mash Y. (Still got A1)

Yeah, don't worry too much on those numbers.  I'm high rank in previous SC games, and I suck.

God that aggrivates the shit out of me!! So I'm gonna rant a slight bit:

This is exactly why Tekken Tag Tournament, the Arcade Version, will always be my top favorite fighting game of all time. I still play it on my MAME frequently, and I do so because that game is a very good testament to skill. I've sparred in boxing for a little bit and Tekken Tag easily reminds me of a videogame rendition of an actual sparring match: It's all about spacing, mind games, and more importantly, interruptions. You cannot button mash your way to victory; there are no glossy, life draining juggles. Or any super flashy moves that are cheap as fuck. Just good, old fashioned attacks. And thinking.

Which a majority of fighting games lack completely today (I think SFIV is great because it feels like a natural extension of the old school SF system, but that's just me). Tekken Tag 2 is amazing, don't get me wrong. But the way it plays caters to the instant gratification crowd. It's still Tekken with oceans deep movesets, but those movesets are squandered and mean nothing anymore because now the game is about juggling and flashiness. So while you have 100's of moves a character, they mean shit because only 6 moves really count since that's all life draining juggles call for. And Bound System: You're garbage. Fuck you.

Another case in point?? I tried playing Dead or Alive 5. I was trying to think about how to go about the match and was beaten by a lame, button mashing idiot. We then put Tekken Tag on and I got 17 wins in a row. Soul Calibur seems to be suffering in the gameplay department. Compared to part 2, 4 feels absurdly broken. And also mash happy.

Rant done

#218  December 23, 2013, 11:37:42 pm
    • USA
...So yeah, that was mostly a joke there.  Besides me sucking.  Just the others are worse.  Except the occasional 20000 win streak fellow that triple Perfects and follows with messages of inferiority and racial slurs they somehow apply through no vocal or visual interaction...
#219  December 23, 2013, 11:41:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
...So yeah, that was mostly a joke there. Besides me sucking.  Just the others are worse.  Except the occasional 20000 win streak fellow that triple Perfects and follows with messages of inferiority and racial slurs they somehow apply through no vocal or visual interaction...

Oh, I knew you were kidding, so worries there whatsoever. ;D

But you just reminded me of why I don't play online as much as I used to: Cheap ass biggots. Dude, is it really necessary to call me a fucking we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years just because you lost a round?? If anyone tried that back in the Arcade days, someone would have gotten hurt and kicked out. It's also a shame that games cater to what sells now, and in fighting games cases, it's all about the flashiness and not the skill. Hence those triple perfects and cheap... whatever.