YesNoOk

What is your fighting game history background? (Read 7928 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, February 06, 2014, 10:31:29 am
Share this topic:
Re: What is your fighting game history background?
#21  February 06, 2014, 10:46:59 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
-Tekken 1,2,3,5,6,tag,tag2
-MK 1,2,3,4,GBA Deadly Alliance,Shaolin Monk-eys,Deception,Armageddon,2011
-Street Fighter 1,2,3,alpha2,alpha3,4 AE,EX,EX 2 +
-JoJo's Venture
-Samurai Shodown Anthology , 2
-Guilty Gear the Missing Link,GG AC,GG XX#R
-Fatal Fury 2,Fatal Fury Wild Ambition
-Dragon Ball GT Final Bout,Super Dragon Ball Z
-Zangefool,Kakuge Yarou and some other fighter maker games
-MvC2,UMvC3
-Soul Edge,Calibur 1,3,4
-Melty Blood Actress Again
-Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1 and 5
-King of Fighters 2000
#22  February 06, 2014, 11:00:15 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
I've been playing street fighter since i was like 5. Then went on to smash (if that counts), mortal kombat, soul calibur, and the vs series. Then later on went into the snk games,  and the tekken and virtua fighter series.
#23  February 06, 2014, 11:06:03 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
If it counts
-DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Infinite World, Raging Blast
-Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5
-Bleach Dark Souls

#24  February 06, 2014, 11:08:17 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
If it counts
-DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Infinite World, Raging Blast
-Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5
-Bleach Dark Souls

all kinds of fighting games count. its just a bit more interesting how far you go back and how much youve played. well, to me it is....
#25  February 06, 2014, 11:20:35 pm
-Tekken series (all games but started with 3 and later went backward)
-Soul series (did not play V, played SC1 much later on, started with Soul Blade though)
-Mortal Kombat (starting with Deadly Alliance, though I played a very small amount of 1 and 2)
-Versus series (starting from MSHvSF, did not play SFxT)
-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations & 3
-Injustice
-DBZ Budokai 1-3 (do not really remember it)
-Power Stone 1-2
-Destrega
-Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is on my shelf but barely played.
-Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown is installed on my console but barely played.
-Super Smash Bros (N64 only)
-Guilty Gear series (Original, X, and XX#Reload. Mainly familiar with X.)

Likely a lot of other things in the PS1/DC/early PS2 era that I played a little bit. I know I at one point had access to KOF Maximum Impact, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Third Strike, Star Gladiator, one or more Bloody Roar games, Project Justice, and DoA Ultimate, Ultimate 2, and 3, and probably more, as I had a modded PS1 and Dreamcast didn't require modding to play pirated games. I've listed the ones I did more in than turn on and fuck around in practice for an hour or two. Never been much of an SF fan, the majority of my exposure is through the Versus games. Never played an actual SNK game except very briefly KOF:MI. Mugen's familiarized me with all that.
#26  February 06, 2014, 11:24:02 pm
    • USA
wow i had star gladiator way back but i traded it.....i never got that back when i wanted it again. that was a pretty ok game there. that reminds me of those two Psychic force games for some reason now haha
#27  February 06, 2014, 11:26:18 pm
I didn't play it much, it was just in my big old stack of copied games. I just remember it 'cause it's where Hayato came from. xD

My main games were Tekken 3/MSHvSF/MvC1/Soul Blade in that era.

MDI

#28  February 06, 2014, 11:30:44 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Anyone else remember a few years ago when some user said that he was a huge fighting game player and that "Hell, Smash Bros. was the first fighting game I ever played!" and everyone gave him shit for it? In fact, I remember a few people putting that quote as their sig. Good times.

Anywho, my first exposure to fighting games was a Street Fighter 2 arcade game outside of a convenience store in Mexico. After that I continued to be a fan of almost every 2d Capcom fighter as well as Fatal Fury and World Heroes when I was really young. I used to frequently visit the arcade near my old place which was a pretty popular Chicagoland arcade, especially for the MK fans for many reasons.

I didn't really get into KOF until I started playing Mugen (2003). Mainly because I wasn't too familiar with the series, but thankfully all of the KOF Mugen creations familiarized me. (Thanks Brazilians!)
ey
#29  February 06, 2014, 11:45:33 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
-Tekken 2,3,4,6
-MK 1,2,3 (& Trilogy),4,GBA Deadly Alliance,Shaolin Monk-eys(lol),Deception,Armageddon,2011
-Street Fighter (2) , 3 (Third Strike only though, I had it on a disk that also had SF2-Turbo, came on PS2), 4
-MvC2,UMvC3

Those ^ (well, i edited out all the ones I had never played.)

- Clayfighters
- Killer Instinct 1,2
- Smash Bros. Original, Melee, and Brawl
- The original 3 DBZ Budokai's before they made it basically a beat-em-up
- Primal Rage
- Would Def Jam Fight for NY count? I played the hell outta that back in '04/'05 when it came out.
- And basically every wwe game that's ever come out. but wrestling games wouldn't count hah.

That's really about it

Never played any SNK games other than briefly C.V.S (like once for about 20 minutes)
Mugen basically got me into any fighters I like, would like, now.

I was more into games like Phantasy Star Episodes 1&2 back when i was younger, I didn't deeply get into fighters till i was like 13.

My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#30  February 06, 2014, 11:46:46 pm
  • SNK is life
#31  February 07, 2014, 12:19:07 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
-Tekken 2,3,4,6
-MK 1,2,3 (& Trilogy),4,GBA Deadly Alliance,Shaolin Monk-eys(lol),Deception,Armageddon,2011
-Street Fighter (2) , 3 (Third Strike only though, I had it on a disk that also had SF2-Turbo, came on PS2), 4
-MvC2,UMvC3

Those ^ (well, i edited out all the ones I had never played.)
I played Trilogy too and it was my 2nd MK game(first one being 4)
Also adding to my old list :
Clayfighters(The Sega one...or were they all on Sega!?The one without Earthworm Jim)
Killer Instinct 2 (Never got the hang of that combo system :C )
CvS(I didnt like it though)
i also played all DBZ Budokais including DBZ RB2(And i still think Raging Blast 2 is the most fun one,while SUper DBZ is the best one)
#32  February 07, 2014, 12:39:48 am
  • Fuck You.
my first fighter was whatever the first fighting game ever in history is

*zips pants back up*
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
Thanks to good fundamentals
#33  February 07, 2014, 12:40:45 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I started with SF2.
I enjoyed the genre so played every fighting game I could find. That's it.
#34  February 07, 2014, 01:13:17 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
My first fighting games that I really got into was SF2...then
-fatal fury
-Mortal Kombat
-Killer Instinct
-Mortal Kombat (series up to MK4... I hate MK4. came back at Deadly Alliance)
-all the other SF2 upgrades
-KOF series
-Real Bout series
-Tekken Series
-SFA series
-SF3
-Garou Mark of the Wolves
-Marvel Games (X-men COTA, MSH, Vs up to UMvC3... I really thought MvC2 was fun to play but hated many things about, Marvel3 took the hate to a new level.)
-Rival Schools & Project justice
-CvS series
-Soul Calibur Series up to 3
-Guilty Gear Series
-Melty Blood (the first 2, was playing MBAACC but didn't stick with it)
-BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extended
-for some reason I bought SxT when it first came out... this made me have more hate for Capcom, and I gave my 360 and all my games to my nephew.

I know there are games I didn't mention that I was into at one point in time but, I don't want to spend to much time thinking about it.
#35  February 07, 2014, 02:18:02 am
  • For honor!
It all started when I was a wee little lad that noticed there was a Street Fighter 2 arcade machine in the pizza place I was taken to and from that point on I became a fighting game fanatic and still am one to this day.
Iroha stripped for me
#36  February 07, 2014, 02:28:47 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
The first fighting game I remember playing was MK2 on the Geneses, when I was about 5 years old. First one I actually owned though was Super SF2: The New Challengers; also on the geneses. Since then I've played more fighting games than I can count, with my current (somewhat anemic) collection consisting of:
SF4:AE
Soul Calibur 4
TTT2
SF3:TSO
MK Arcade Kollection

I don't play them much these days though.
#37  February 07, 2014, 04:12:13 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
I guess the first fighting game i actually played was mk2 with my cousins when i was younger. It wasnt until i started living in my country for a couple years of school that i started loving fighting games. At the time the arcade scene was really lively and the best games were out. When i wasnt playing at the arcades i was at my uncles internet cafe where i played emulators like mame and neogeorex that had all the kofs and vs games that were out.(also played half life 1 religiously). When i got back to the states there were no arcades or any place i could go to, to play people. I played emulators until i found out about sfo, then i found out about mugen and here i am.  Didnt know i had a fighting games scene in my area until 3 years ago and ive been in it going to tournaments and such since then. I actually have a sponsor now lol but its not like im making chris g or justin wong money
#38  February 07, 2014, 07:45:08 am
    • USA
Thats actually pretty damn cool you have a sponsor for you for those competitions out there. keep puttin in that work man
#39  February 07, 2014, 11:35:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I got my first taste of fighting games when I was seven, with (surprise surprise) Street Fighter II. I only played platformers back then, so I was pretty shocked that you had to push "up" to jump and you couldn't kill things by jumping on them. It turned me off for a while. When I was 10 I tried it again and had fun although I couldn't get the knack of special moves (it took me forever to learn Blanka's rolling attack). My cousin would always map my controls so that the Strong buttons were closer to my fingers than the light ones which fucked up my perception of how to properly play fighting games for a while.

The first fighter I played outside of Street Fighter was Dragon Ball: Final Bout, which is a terrible game, but because me and my cousins were into DBZ at the time, we would play it religiously. And after that, I started exploring more fighters.

Discovering MUGEN through a DBZ compilation opened me up to a whole new world of fighters, and without it, I never would've been introduced to KOF, Rage of the Dragons, or the entire Jojo's Bizarre Adventure franchise. It also taught me that I really sucked at playing fighting games so I started trying to mend my ways.

Nowadays, I play whatever fighters catch my fancy, not the most popular ones nor super obscure ones, and I generally avoid the super-anime ones unless the aesthetics are really good (ie: Big Bang Beat). And while it's nice finding an obscure fighting game that people overlook (ie: Osu Karatebu), most of the time you're not missing anything in my experience.
#40  February 07, 2014, 04:05:09 pm
    • Peru
I started playing SF2 in Snes -Hyper fighting is my favorite game-, even if there were plenty of arcades around my area. I was young (9 years old) and I was kinda afraid of going into that kind of place.

But 1996 came and I started going to an arcade near my school. Played a lot of Street Fighter Alpha; then Marvel Super Heroes was released and my life was ruined because that when I started taking competition "seriously" (I started enjoying challenges).

Time passed, we got to 2009 and SFIV was released; knew a lot of new people playing the game, we formed a small community that grew around 50 members, we organized tournaments, leagues, events, etc. Lot of games were relased, people got really serious about playing and the community grew stronger.

A bit offtopic, but as far as I know Peruvian people is really good (amongst México/B.A.L.A. and Koreans) in KOF. It's a pitty good players don't have resources to make it to EVO :(

A guy I know couldn't make it toLas Vegas last year because they denied his Visa, and he was going because he won a ticket in a tournament in Chile.