YesNoOk

EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Read 634011 times)

Started by Renzo F, April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
Share this topic:
Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#121  November 16, 2017, 02:25:57 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Is that Shirase's new look?
#122  November 16, 2017, 04:51:55 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
So now Shirase will be a separate character from Hokuto.
#123  November 16, 2017, 04:54:26 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
I dunno, man. I personally think it won't be a totally separate character. I think it's probably gonna be something like an analog of Bloody Hokuto (My first thought I had in the head before I saw the name, BTW... Shirase really looks like another Evil mode for Hokuto.).
#124  November 16, 2017, 05:35:29 pm
There's most likely still both regular Shirase and evil Shirase as two different characters, just like when it was Hokuto and evil Hokuto. But as usual, evil Shirase seems to have the same moves as regular Shirase plus a couple additions. Even the same lame supers are still there, the double uppercut and the fans rush. Terrible.

The design is nice though. Edgy as fuck, but nice.

edit -
oh yeah, she says "I'll be the one to stop you" (as in, "you're not stopping me, I'm stopping you")
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:38:59 pm by Byakko
#125  November 16, 2017, 07:25:05 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I like how Shirase looks like a half-kairi instead of wearing just black clothes.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#126  November 16, 2017, 07:35:09 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Why do I look at Shirase and keep thinking "Tecmo's Deception"?  Still, nice design.
#127  November 18, 2017, 02:52:04 am
    • Argentina
There's most likely still both regular Shirase and evil Shirase as two different characters, just like when it was Hokuto and evil Hokuto. But as usual, evil Shirase seems to have the same moves as regular Shirase plus a couple additions. Even the same lame supers are still there, the double uppercut and the fans rush. Terrible.

The design is nice though. Edgy as fuck, but nice.

edit -
oh yeah, she says "I'll be the one to stop you" (as in, "you're not stopping me, I'm stopping you")

wish she had the miko wand thingie from sfex plus alpha
#128  November 19, 2017, 03:04:56 am
am i the only one who doesn't like the hit sounds? or are they just effects for the trailers?
#129  December 12, 2017, 03:22:49 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Demo is up and will last until after Christmas. (Must have PS+ to play the demo)
Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:48:05 am by videoman
#130  December 12, 2017, 03:45:03 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
T H I C C

I hope she still fun to play with, as in SFEX series.
Lasagna
#131  December 12, 2017, 12:52:27 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Blair fucking lifts
#132  December 12, 2017, 02:34:17 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Dat ass....

BTW, I couldn't find the demo anywhere on PS Store. Any help?
#133  December 12, 2017, 02:38:44 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Try looking for it on the website version. That's where I found it.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#134  December 12, 2017, 03:56:32 pm
also it's only if you have ps plus, apparently.

About Shirase, this is making it look like the new design is completely replacing the old one, it's not an alternate version as a separate char after all... It would explain why the base version had weird unpolished hair, and it would explain why the movelist wasn't changed at all, but that's a bit of a shame.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#135  December 12, 2017, 06:44:48 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I was able to find it on my PS app without PS+. The online requires it though.

I hope they include the old Hokuto design in the final version in some form.  Maybe as an alternate character.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#136  December 12, 2017, 11:19:15 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Character unique and special moves and super attacks by YouTube user PS360HD:

DW

#137  December 13, 2017, 07:40:10 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Go to the PS store and search in the Top Demos section. You'll find it there fyi.

I'm surprised they didn't allow local vs mode.... :-\ Only training and online vs. Game feels nice overall. I played 7 matches, lose 3, but that's because of fucking Allen man... With Skullo and Shirase, I was fine. In training mode, Allen felt nice, then I remembered why he's an inferior shoto clone... He has no viable normal attacks that can be used for anti air, aside from maybe stand HK. Though that's only if p2 is jumping in at you recklessly, and even then, why not just use Rising Dragon in that case? Some guy beat me twice with Shirase and her insane jump MK crossup and priority on it.

Also, the running/sliding normals is bullshit. They really need to get rid of that. Shirase can run and do crouch HK, sliding like 3/4 the length of the stage. It just feels weird to do in general. I like the Gougi system. I mainly use Aggro and Infinity. Though I lost once to a guy with Darun + Juggernaut gougi. That shit is kinda clutch, especially when paired up with a grappler like Darun. Rematched it up and Fire Forced him to death with Allen + Infinity lol. Miracle is kinda interesting, though I'm not feeling Shinobi at all. Maybe it's better paired with certain chars, like D.Dark or something.

I feel like they should add more uniqueness to the chars. Like giving them all different walking back animations. It's still like the old EX games where they all have the same walk back animation. They should also give some variations in the standing normals. Doing a lunging kick at close range is awkward and also detrimental with negative frames. Negative edge is here, but it feel a bit too strict, as opposed to their older games. It is just a beta though, so I don't fault them too much. For what's here, it feels nice, and is headed in the right direction. I'm not too fond of Garuda's new voice, and he's missing the shoulder spikes anti air move he had. Maybe they just haven't implemented it yet.

Progressive(aka Easy) mode is trash. I picked it by accident twice, before I knew what it meant. Cost me fights... Skullo's new stance is funny. Allen's voice is nice, but what the hell does he say for his back throw? He's like: "Strike the body! Now I gotta keep it in water!" Nigga what lol? All in all it feels good though, looking forward to release, I'm picking it up definitely.
Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:47:53 pm by DW
#138  December 13, 2017, 08:32:06 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Funny you say that cause allen is considered best in the game currently. As an allen main I can tell you why, his normals not being anti airs arent an issue when his srk does a better job or the fact he can blow up bad jump ins with a whole command grab lol. The normals he does have are very effective pokes s.mk especially. His damage is explosive and hes a better shoto than kairi. I'm currently sitting at 117-21. Warranted I've been using him since ex 1 so everything felt extremely familiar from the jump. The only real gripe I have with him is justice fist has an even slower recovery than before and with quick rise you always have to super cancel it but even that is a small con compared to the big damage it has. Playing him like a shotoclone is actually the worst way to use him tbh.

The running system was put in recently and it shows how little testing it probably had. It's pretty much how all infinites are possible currently but the goal of this beta was to test their netcode. I have no idea whats going on with allens voice either rofl

DW

#139  December 13, 2017, 08:59:48 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I can barely get loaded into matches, or I would have played more. Not nearly as many as you have, but a lot more. Despite how I feel about him, I do agree that he is one of the upper tier chars, if not the best. DPs are nice, but with input lag and all the varying issues with online play, I find a crouching/standing fierce to be a lot more reliable. His command throw lacks priority and range imo. Darun has the range and priority you would expect from a command grapple, but I've been poked out of Allen's throw before, and I've poked others out of it as well. Also yeah, Justice Fist is god awful unsafe. Though it was always one of his cooler ability to me. I've only been able to play online with Shirase, Skullo, and Allen. Want to play with Garuda and Kairi as well.

What Gougi are you using with Allen? I've mostly used Infinity with him and Shirase. I swap between Aggro and Infinity with Skullo, but mostly use Aggro with him.
#140  December 13, 2017, 10:37:44 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
i only use aggro. and as far as his cmd grab goes I usually run up and do it if I conditioned them to expect pokes constantly. or I set it up on their wake up if they think I'm going to do something like an overhead so they sit still blocking. everynow and then I throw in a dp to catch them trying to jump out. It's pretty silly. Also I was wrong I'm actually at 107-18 now that I got home to see it. Most of my matches came from replaying people who wanted to. i have my settings on 3 bar with no check on region and I have rarely gotten anyone who wasnt from usa.