YesNoOk

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] (Read 1541166 times)

Started by Moon Girard, January 18, 2017, 11:28:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android]
#2481  August 23, 2018, 01:05:00 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, one thing I learned is to never merge into a neutral hero. If I could get a good IV Veronica, i'd merge her in a heartbeat.
#2482  August 28, 2018, 02:37:08 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
The new Abyssal difficulty can fuck right off.
#2483  August 28, 2018, 03:07:54 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, it's meant for people with 5* merged units and even then its hard.
#2484  August 29, 2018, 09:16:55 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Abyssal is stupid and if they add this difficulty to the GHB then it will be not fun at all. I managed to clear them (it took like 6 hours) and here are some clears that use some f2p units:

Also a cool Cherche solo clear. I'm pretty sure an unmerged 5 star Cherche with +atk ivs can do this as well

#2485  September 14, 2018, 11:56:27 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Wasn't expecting new heroes this quickly.

Spoiler: Also, after this summoning focus... (click to see content)
#2486  September 14, 2018, 06:59:04 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Finally the story is over. I hope Book 3 has a better story.
#2487  September 20, 2018, 05:26:32 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Trailers out, Hellbindi and the older sister has an a skill that will turn units with higher or lower BST will make them cap at 170.
Edit: Freaking hell they stats.....
Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:34:08 am by R565
#2488  December 28, 2018, 10:22:01 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
It's been a while, but I think this is really important news that it actually requires some notification. To those who still play this game, IS is actually revamping the whole boon/bane system.

In an upcoming update, having a merge on any unit will cancel any bane they may have had while the boon remains intact. For example if you happened to have pulled a character who had a boon in Res and a bane in Atk, maxing out that character and applying a merge onto them will grant them +3 (or +4 if it was a super bane) to Atk effectively neutralizing the bane while keeping the boon. Those with neutral IVs will gain 1 point to their 3 highest stats.

This change is actually great and basically makes every character viable regardless of their IVs without fear of the game reducing their more important stats while still increasing one of them. However you will still need an additional copy of said character if you want to get rid of their bane if they had one to begin with which can be quite trying on 5* exclusive Heroes.

...Even then I still think this game is hot garbage as the powercreep and continuous alts of the same characters runs rampant.
#2489  December 28, 2018, 01:39:07 pm
That would have been really good a year ago.
No, I mean, an actually well thought through system would have been great a year ago. This is just taking the easy solution to dump the ticket in the "done" pile and give up on it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2490  December 28, 2018, 03:23:09 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
This is a good fix to all the units I've gotten with bad ivs. I can't count the number of times I've missed a kill because of an atk bane.
I spent all my orbs and no Azura. But I got Fjorms for merging so that's always good.
#2491  December 30, 2018, 10:03:30 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Man, it's good to see people still talking about FEH on this site, (then again I never go on the discord....)

I did get Legendary Azura but she's def boon and speed bane.
#2492  January 02, 2019, 06:07:23 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#2493  January 02, 2019, 07:33:55 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Seriously, if they think we are going to pay that much for fucking 10000 feathers, orbs, a unit, and things for small moments.....

Holy shit, it is Titiln. I bet this will make his day.
#2494  January 09, 2019, 08:10:36 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Wtf is this? The first beast unit we get and his A skill already power creeps like 5 of them.

Sturdy Impact/Sturdy Blow 4
When unit initiates combat it grants:
- +6 Atk
- +10 Def
- Prevents enemy from using a follow up attack

I thought Death Blow 4 and Fortress Def/Res 3 was too much, but that was nothing compared to Steady Stance 4. Then they release this monster of a skill. They continue to impress me even more with how much they power creep so fast with every single new banner!

Matsushita: Of course power creep is something we’re concerned about. But we are taking action to prevent that from happening. I think you’ll see some of that in future updates. While I can’t go into what those future updates are at this time, I do want to let you know that we understand that people love Fire Emblem characters, and we do want to respect the feelings those fans have towards those characters.

Fuck this game.
#2495  January 09, 2019, 12:15:37 pm
At least if there was a way to forge these skills on your own, but no, you need to roll these specific units to get them. And you need to roll one for every unit you want to give that skill to.
Other games use material collection to build up your characters, and then give new game modes to collect specific material, but looking at seal forge and how stupid hard it is to get silver coins, they can't do that right. How many seals do you guys still have left to max out ? And then they come up with aether raid that gives aether stones that are entirely useless outside of that mode.
This has just been circling the drain ever since the blessing system, a closed loop that's only useful for itself, and that you can't even properly build teams around because the bonus changes with the character instead of the blessing type so the blessing system immediately negates its own point (giving a fixed blessing to someone is useless because the stat bonus will change with the partner you use, so this actually severely limits the teams you can make). "Closed loop" game modes are just bad design. Why even play aether raid beyond getting the pity grails ? (Which need a month and a half before you can even use them anyway)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:25:36 pm by Byakko
#2496  January 09, 2019, 02:02:11 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, I think this game just about run its course, unless they figure things out, this game is done and only people that got the cash will play it.
#2497  January 09, 2019, 07:18:45 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
It just feels like a massive grind. The whole game.

-With all these new skills with the nasty yellow borders, you need to fodder off at least two units to inherit them. If you want Sturdy Impact, you need to fodder off a unit with armored or death blow 1, then Sturdy Blow 1, 2 and impact off Tibarn. You can't get Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt 3 from Nailah without getting two copies of her.
-Aether Raids is just a mess. It's just a guessing game. There's this one guy who's stream I watched yesterday (who's always talking about the "math" to FEH) and he had to surrender because he guessed wrong stepping on a trap.
-Having to use bonus units to get kills in Arena isn't too bad, until you're forced to take on Surtr with Sharena. Also If you know your team can fight 740+ battles why does the game prioritise giving you the lowest score range 90% of the time? It just makes you waste crests if you want to score high.
-PVE content. You do it once and never again.
-Summoning. If you want a specific unit from a banner you need at least 400 orbs if you are unlucky.

#2498  January 10, 2019, 03:24:47 am
The thing I don't get with the new red flyboy is, when he attacks, his weapon makes him double the enemy, and his A skill prevents the enemy from doubling him - so when he attacks, the entire SPD stat just stops existing. (also, anyone remembered that Wary Fighter was a thing that existed and was also power-crept by that skill and not just for armors ?)
Skills like Chill / Dull allowed to really affect your odds against the biggest threat on the map and they were getting a lot more widespread with the recent banners filled with Chill weapons, but now we're just making a whole stat obsolete regardless of who is facing who, as long as you're attacking ? Is that how they're going to make it possible to have like 5 on one specific stat, to justify putting another stat in the 50s before any other boost ?
Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:45:17 am by Byakko
#2499  January 10, 2019, 08:23:46 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
In some good news, at least the new refines for Tailtiu, Julia, and Deirdre are incredibly good. Seliph, not so much.

Tailtiu
- Base version adds Wrath 3
- Unique refine adds Darting Blow 3

Julia
- Base refine adds Steady Posture 2 (upgraded from vanilla version's Steady Posture 1)
- Unique refine negates adaptive damage from dragons, negates Wrathful Staff skills, and adds Close Counter when Dragons attack

Deirdre
- Base refine negates adaptive damage from all enemies, while still negating all forms of visible buffs during battle
- Unique refine adds Res check that increases her all of her stats by 3 during combat if her Res is +3 or higher than her opponent.

Seliph
- Base refine adds Miracle effect when his HP is over 50% when struck with an otherwise fatal blow (removed +4 Def effect from vanilla version)
- Unique refine adds Atk/Def Bond 3

I already blew out my hoarded Divine Dew just to refine Julia's, Deirdre's, and Tailtiu's weapons. It was actually quite unfair that Julia and her mom basically got dicked on their niche when facing dragons because of their adaptive damage, but now they're a hard counter again.

I'm so glad that I didn't end up feeding my spare Eir to Julia for Mystic Boost and gave it to Alm instead.

Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:27:30 am by Magical Amber
#2500  January 10, 2019, 10:18:23 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Yeah I knew not to give Mystic Boost to Julia. I knew she'd get that effect sooner or later. I thought about Seliph's effect and realised he could do miracle vengeance like in Awakening and Fates. Because of his obscene amount of hp he could do up to 25 damage procs (35 with wrath).
On a slightly related note Hel's Scythe has the miracle effect but she just needs to have more than 1 hp to activate the effect. With Mystic boost she could have infinite miracle.