YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1002629 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#721  May 10, 2018, 06:40:38 pm
The Last of Us

Hugely overrated game. Bad, frustrating gameplay. Lots of ladders and hauling on chains to open doors. Who thought this was a good idea?
#722  May 25, 2018, 05:10:45 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Really? I thought it was the best of the year. :C

But then, I'm also a sucker for "parental" things.
#723  June 09, 2018, 08:32:03 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Oh fucking okay then crash the fucking game the moment I come close to beating level 12 of Vigilante you fucking piece of shit with your fucking ropey slippy slidey car physics and your chat radio constantly defaulting that Nurse Bob prick, be that way.

GOD the Stories games fucking suck sometimes.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#724  June 09, 2018, 09:44:01 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Cave Story+ (Switch)

Realized I didn't get the good ending, but by that time I already deleted the save. Gonna go back to it, but with the original graphics and the chiptune soundtrack.
#725  January 24, 2019, 12:25:08 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Fortnite

I don't even like this game to a true extent, I just hop on occasionally. Then I realised all the other games I should be playing, and played those. Seriously, SSBU and all the other fighting games are way more fun to play IMO.

But, I technically also stopped playing Sonic Forces, for obvious reasons. It made me leave the Sonic fandom entirely.
#726  February 01, 2019, 06:29:08 am
  • Dark Templar
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition on Xbox One.

Kinda boring, I miss some co op achievements but honestly I rather play alone
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#727  March 05, 2020, 09:17:14 am
Afro Samurai:
Clunky and unintuitive combat, uninteresting story, and bad voice acting (besides Samuel jackson). No thank you. I'd rather play something else.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#728  March 31, 2020, 09:38:32 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Afro Samurai:
Clunky and unintuitive combat, uninteresting story, and bad voice acting (besides Samuel jackson). No thank you. I'd rather play something else.

Shoulda played the sequel. I hear it's much better. ;)
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#729  March 31, 2020, 10:34:19 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Nier Automata

Most overrated game ever existed and they still won't shut up about it.
The gameplay is boring and repetitive, the enviroment is pretty bland and characters are not appealing at all yet they praise especially 2B way too much like a million time.
I seriously don't understand this huge success.
This is fate.
#730  June 15, 2020, 03:23:13 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition

So after thoroughly enjoying FF7 Remake I began searching for another fix. Having skipped everything after FF12, I decided to give FF15 a shot. I'd heard some...questionable things about it, but what the hell, I thought, it's only $15.

Well, what I found is the most boring, vapid game I'd played in a long time. I gave it a couple hours but I just couldn't drag myself through it.

I've since moved on to the PC version of FF13 which is much better, surprisingly. I'll do a small write up on that after giving it some more time.
#731  June 15, 2020, 05:10:13 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ironic.  Before finishing getting to the last line, XIII was the direct comparison I was going to use in that whenever I hear of XV, it has a painfully slow start, but is much more enjoyable by the latter half.  Except XV has the opposite problem, it's too non-linear, which is what threw me off from sticking to it for much longer than the part where you get in the Gears of War-ish turret section to get your first royal weapon thing.  Going through the XIII trilogy, the first half of XIII is 45 hours or so long of a story you're forced to follow, with two difficult fights requiring some thought with the rest all but on-rails, so if you don't enjoy it from the get-go you're in for a ROUGH time.

I however thoroughly enjoyed the world and lore and characters, except Hope and Vanille's execution now and then, but clearly it wasn't everyone's cup of tea.  I think what bugs me the most of XIII is after all that time spent going through the world following a set in stone story structure, once the game does open up to freely explore much of the previous areas are unable to return to for narrative purposes.  Besides gameplay issues of this meaning there's a handful of permanently missable items because of this, it just stifles the wonder of this world they're building up.
#732  June 15, 2020, 08:00:01 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Yeah XIII is rough. I never bought the shit people said with it opening up when you reach Gran Pulse because it doesn't. You're still fucking fighting the entire time (good battle system imo but I doubt most people wanna do nothing but fight in their JRPGs) and the narrative stops until you decide to go back to linearity. Also yeah being able to miss items sucks.

Thankfully XIII-2 is some good shit. If you enjoyed XIII's concepts but wish it had better execution then try XIII-2. Won't say much besides that cause it's pretty wild.
#733  June 16, 2020, 04:35:51 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Yeah, it’s good to have fights broken up by mild bits of exploration but my expectations are very much in check with 13 lol. I’ve been playing so many open world games lately, in fact, that a linear adventure is just what I need.

I’m only an hour or so in (spent quite some time debugging various issues on PC) but I like the setting, focus and characters a lot more than 15.
#734  February 12, 2024, 06:57:32 pm
  • Never give up
Baldurs Gate 3

This is one of the best RPG's of all time! The freedom to roleplay any way you want is overwhelming! Don't like the quest giver? Kill him. Don't like a main character? Either don't add them to the team or get rid of them. Being able to do what you want and the story still continues is crazy!

I stopped playing in the final act with 148 hours played. I tried to see every characters story through to their ends and had so many quest and bosses to fight that I just gave up.

I could have ignored their quest and did the main quest to see the ending, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much without their individual story endings.

This game is worth playing. I wouldn't recommend trying to see everything though. Too much time is needed for that.