YesNoOk

I Can't use adobe After effects cs4 on my laptop (Read 1163 times)

Started by Froz, April 01, 2012, 11:24:42 pm
Share this topic:
I Can't use adobe After effects cs4 on my laptop
#1  April 01, 2012, 11:24:42 pm
    • USA
i know it takes chunks of resources, but it get's to the point where the program crashes/hangs/freezes moments after running it. What is the problem?

i have a 500GB HD
2GB of RAAM
video card: Mobile Intel 4
Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit version

is there a way to get around/fix this problem? or do i have to use an alternative of adobe after FX cs4?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: I Can't use adobe After effects cs4 on my laptop
#2  April 02, 2012, 06:46:53 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Unless your CPU doesn't push higher than 2.00GHz, I can't see why you have this problem.

In any case the answer is easy...get more RAM.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#3  April 02, 2012, 09:38:37 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Closing applications such as Mozilla Firefox also help. And disable Windows gadgets or aero themes you may have, as these are serious memory hoggers
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4  April 02, 2012, 10:52:06 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Ah yes...forgot about Aero themes. Avoid them unless you have a fast CPU.

I usually turn off my Antivirus shields as well when I am working on graphics and not surfing the net.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#5  April 02, 2012, 11:02:39 pm
    • USA
Closing applications such as Mozilla Firefox also help. And disable Windows gadgets or aero themes you may have, as these are serious memory hoggers

i also listen to music when trying to do something in any program, so that might also rip out a good proportion.

Ah yes...forgot about Aero themes. Avoid them unless you have a fast CPU.

I usually turn off my Antivirus shields as well when I am working on graphics and not surfing the net.

i have a Dell Inspiron 1545, i'm not sure if that's fast enough.
and yes i will try these methods to open up some space for the program.

can someone recommend me other good graphics creating programs or a good After Effects alternative?
Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:32:50 pm by Froz
#6  April 08, 2012, 03:01:49 am
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
Dell 1545 is an old laptop nowadays with outdated tech, and falls into the bottom tier of laptops.

Music should not be a memory hogger, unless you're running iTunes on it and/or Windows Media Player with visualisations on full. I use Winamp Classic (note: NOT modern, which uses memory hogging themes/skins) personally and that soaks up 10mb or so, I'm sure there are other players around more lightweight (testing in Media Player Classic shows 5mb usage)

I cannot recommend any applications, I'm not good in that field.

However, you might want to tweak your laptop for:

Start up applications that aren't required
Check out http://www.blackviper.com/ for information on what you can disable to improve memory, however, WARNING if you're not too familiar or experienced with the Windows system in general, it is recommended you do NOT fiddle with what you see here because it can affect your laptop (i.e. no internet, or something else won't work)

Alternatively, before you run this program, go to Task Manager and see what you can end task that you don't need, if they make sense to you, but don't randomly end task ones with high memory usage such as svchost.exe as it can affect your system, and you may need to reboot to get it back to normal.

As every laptop is different I cannot point out what to close down.

Again, if you're not comfortable, don't do anything of the things I've said here.
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)