YesNoOk

How to create Mugen full games? (Read 3386 times)

Started by SADF, September 13, 2007, 10:53:04 pm
Share this topic:
How to create Mugen full games?
#1  September 13, 2007, 10:53:04 pm
  • Za Warudo!
I want to create a game.  I've made a few practice characters and am decent in that, but I want to know how to make full games.
Re: How to create Mugen full games?
#2  September 13, 2007, 11:16:39 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
er.. to create a full game you just create all the content and put it together. for basics. now, to create a good full game everithing needs a consistent feeling.
#3  September 15, 2007, 12:55:57 am
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
Some other guidelines to help you:

Keep it simple
Don't overlook at what you can do (i.e. 20 characters)
Work out some sort of a system you'd like to do, again, within your limitations (time, knowledge)
Simple storyline (not essential, but if you want a full game feel, but fighting games generally have simple storylines on the shallow end and until developer/people release more material, the characters are generally not known a lot)

Sooo. If you want some form of an example: (this is all randomly pulled out of my head)

Name: Street Fighter 4
Number of Characters: 6 (remember, start low, then expand if possible, i.e. you got the time or ideas)
Characters: Ryu, Ken, Chunli, William, Gouki, (? ? ?) ; (? ? ? = Boss/Secret Character)
Stages: 6 or 7 (1 per char, 1 bonus maybe)
Plot: Gouki got horny, raped Ryu and Ken's girlfriend and is planning a nuclear strike on China. William (Guile ;P) gets involved. Chunli wants to stop Gouki. Ken and Ryu are after Gouki but are unaware of the nuclear strike on China.

Other guidelines:

Remember 1 character is a bit of work already. More doesn't help. Try to work on 1 at a time.
Make a "base" character first to use for all your other characters. Remember that this isn't 6 random characters thrown together, it should be, as [E] pointed out, consistent in a way. If you are unsure what I mean, for example each character should have 3 "power bars" and each super should use the same number of power bars.
Again, keep it simple.
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#4  September 17, 2007, 09:34:31 pm
  • Silence is golden. So go platinum.
    • addham2it.com
I agree with LadyKiki except for the "Try to work on 1 at a time" statement. I find that consistancy and balance is easier to achieve when characters are worked on all at once. That is if you're working on a few at once. If you try 20 characters all at once, then it gets to be way too tedius in some parts of the creation process.
Bailan en la playa!