YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1516050 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#4481  July 05, 2017, 08:24:41 pm

lissa, frederick, robin and lucina
#4482  July 06, 2017, 06:50:49 am
#4483  July 06, 2017, 07:05:44 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Never got the chance to play it because I didn't own a WiiU (or any non-handheld Nintendo console for the last two decades or so) and the friend whose console I borrowed to play Bayo 2 didn't own it.

Heard there's a Bayo 1 & 2 tease out there as well.

EDIT: Yeah, there it is!

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 07:11:33 am by Speedpreacher
#4484  July 08, 2017, 10:24:17 pm
Random Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay

Mix of US and Japanese dubbing, if that's an actual option to pick per unit, that's pretty cool. Although it's odd, Xander introduces himself in Japanese but then chats in English ? Is that just not final, or maybe it doesn't affect the chats in battle and only cinematic scenes because switching languages too often in the heat of battle would be too confusing ? It would also save them the trouble of storing every single line of dialog in both languages.

With Fire Emblem's heavy emphasize on the player being the strategist, and seeing how they keep mentioning "I've received a report" when something changes (like a thief calling for reinforcements), I'm hoping that various side missions (stop reinforcements before they come, protect an allied fort in danger...) have a system that affects how you're seen as a strategist, and it's really the player as the strategist deciding how to react to the reports. Like it learns to tell if you're ruthless, reckless in charging a fort with too much protection, cautious in securing all your forts before picking off enemy positions on by one, effective in switching to an appropriate unit for a mission that's far away from your current position... I'm not too hopeful on something as detailed as that, but it would be a good fit for the usual flow of battle in Warriors games and the recurring themes of Fire Emblem.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:32:07 pm by Byakko
#4485  July 13, 2017, 03:45:46 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#4486  July 13, 2017, 08:15:46 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Seriously? ANOTHER freaking 3DS model? I say good riddance to that. They made too many other models any way.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#4487  July 13, 2017, 08:43:06 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4488  July 14, 2017, 09:40:07 pm
I don't think the 3DS needs any more new models. I am fine with their current models. At least, we have the chance to get new Games until the end of 2018 as Nintendo wants to continue with it for another year.
#4489  July 14, 2017, 09:56:46 pm
Where the fuck are you guys getting the idea that there's a new model
(beside the New 2DS XL which we already knew about)
#4490  July 14, 2017, 10:53:52 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I was thinking of buying a standard New 3DS to replace my XL just because I don't like the pixel density on XL.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#4491  July 15, 2017, 12:39:44 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Where the fuck are you guys getting the idea that there's a new model
(beside the New 2DS XL which we already knew about)

It's because the small/regular New 3DS is unheard of in most regions, so its existence is news to them :P

It's dat one what done got those cover plates that yous can mix 'n' match. Pretty much completely overshadowed and outsold by the New 3DS XL.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4492  July 15, 2017, 05:24:42 pm
#4493  July 15, 2017, 06:09:48 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Reminder, Today is Splatoon 2's Splatfest.
If you have a switch, download the free Splatoon 2 demo and get some early matches in.

Playtime is 4 hours long, starting at 3PM US-PT/6PM US-ET/ 5PM UK-BST
#4494  July 18, 2017, 12:18:27 pm
#4495  July 19, 2017, 03:30:52 pm
1: save us a god damned click and post the trailer instead

2: another indie game with mediocre pixel art coming to the switch is not news
#4496  July 19, 2017, 11:33:15 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Previously, on the Nintendo Thread:

... this is insane
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/07/early-tests-show-bizarre-issues-with-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-app/
As Nintendo points out in the app's official FAQ, voice chat cannot run in the background while using your phone for other purposes such as "texts, social media, etc.":

Nintendo said:
The voice chat will disconnect while you're talking on the phone or using another application, but your voice chat will restart in the same room once you open the Nintendo Switch Online application again as long as the game session is still ongoing.

What's more, early testing confirms that the app won't work if your phone goes into power-saving "sleep mode," with the screen inactive. And don't bother trying to use the app to chat with your Switch friends while away from the system, either: you can only join chat rooms with people when you're actively playing a specific, supported game with them.
Nintendo, please.

I love you, but please.

For the love of god, what the fuck are you doing?
#4497  July 19, 2017, 11:53:15 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
They are trying to be innovative, but it comes out awkward as heck. I really do hope they have a solid voice chat option in the future.
#4498  July 20, 2017, 01:07:58 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
nintendo does an internet thing wrong, color me shocked
#4499  July 20, 2017, 01:13:27 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I could handle them doing an internet thing wrong, like they always do, but this is so beyond the pale, even for them! It's completely and utterly insane!!!
#4500  July 20, 2017, 01:43:37 am
imagine doing that on a plane lol, on a serious note, cant you just plug a headset into the switch directly and make it work ? I dont own the thing, I have no idea what inputs it has.