YesNoOk

Injustice Gods amongs us 2: The armored edition (Read 402514 times)

Started by Iced, June 10, 2016, 11:24:32 am
Share this topic:

SNT

Re: Injustice Gods amongs us 2: The armored edition
#101  June 15, 2016, 10:25:25 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:27:42 am by SNT
#102  June 16, 2016, 03:09:05 am
    • USA
That's what all competitive games boil down to, finding whatever's the best.

I was speaking more from a perspective in which there'd be more about the game to discover. Throwing a Marvel comparison, it has tons of flexibility as to what you can do because there are so many combinations of teams and assists. Sorta like a sandbox fighter. Sure people are gonna go to whatever works, but part of the fun of Marvel is experimenting what can be found that no one else has tried. It's why the game has so much replayability in the tourney circuit, at least outside of it being made by Capcom.

Gear I think could've added a similar element, but more akin to something like CvS2. I know I sound like I'm buying into PR, but I was intrigued at the idea of people finding which combo could make the best Batman, or whoever. Even though it'd look like an optical atrocity. A vanilla game without any of this sounds much more limited in comparison, even with it being easier to get right.

But eh, probably for the best, random loot crates already sounded like it was headed for failure.

The idea is doomed before release. A lot of gear will never be touched because it's weaker than the rare counterpart, other gear will offer slightly less stats than something else but will in return give you some OP shit and will also become the meta.

Then you have the tourney mode where either the armors will have no effect and you can wear whatever you want or you're just forbidden from using anything at all and must play as the vanilla version of a character. That means a lot of armor-exclusive moves will never get any competitive use, making the entire thing a waste. And even if tournaments allowed one to use gear (Via a DLC that would unlock everything, like in MKX) then you'll have people spending several minutes per match tweaking their characters (I wonder if you'll be able to even do that in the character select screen) and WB will probably not even give you everything with that DLC anyway, but keep some stuff as drop only because they're dumb and NRS will do anything they say (Which they're paid for).
#103  June 16, 2016, 04:47:25 am
    • Brazil
Well, I'm glad for it, because the idea was terrible in the first place, and I don't mind using the gear only for appearence customization or not using the gear at all.
#104  June 17, 2016, 04:34:56 am
    • Brazil
#105  June 17, 2016, 04:35:33 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Does that mean no more dlc for mkx?
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

lui

#106  June 17, 2016, 04:39:43 am
    • USA
yup

"But you know, Scorpion in Injustice was the most downloaded of all the characters. There was a coolness and a novelty factor to seeing the mixing of the things. Alien and Predator in Mortal Kombat X were the most downloaded of those, so I would be surprised if we didn’t do any of that."
shit, guest characters confirmed :/
Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:42:58 am by walruslui
#107  June 17, 2016, 04:50:41 am
    • Brazil
Guest characters are just as "unexpected" as Wonder Woman.

EDIT: Also, I was looking at this video:

Batman: "I'm not Clark's enemy."
Supergirl: "This sure is a funny way to show it."
Batman: "You haven't heard the whole story."

Don't tell me that Supergirl is just going to appear out of nowhere and Superman will tell her he was betrayed or something and she will help him for that. That is a very shitty cliché.
Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:57:13 am by Lord M
#108  June 17, 2016, 05:01:21 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Yay for Spawn.  Kinda.  He's still mis-matched in this toned down fighter, ripping limbs, causing a swarm of maggots to form out of the opponent's eyes, mouth and veins, all that fun brutal stuff he uses just can't come into play here, so I dunno how I'd feel if he did end up here in the end.

Appeal to Toriyama and get Goku instead.

But seriously, even with guest stars included, expanding the DLC roster just means there's that many more slots for non-guest stars to show as well, so there's hope for them.
Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:04:34 am by Long John Killer

lui

#109  June 17, 2016, 05:37:37 am
    • USA
boon said that he never even talked to todd about the spawn deal so i dont think thats gonna happen.

maybe a marvel crosso-*shot*
#110  June 17, 2016, 05:53:32 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I would love one of the Ninja Turtles, as that crossover was way better than it had any right to be
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#111  June 17, 2016, 06:04:54 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'd put money down it's Sub-Zero this time.

lui

#112  June 17, 2016, 06:15:05 am
    • USA
what if they put overwatch guest characters and just put in fucking bastion and he becomes god-tier in that game as well.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#113  June 17, 2016, 06:53:27 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
What
#114  June 27, 2016, 11:56:54 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
1hour of gameplay

#115  June 28, 2016, 06:24:30 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
2:43minutes of Interview

#116  June 28, 2016, 06:58:06 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
"With Injustice breaking off into our own alternate universe – which is so great about the whole multiverse thing… you can come up with anything – while we wanted to do that, we kind of wanted to jump outside of the box where Superman becomes this dictator and he actually has killed somebody and really serious stuff like that.
It's an idea so out of the box it landed face first onto the concrete.

With that said the original game had one of the better representations of a heroic Supes in a long time so hopefully he'll show up again so we won't just be stuck with yet another Dark Supes (which going by what's seen of this seems the case :( )
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:01:42 pm by Roman55
#117  June 28, 2016, 07:55:55 pm
    • Brazil
Good, because I don't really like the idea of putting two worlds in the game.
#118  June 28, 2016, 11:10:41 pm
    • Netherlands
I wonder what this will mean for certain characters like Lex Luthor, Joker and Shazam though. Maybe they'll just pull a Mortal Kombat-esque 'everyone revives all the time' deal or so. I doubt Joker and Luthor especially will be left out.
#119  June 30, 2016, 12:27:05 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
So the latest issue of the Injustice comic may have just hinted at the plot device for this game. Batman asked Flash to run back in time and stop the Joker, could this then be a MK9 style storyline?

It would be a convenient way to bring back any dead characters and maybe change certain characters allegiances, since Flash was fighting Superman in the trailer.
#120  June 30, 2016, 01:33:55 am
    • Brazil
Aside having Ra's Al Ghul being involved, I don't think the first trailer has any indication on the story. As Batman is fighting Flash who is fighting Superman who was attacked by Supergirl, it was just a general everyone beating everyone.