YesNoOk

Artmoney table for Arm Joe, Super Cosplay War Ultra (also...) (Read 6036 times)

Started by N., April 15, 2017, 05:45:03 am
Share this topic:

N.

Artmoney table for Arm Joe, Super Cosplay War Ultra (also...)
#1  April 15, 2017, 05:45:03 am
Even though there's probably easier ways to get sprites and sounds from Fighter Maker files, I decided to try making something to try and rip sprites (and to a lesser extent, sounds) from this.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/z9hwxx

- To get the offset: Search at integer 2 bytes for 000E/14 when the timer is above 56 seconds, 000D/13 when the timer is above 52, 000C/12 when the timer is above 48, and 000B/11 when the timer is above 44.  Apply the offset to Timer 2.

- This is kinda tricky to use, because the game's inconsistent with what gets affected, as far as the 70 groups of addresses go (how they're grouped together seems to be the same though).  SP is short for Sprite Priority, and it's the same as the ones in the groups of 6 addresses (it's organized the way it is because I kept having to redo the list).  You'll be setting values to 0 in this and hopefully hiding everything but P1's portrait (because it ignores gravity, making it easier to reposition) in one go.  Priority values are:

0006/6 - Players, player portraits
0007/7 - Player shadows
000B/11 - Health bars, super numbers
000D/13 - Timer numbers
0011/17 - BG and BG objects
0014/20 - Health and super meters
001A/26 - Win Icons

Do not set them above what they're supposed to be, or the game may crash.  Also, these may not work right if you try using them to get other stuff (using the sprite mod for the timer numbers yields some results, if you want to try that). 

Once you've hidden everything but the player's portrait, you can freeze the value to the 2nd Animation Time to 1 to freeze the animations (because timers are 4 bytes), preventing the game from reverting your changes.  Some animations will probably need to be reorganized (mentioning this because Valjean's stand animation jumps around).

- About the BG:  Hiding or repositioning it offscreen isn't an option because of that afterimage thing you get in MUGEN when a stage doesn't completely cover the screen.

- BG Color should probably be frozen to FF00FF/16711935 before the match starts.  Having Robo Jean as one of the characters apparently lets you recolor the BG almost on the fly because of the color flickering, but you could also restart the match with a time over if you want to change the colors to something else.  It'll also affect the BG objects because they share colors with the background, but I also found a way to unhide the mask colors and recolor them (there may be more addresses to find for this), if you want to try getting them.  Also, I didn't test these on any stage beyond Seine02.

- I tried to find something to stop sounds from playing.  Whatever I found sorta does it, but it's not perfect (not even sure what they're affecting to cause that).

- Freeze the Disable music address to 0 before you start the match.
1 Last Updated: 4/19/23
2 Last Updated: 1/16/21
3 Last Updated: 04/20/23
4 Last Updated: 7/16/17
Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:59:22 am by N.

N.

Re: Artmoney table for Arm Joe, Super Cosplay War Ultra (also...)
#2  September 15, 2017, 08:19:08 am
You might've seen this already, but I've got something for getting stuff from Super Cosplay War Ultra:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0msg2w

There's 2 tables in this .rar.  BG is what you get when I take the list of addresses for priority, copy them, and then add X/Y position mods, current sprite/frame and animation time mods, and the palfx timer and color mods to all of them.  They should make it a little easier to get BG/lifebar sprites.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Spoiler: But wait, there's more! (click to see content)
1 Last Updated: 4/19/23
2 Last Updated: 1/16/21
3 Last Updated: 04/20/23
4 Last Updated: 7/16/17