YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 621323 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs
#41  March 17, 2017, 08:26:49 am
  • Was it something I said?
Well, to answer your question, I'm having a bit of trouble with Yoga Flame right now. I've been a bit busy as well. However, I'll have more time this week to work on our friend, Dhalsim. I'll have to ask for some help with this.

1. Dhalsim just stops in place (more specifically in his Light command), and when he hits, he can't do the Yoga Flame again (it goes into when he stops the action.)
2. CvS2 has a... special case with Yoga Flame/Blast. This case if it goes for over a certain time, the Yoga Flame does less damage. (I have done this... sort of.) It looks like it's a multi-hit move when it should be just one.
3. I'm not sure how to approach the Flame in particular when it comes to scaling Dhalsim down to CvS size (same with Yoga Fire.)

I'll have this here, if you guys can help, it would be fantastic. Meanwhile, I'll work on Iori's AI a bit more.

Oh, P.S. He's got moves from Guile, soooo, yeah. Still in progress.
Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:03:30 am by Knuckles8864
#42  March 30, 2017, 12:58:17 am
Hey guys. Hope you're all doing well. So far, I'm getting everything in the Specials together. Only real trouble is Yoga Flame/Blast, mostly because I want to do two hits for the EX versions of them. If anyone has some ideas to throw around for them, I'd be more than happy to hear.

Also, some palettes for Dhalsim would be nice. No pressure though. :thumbsup:

Also also, the link on the top has been updated for those who want to try out the Beta. Planning on using the Yoga Grasp as well as Yoga Barrage (which is set right now), but I'm not 100% sure if I want to use Yoga Legend (that one move from SFAEX3, I believe?) What do you guys think?
#43  March 30, 2017, 01:52:03 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
You know what I think?  Go all out on him, man.  Make him as complete as you'd like him to be.  Maybe try and make an EX version of Dhalsim if you think it might be too much for a single version to have.
#44  March 30, 2017, 01:56:24 am
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
Palettes? You got it!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#45  March 30, 2017, 02:59:46 am
^

Ooo, some are fancy! Nice job! Would you like to name them?
#46  March 30, 2017, 04:05:55 am
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
Sure.
Creamcolate, Nightshade, Cotton Candy, R&B
#47  March 30, 2017, 04:33:13 am
Thank you kindly, mate!
#48  March 30, 2017, 06:16:38 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice work Knuckles8864.

Some suggestions...

- yes to Yoga Grasp & Yoga Barrage & Yoga Legend
 - how about Yoga Strike, the throw super?
 - maybe add SFV Yoga Float to his arsenal or replace the Kuuchuu Chouhatsu, since Yoga Float is the superior technic
 - how about SFV Yoga Burner as MAX version of Yoga Stream?
 - SFV Yoga Gale?
 - yes to two hits on EX version of Yoga Flame & Yoga Blast
 - I really don´t like SFV versions of the Yoga Flame projectile going up and then back down diagonally in an arc, but you could add those as a second version of his Yoga Flame (p.e. by holding down the punch button while performing)... IMO it would give Dhalsim more tools

You know what I think?  Go all out on him, man.  Make him as complete as you'd like him to be.  Maybe try and make an EX version of Dhalsim if you think it might be too much for a single version to have.

This!!

Have fun Knuckles8864.  ;)
#49  March 30, 2017, 07:06:18 pm
    • France
    • saga.3@hotmail.fr
sf5 stuff is not necessary according to me when you have stuff from street fighter alpha 3, cvs2 or sf4... I ll test the beta this week ;)
#50  March 30, 2017, 07:08:19 pm
Going with the ex mode idea from before you could have a classic dhalsim with moves from older games, and the ex dhalsim can have moves from newer ones. You could if you want to then add like a master dhalsim with the moves of both but whatever just giving my thoughts.
#51  April 02, 2017, 02:36:06 pm
Nice work Knuckles8864.

Some suggestions-desudesu

- yes to Yoga Grasp & Yoga Barrage & Yoga Legend
 - how about Yoga Strike, the throw super?
 - maybe add SFV Yoga Float to his arsenal or replace the Kuuchuu Chouhatsu, since Yoga Float is the superior technic
 - how about SFV Yoga Burner as MAX version of Yoga Stream?
 - SFV Yoga Gale?
 - yes to two hits on EX version of Yoga Flame & Yoga Blast
 - I really don´t like SFV versions of the Yoga Flame projectile going up and then back down diagonally in an arc, but you could add those as a second version of his Yoga Flame (p.e. by holding down the punch button while performing)-desudesu  IMO it would give Dhalsim more tools

This!!

Have fun Knuckles8864.  ;)

-Finished Yoga Barrage, working on Yoga Grasp, Yoga Legend will be there.
-Yoga Strike will be there too, as I put in the first moveset I had planned.
-I'll probably stay away from the SFV stuff, since some sprites aren't there for the aerial sets for him.
-Still working on the 2 hits for the EX Yoga Flame/Blast. Trying some things for the regular versions right now (if one is good, the other will be a piece of cake.)

Anyway, link is updated, though there are some issues.

-Use of Yoga Flame after knocking down the opponent will cause him to freeze in place. (Yoga Blast is coded differently, hoping to change it to Yoga Flame's code after that gets fixed.)
-Trying to figure out how to get Yoga Flame's Custom Combo mechanics working properly.
-Custom Combo doesn't seem to work sometimes, and I haven't figured out why yet.

Also, I was thinking his Midnight Bliss from SNK Chaos would be pretty neat. Anyone up to the task?
#52  April 02, 2017, 06:01:40 pm
    • France
    • saga.3@hotmail.fr
#53  April 02, 2017, 06:49:36 pm
^ That might work.
#54  April 03, 2017, 07:00:39 am
Progress on Midnight Bliss's Color Separation:

Thoughts?
#55  April 03, 2017, 08:27:09 pm
    • France
    • saga.3@hotmail.fr
seems good :). did you solve your fx s attemp ?

DW

#56  April 04, 2017, 03:21:29 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Too KoF/SvC looking. Post it in that spriter's request thread and see if anyone may hook you up with editing it. Or commission it be touched up.
Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Dhalsim
#57  April 12, 2017, 03:36:11 pm
seems good :). did you solve your fx s attemp ?

To answer your question: No, I did not.

Anyway, Specials are all done. On to the Supers. I hate to be a request guy, but I'd like two things.

1. A new main portrait (to make it different from Rajaa's)
2. The Super Move Names.

-Yoga Inferno
-Yoga Legend
-Yoga Strike
-Yoga Stream
-Yoga Catastrophe
#58  April 12, 2017, 08:24:33 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
On the port main, what size are we talking about. Let me know, and I could hook you up with something.
#59  April 13, 2017, 04:41:08 am
#60  April 13, 2017, 05:52:28 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling